Fractal Design Node 804

Came to say something about the review - server was busy and I couldn't get to the forum for about 10 minutes. By the time I got here, I forgot what I was planning on saying.

I'd make it a watercooled gaming/seed box.

I think i got me a new case for my matx Crossfire, will also invest in a sniper matx board now i know about their layout. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Nice review. It sure can pack a lot of stuff despite its size, but cable management is going to be a nightmare.

I'm surprised Linus didn't take some subtle jabs at Josh lol.

Great review, love cube cases in general and this looks like a nice compact one

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

How are people watching this? All I get is "This video is private".

it was reuploaded with a fix on something about the radiators @LinusTech still has the old video embedded

its available on youtube

Mmmmmm... I'm looking at this and thinking of the angles you would have to use for a hardline watercooling job!  I'm almost drooling thinking about it!  Definitely piques my interest!

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

I think it's space inefficient. If you plan to fill it with hard drives, then yes, it's gonna be great, but for your typcial 2-3 drives, this is just a huge box with a µATX mobo and an empty space in the back.

I wouldn't say that at all, I think the way they handled the slim cd drive and the front bezel ssd's was brilliant, Also think about what you could do with water cooling.  You could possibly place the res and pump in that back area. Looking at fractal design's video on their website, you could have a 280 on one side and then 240 on the other on the top.

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

I find it odd that so many "small" cases have a wider footprint than average cases. It actually makes them bigger when you consider the space they will take on a desk or the floor.

Since few people would suffer any inconvenience from cases being taller (who is using the space directly above their PC for anything?), I'm surprised that no one has built a case with the HDD cages above the motherboard, making it a bit taller while reducing footprint. It might not look as "dinky" but it would actually take less space.

How would that be different from other 'regular' cases with the HDDs in front of the motherboard?

Ultimately, the only way to compare space efficiency is by volume. This case can sure put in a lot of stuff, but that's simply because it's large as well.

As an itx user, the efficiency of this case's use of space is amaaaaaaaaaziiiiiiiiiing

How would that be different from other 'regular' cases with the HDDs in front of the motherboard?

Ultimately, the only way to compare space efficiency is by volume. This case can sure put in a lot of stuff, but that's simply because it's large as well.

Sorry didn't spot your reply earlier as you didn't quote.

It would be superior for two reasons -

1. The front intakes would be directly in front of the motherboard and core components.

2. The case would have a smaller footprint. It would be taller than the average MATX case, but would take less space.