Is pc hardware expensive where you live?

PC Parts are rather inexpensive in Germany, reading the comments about components in australia ist just retarded lol.

r9 290x- 400-500€

r9 290- 350-400€

780TI- 600-650€

780- 450€

I still find it cheapest to buy there, including shipping costs.

Then again, here, tech savvy peeps only recomend to buy from Germany so I wasn't checking other countries, but getting some components for half the price compared to here is damn good for me.

And I agree with you about AUS :D

I compared prices here with theirs and it's more expencive here, in general in EU it's about the same as AUS and then you check their income...min is 16$/h compared to ours 3.5€/h...(38h of work a week gets you the same amount as working full month 40h a week here :D)

But then again, in developing contruies is even worse.I spent some time in Serbia recently and there, you'd have to work 5 months on minimal wage to get a gtx titan in their store.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

• 4 weeks later...

S$1000 for a GTX 780ti, is that expensive to anyone? And yes in Singapore it actually costs that much.

I live in Singapore too... I feel you bro

We've got 25% value added tax on our tech. But in the end it's not that bad.

It feels more expensive though. My rig cost me 15.000:- swedish kronor. (1400:-) 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Livin in Romania , just payed a 780's worth for a 760 , planning on conquering the world to solve this problem. Join me today !

I still find it cheapest to buy there, including shipping costs.

Then again, here, tech savvy peeps only recomend to buy from Germany so I wasn't checking other countries, but getting some components for half the price compared to here is damn good for me.

And I agree with you about AUS :D

I compared prices here with theirs and it's more expencive here, in general in EU it's about the same as AUS and then you check their income...min is 16$/h compared to ours 3.5€/h...(38h of work a week gets you the same amount as working full month 40h a week here :D)

But then again, in developing contruies is even worse.I spent some time in Serbia recently and there, you'd have to work 5 months on minimal wage to get a gtx titan in their store.

Dafuq who works for 3.5euro/hour in a western country Oo

Let's agree to disagree

Yeah it's expensive here in Canada. And in my province (Ontario) we have environmental fees on top of taxes for electronics -_-

Heck yeah, everything in China is expensive other than rice...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Depends really. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

yes it is.

It's even cheaper to just order in the usa then get some 3rd party like johnny air or fedex or something to deliver it here (this includes the 12% vat + shipping fee + handling fee) than buying it here.

imo even the evga 780 here 756.36$ converted similar priced to 780 ti from lower brands here like palit or inno3d (lol the 780 ti windforce is even cheaper by 5 bucks).

pretty much everything has 1 year warranty.

For US/EU companies their products are a bit more expensive but given our close proximity to Taiwan some products are cheaper/as cheap in the US like ones from Asus, Gigabyte and MSI and Bitfenix. 

hello random lurker welcome to linus tech tips

Its terrible in sweden.... Like really, the prices are higher and then theres additional 25% taxes on top of that, and even more taxes if its some sort of storage device. its aweful, just aweful.

definitely a YES. but i think everything is Australia is 

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

I have yet to find a more expensive country than Greece in tech.

Aside from the 24% tax, 1 out of 2 hardware, the price is double than the US. One nice example is the NZXT phantom 820 which costs 407 USD.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

We get screwed over by VAT in the UK, and Electronic's manufacturer's see this as a chance to charge more than they would in other territories and blame it on VAT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Well... +24% in VAT makes things expensive, but other than that the prices aren't too bad when compared to what some of you guys have to cope with.

I mostly try to avoid high costs by shopping second-hand stuff, though... Almost nothing (other than food) I buy today is new due to high costs and poor income (if returning empty bottles to stores could classify as income...)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Not at all.

i7s for $250, GTX 780s for $470, MPOWER MAXes for $200.

The perks of being 15 minutes away from a New York Micro Center.

Orange County Micro center here :D

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Heck yeah, everything in China is expensive other than rice...

And people...

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Where I live, Croatia, PC components are also very expensive.For an example, Asus DirectCU 2 780 (the cheapest 780 I found) is 3700 HRK, the equivalent of 660$ (keep in mind I'm writing this in June 2014, prices may vary and it's not as bad as it used to be).I buy most of my hardware from Extreme Digital, they have shops in multiple European countries, not sure about Sweden though.They seem to be the cheapest and have everything available.

You so cute with your environmental taxes and VAT ...

I present to you : Morocco. Where tech shops dont exist and if you need a graphics card you have to pay someone who will call someone located in europe that will send it in a bag full of socks to evade customs.

RMA ? what is that

Let me give you guys an example:

Evga 780ti Dual Classified: 759.99 US$

Price in Brazil: 1429 US$

so yeah pc hardware is expensive here.

Steam: gray_fox_br

In the UK, yes but I think that's largely because of tax.  

I am born and I live in India . If I would make a budget PC in USA for about USD $600, it would cost me about ₹1,00,000 INR. And that, my friend, is not a "Budget" PC.

Yup, it's sometimes like 150% the price of what it costs in the netherlands, so I bought most stuff there, and even that it way more expensive than in the states for example.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Let me give you guys an example:

Evga 780ti Dual Classified: 759.99 US$

Price in Brazil: 1429 US$

so yeah pc hardware is expensive here.

The same in India: ₹55,580.

About US$936

Here too... ₹55,000 is not an amount that everyone can pay to buy a graphics card. Only the rich can afford such amount of money.

VERY, and it isn't even current gen or even high performance.

Latest laptop to us is Inspiron 14r 5437 @ $979.00 + our tax (15%)

this laptop is discontinued and the best that resembles it is Inspiron i3541 @ $399.99 in amazon.

same goes with CPUs,

Best they have is I5-4430 @ $237.99 + our tax (15%)

I5-4430 @ $184.95 in amazon