Age when you got your first PC

Well my family always had a PC I could go on, but my first own was when I was 4 or so.

It was just some Windows 98 one though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well not sure when it was officially mine, but i've used the pc of my parents until i was 13 or something.

The reason i got one is because my dad sold his pc :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Well my family always had a PC I could go on, but my first own was when I was 4 or so.

It was just some Windows 98 one though.

wow thats young 

My first PC? I think I was 11.

shared? six

my own? technically 13 but its technically not mine

so N/A

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

When I was 5-7 (can't remember exactly.) my grandmother lugged in a windows 95 machine missing its sound card, I would just watch the maze screensaver and paint some. 

Lord of Helium.

my first one was when i was 6 I used my dad's pre-build pc to play games on ah so many good times. :DDD

Now at 15 I just recently built my very own PC with my dad :D

link to my rig if your interested :D

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/sTP4kL

Got a pre-built when I was 12. Now I have the PC in my sig. 13 now but I do math 2 years ahead and act more mature than everybody else at my school. I always hate being that one kid that is smarter than every one. Ugh first world problems. 

I used the family pc since I was 5 or so (1994ish) but was talked into buying consoles instead of building pc's around age 12 :( built my first pc after modifying an old office pc at age 26. If only I had done it at 12, I'd have 14 years more experience and would probably be working with computers instead of hvac equipment

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I had one when I was like 6 - 7 or so, it wasn't mine, more of the family pc, but I used it far more then anyone else in the house :P

My own completely personal computer (eh more of a laptop), was when I was 10, still using it today, right now.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

After this pc on the picture (Printer included) that I got with 8 years another one (a Dell) followed after two years and after this thing also died I started planning my first PC with 13 and build it with 14 

post-229060-0-19515000-1431884442.jpg

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

Got a laptop at 8 but a full pc at 12

Just wanted to know when you got your first PC. I built one for my parents when I was 12, 2 months ago (sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, but I'm not).

i got my lenovo y50 7 months ao and i am still 14 but i am a freshman in high school 

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

About a year ago, I was 16 by that time, also but one just a few months ago for a friend.

The first time i built one, or got one?

EDIT: This is an old thread, never mind. 

Built my first PC 10 years ago, when I was 8....

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

I was 13 when I got my first computer. It was a pretty decent Acer laptop that I still have today. Its around 4 years old now, but it still works like a charm, even though it has a slow HDD as a boot drive.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Got my first own pc, not family one, when I was 17. It was a Dell desktop (didn't know any better at the time lol).

Built my first pc when I was 22. That is now almost 3 years ago.

When I was like 9-10, so that was like 20 years ago.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

When i was 8 years old back in 1997 or so. It didnt have internet or anything, my mom gave it to me because it was her old one. I thought it was so cool at the time that i had my own PC even though all i ever did on it was play Lords of the Realm 2 and make text documents.