What's with the razer hate

nevets13

why dose it seam like the vase majority of people on this forum hate razer, i get that they aren't the best of the best but they are a pretty decent entry lvl gaming brand. and I've had nothing but good times with them except for there smart watch

2 minutes ago, nevets13 said:

why dose it seam like the vase majority of people on this forum hate razer, i get that they aren't the best of the best but they are a pretty decent entry lvl gaming brand. and I've had nothing but good times with them except for there smart watch

they want money. surround sound on there headphones cost 20 bucks.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

They coast on sales to people who think Razer is just what you buy if you're a "gamer" and are ignorant of other options. Their build quality is suspect. and personally I find their branding extremely tacky.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Because there is better quality products for the same prices.

That's why people say you should get something else.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Personal experience:

I've used Razer mice for about 12 years. I've owned five. The first one (Deathadder 3.5g) stopped powering on after about 6 years of very heavy use. The second (Deathadder Chroma) developed double clicking after about 3. All of the others have been fine so far. I've been using a Basilisk Ultimate as my primary since 2019. The cheaper Basilisk Hyperspeed is what I use at work. My previous primary, the Deathadder Elite, I keep around as a backup / guest mouse.

So, a mixed bag, but I still like them, and I know other brands of gaming mice can develop double-click as well. FWIW it seems the build quality has increased over the older models.

Some great hardware with some very greedy decisions in their software development.  I had a Blackwidow Chroma years back and it was a great keyboard but the software was awful.  having to run the software constantly while logged in to a useless account just to run the RGB on my £150+ keyboard is inexcusable.   

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

47 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

24e48d5ca61acb4b5bd39413110d899e2067901b

Probably deathly serious 🤣

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

It’s kinda the misleading of consumers by reliance on brand name. The idea that X product is best because it’s from Y brand.

So many people talk about it like if you want a good headset/keyboard/mouse the best is from Razer. No, there’s some good options and what you’re mostly paying for is aesthetic styling and the brand but if you’re into that and will pay for it, go for it. But nothing they make is anywhere near “the best”.

Their mice are some of the few products they make where they’re of legitimately good quality and people recommend them, it’s been their defacto product line for years now.

Their keyboards are vastly more expensive than keyboards of similar build quality and features, and then their keyboards overall get completely decimated by other companies offerings for the same money. They’re one of those “paying for a brand” things. And that applies to a lot of their products. Their headsets are extremely low tier and there are better standalone headsets for the money, even from other mainstream gaming peripheral brands, ie turtle beach. But then if you want actual sound quality in headphones and microphone, because Barracuda Pro’s are $250, that’s also Astro A50’s which wipe the floor with anything Razer has. Or you can piece together a standalone microphone and headphones and $250 will get you far better than either of those options.

Their monitors are “Alienware makes monitors, we have to do it now too” tier. 
The furniture is just the Razer name on mediocre gamer themed furniture.

And their laptops, oh man. So Razer figured out they can put mid tier gaming laptop hardware into a fancy shell, price it like a MacBook, let it thermal throttle into oblivion (like a MacBook) and reap in fields of money. That doesn’t make the product good, they’re hot, loud, barely serviceable laptops that have the Razer logo on them. It’s just they feel more premium than average gaming laptops because it’s thin and dense versus most other laptops of its price range which will vastly outperform the Blade, because inside of them is better hardware but with a less premium shell.

And that would be fine as a trade off in a conceptual product if the thing wasn’t a housefire you can’t upgrade. There is a market for “I would pay more for a better feeling machine than one with better performance”, but they didn’t even do that.

tldr Razer just kinda sucks because they’re coasting on their name alone

Other companies make superior products, even if the world of “gaming focused” brands.

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Hate razer? nah, I just laugh at people who waste their money on razer products thinking they're good just because they're expensive.

Also this, this is a big one.

The weird flexing of Razer hardware at times. “This was $200, it’s really good” like man you haven’t seen what “good” is.

This gets into the mice, because I will stand by Razer makes good mice, just overpriced mice.

My coworker did this all the time with Razer peripherals for everything and claiming their deathadder V2 is the best of the best.

Until they used my gwolves Hati HTM which costs the same money and has a better sensor, better ergonomics, lower weight, better materials used, better switches, better skates, and is modular and serviceable to the extent it comes with an extra cable and switches and a manual on how to swap them and no I’m not joking:

30D6602A-81CF-46D0-9B80-F87609AE8EE2.thumb.jpeg.33621f6be456bcf760743f591d7a00e6.jpeg

They sell you a mouse for life.

Besides the point, no the deathadder V2 isn’t the best mouse. It’s an OK mouse, nothing inherently wrong with it besides the price, and that price is due to the Razer logo. If you want that, there’s nothing wrong with that, just recognize that it costs more based on name.

Because even for the same money there are mice that run (glide?) circles around it in every possible way except not having a Razer logo on them.

This same kind of thing applies to all their products. 

4 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Also this, this is a big one.

The weird flexing of Razer hardware at times. “This was $200, it’s really good” like man you haven’t seen what “good” is.

This gets into the mice, because I will stand by Razer makes good mice, just overpriced mice.

My coworker did this all the time with Razer peripherals for everything and claiming their deathadder V2 is the best of the best.

Until they used my gwolves Hati HTM which costs the same money and has a better sensor, better ergonomics, lower weight, better materials used, better switches, better skates, and is modular and serviceable to the extent it comes with an extra cable and switches and a manual on how to swap them and no I’m not joking:

30D6602A-81CF-46D0-9B80-F87609AE8EE2.thumb.jpeg.33621f6be456bcf760743f591d7a00e6.jpeg

They sell you a mouse for life.

Besides the point, no the deathadder V2 isn’t the best mouse. It’s an OK mouse, nothing inherently wrong with it besides the price, and that price is due to the Razer logo. If you want that, there’s nothing wrong with that, just recognize that it costs more based on name.

Because even for the same money there are mice that run (glide?) circles around it in every possible way except not having a Razer logo on them.

This same kind of thing applies to all their products. 

It applies to a lot of products.  'Gaming', 'Razor' or anything really

my main problem with them is the fact that already expensive headphones (100 AUD) don't come with surround sound. They have the surround sound ability but to use it you need to pay a further 30 aud.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

and they don't say that, you only see it on the synapse software.

My First PC

My experience with Razer...their build quality is entry level.

I had two Razer DeathAdder 3.5G mouse go bad; the mouse buttons (i.e. left or right click) stop working.

One of them the braiding on the cable basically disintegrated after a few years.

Yet, my 7+ year old (at the time) Logitech G9x mice braid is still like brand-new.

Entry level product, but charge mid ~ high end prices.

Razer Synapse is a piece of garbage.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I don't like their logo but other than that they're just fine. 

2 hours ago, 8tg said:

mouse for life.

I can't get behind the cheese grater mice, too many crevices for dust and grime. 

4 hours ago, nevets13 said:

It's mostly the software, especially since it's neat software with all kinds of awesome customization, then after months of headaches trying to track down the issue, replacing part, reinstalling windows just to find out you need to disable synapse leaves us longer time razer users super salty, plus quality is spotty for the price they charge and the icing on the cake when you have a problem try to contact razer support and let us know how that goes lol

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Ok that's all fair, unfortunately for me it's the only brand that uses toxic ass green (that I know of) in there color scheme and I've never had a problem with any of there software (useablity) but yeah the charging extra for full surround is BS but my hearing sucks anyway so the basic 7.1 surround is good enough. 

Just now, nevets13 said:

Ok that's all fair, unfortunately for me it's the only brand that uses toxic ass green (that I know of) in there color scheme and I've never had a problem with any of there software (useablity) but yeah the charging extra for full surround is BS but my hearing sucks anyway so the basic 7.1 surround is good enough. 

Yea I fell for the green at first to 😆 I miss the pre RGB days of just straight green lights in all there products, the software issues don't affect everyone, it's seems to be random, like you update a driver one day or you upgrade your GPU or replace something and all of a sudden synapse hates you every step of the way with no recourse 

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

I wouldn't say I "hate" Razer, but after seeing how many of their laptops have died in the hands of LMG staff after only a few years, I won't be buying any of their products anytime soon.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

I have had nothing but bad experiences with their products, except for my Nostromo. Which curiously refuses to die. It has one janky switch, but that's it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Razer makes decent stuff. But they're too expensive for what they are and the accompanying software is a joke. There is simply better stuff, often for less money.

The best way to describe it is probably like this:

They make B-tier products.

The regular forum users are almost exclusively enthusiasts.

Enthusiasts typically want something better like A or S-tier products.

"Normies" are still fine with B-tier or worse products. (Often because they're simply unaware of better stuff existing, but that doesn't really matter.)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.