Is pc hardware expensive where you live?

yes

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Man any thing of quality in my country we have to order from the states. A basic computer thats like $400-$500USD on line is about $2000EC+ (taking into consideration the currency diffrence) and everything comes from the states, so the companies pays $400-$500 to get it plus ship it, customs and all that. Hence we only have basic computer parts. You cant even walk into a store and get a Geforce GTX card. you can get a Geforce card for like $200 which is like what 5+ yrs old now.

God, buying hardware in California is painful for me. I just bought a 750ti for $140 on Amazon and paid $165 after taxes and shipping.

A big cry out from AUstralia. the shipping prices can murder.

God, buying hardware in California is painful for me. I just bought a 750ti for $140 on Amazon and paid $165 after taxes and shipping.

I know people complain about the price increase the taxes can/will make, but complaining over that small taxes? Really? It boggles my mind...

Note that pretty much everywhere outside of US everything is more expensive.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

In the UK prices are a bit steeper, for example a 4770k is roughly £270/280. I'd imagine that's just tax though, and goes for the entire EU.

So it seems like the US is the best place to get cheap computer parts :D

Living in Vancouver, its easy to cross the border and pick up some stuff :P

I think India gets cheaper PC components than the US. Not sure but I think I remember reading that from somewhere. :/

Oh look, normal pricing?

I think India gets cheaper PC components than the US. Not sure but I think I remember reading that from somewhere. :/

No in India PC components are 20-30% more in price as compared to USA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Oh look, normal pricing?

Its just a killer for a student like me on a budget. For me, every dollar counts

Australians are always complaining, but availability, pricing and shipping are all worse in New Zealand.

Its just a killer for a student like me on a budget. For me, every dollar counts

I'm a (poor) student too, living where things are more expensive than you have (except studying... Dunno about you but it's free for us).

For budget solution I'd suggest getting most of your stuff second-handed. It'll be cheaper, but watch out for scammers. At least that's what I do: everything that can be acquired cheaper from someone else second-handed, I'll forget the more expensive new product. Why pay more for something new if something exactly the same can be gotten cheaper from someone else?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I'm a (poor) student too, living where things are more expensive than you have (except studying... Dunno about you but it's free for us).

For budget solution I'd suggest getting most of your stuff second-handed. It'll be cheaper, but watch out for scammers. At least that's what I do: everything that can be acquired cheaper from someone else second-handed, I'll forget the more expensive new product. Why pay more for something new if something exactly the same can be gotten cheaper from someone else?

Although everything you said is true.. You never know what the previous owner did the the parts. Some may be bitcoin miners that power their computers day and night leaving little to be desired of what's left, therefore selling the machine. I guess I just don't trust a lot of people, but I feel that I've been through this first hand after buying my first laptop through eBay

Although everything you said is true.. You never know what the previous owner did the the parts. Some may be bitcoin miners that power their computers day and night leaving little to be desired of what's left, therefore selling the machine. I guess I just don't trust a lot of people, but I feel that I've been through this first hand after buying my first laptop through eBay

It's true that stuff like GPUs might've been used for mining crypto currencies, but they shouldn't lessen their lifespan too much (I'd say safe to expect more than 2 years unless there's manufacturing errors / OCs). It can take time to find the good quality components / other stuff in pristine condition, but you'll just have to trade in more time for searching in order to spend less money.

Take for example my GPUs: I've bought 2 of them, both second-handed, the earlier bought one (ASUS GTX 550 Ti, which was over 3 years used by the previous owner at the time of purchase) has been working for the entire time I've had it (nearly 2 years), the latter one (Gigabyte GTX 590, which was almost 2 years old when I purchased it) also has worked the whole time I've had it (6 months). That might give some idea on the subject: that second-hand bought components (in this case GPUs) don't break quickly even if they've been stressed a lot (unless it's due to OCing or manufacturing errors). You might never know, but be careful, and when a good and legit looking deal from a trusted seller arrives, prepare to take some risks.

For everyone else: Sorry for derailing the thread.

Here in Australia parts get markep up by heaps, for example, the 295X2, which launched at $1499 in the US, launched at $1949 here, a bit of a markup.

MSY wins again! http://www.msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/14-graphics-card#/price-1001-3699

| AMD FX8320 - 3.9Ghz |MSI R9 270x OC | 16GB 1866mhz DDR3 | 990FX Extreme 9| 650w 80+ Gold | 8.1 Pro | 128GB Samsung SSD | WD Blue 1tB HDD |

New Zealand: Gigabyte 780Ti is US$885 compared to the US' $729. sigh...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You guys have it easy IMO, you all just have to pay a high sum for a PC part. It is a sad state of affairs regarding PC hardware in my country, you can't even find a 660ti and they still sell gtx 8800 as the premier GPU for a PC at a crazy price and my country has no taxes or duties on PC parts. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Prices are fairly decentish except for ram which is a fortune unless u find a great deal

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Pretty expensive. What costs 1500 $ on pcpartpicker will cost AT LEAST 1500 € here.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I live in the UK, so we're pretty much used to getting gouged on prices where everything's concerned really. food example? I have to go to a speciality store for code red, and four bottles cost me £15.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

In europe you will always have to pay more due to taxes. It's usually the price in USD = the price in EUR (so a product that costs 600$ in the states is usually 600€ here). It's not as bad as it sounds though, since the average income here is higher as well. And as always, higher living standard + higher average income = higher prices. There's not much you can do about it except for importing, which only works if the prices here are ridiculously inflated, like my ATH-AD 900x for example, price in japan = 200 USD, price in europe = 340€. Importing was cheaper and with customs and taxes and shipping I "just" had to pay 220€ in the end.

No in India PC components are 20-30% more in price as compared to USA.

Sorry, I was misinformed.

i live in Norway so i all i can say to that is ppffffftttt!, almost everyone is going to yes because they are comparing themselves to the us, almost everything is more expensive outside the us especially when the business resides within the us, is hardware expensive here? i live in Norway! ofcourse it's flipping expensive, everything is expensive in Norway! :P, but it has reasoning behind it and we have a decent wage for the most part, so can't really complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to dig out this thread since I'm looking at new monitor and was comparing some prices. I must say that monitors are really cheap compared to other countries, even the German prices for some monitors are higher which was the go-to country when buying PC components for me.

The LG 34UM95 sells here for 880€, which is awesome. ATM this monitor is at 1100$ in US which converts to 812€, which is insane for us, since the price from US to EU is usually just same number but different unit.

Comparing the price to cheapest in Germany at 909€ is unheard of here (their VAT is at 19%, ours at 22%)

So I don't know what they are doing here, but I like it, makes it easier to justify that 880€ that I'll most likely throw at them.

I'll wait out till the AOC monitor come out and then decide

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

19% Tax,

yes, way to expensive.

And to proof it. We got a VW out of the USA, that was build in Germany. We saved over $10K. WTF?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |