Age when you got your first PC

Technically haven't built a pc on my own, but built one with a friend about a month ago, so 21 :P

I have been interested for a long time, but due to economic reasons I haven't had a chance to try before :(

Some day my friend! Some day!

I did my first 'from-scratch' build about a month ago; I'm loving it so much. I'm 20. c:

Happy Gaming!

My families first computer like product was a Web TV which we got when I was around 8-9? So in 1997-8 give or take a year or two. Then we got our first Windows based PC when I was around 13 or so. From there it was mostly junk until I built my own PC as a graduation present from my parents in 2007 at age 18. The system specs were: Raidmax Smilidon Case, Nvidia Evga 7950GT, AMD Athlon 64x2 5600+, 320 GB HDD, 4 gigabytes of ram, a EVGA 590SLI Motherboard, a Hanns-G 22" 1680x1050 monitor, Logitech G15 Keyboard and a Logitech G5 mouse. I upgraded that PC slowly from 2007-2012. It went on to have a 9800GTX+, different RAM because of faulty issues, a new case, a GTX 260, then with the help of a friend on another forum. I was able to buy a Phenom II 965 BE, and he gave me his old motherboard and GTX 260 as a Christmas gift to me. Around a year later I sold it for 300 or so dollars without one of the 260's and started building a new PC. This story is too long so I'll end it here. 

TLDR. 1997 age 8-9?

I first built one at the age of 12. I built one for myself help from my uncle's friend. Built one for my brother and friend by myself. Currently building another one for myself and selling other parts.

When i was 8/9 had this old pc i played dos games on...jazz jackrabbit being the main one..oh memories

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I loved PCs since when I was 13. I didn't own a computer back then because I could not even pay for one so I used the family's pentium 4 rig with built in graphics (LOL). Back then I think the GTX 480 was like the best thing since sliced bread. I could go on about the tech specs and all that. Then at 16, I got my school laptop. My daily driver at school. An Asus G56JR with a GTX 760M. The first machine that I used that actually had a graphics card but an ageing one. Then at 17 which was a few months ago, I had saved up enough for a $1000 gaming rig. My dad saw that and said he would top up a bit morre for me. I tried to stay under $2000 (take note computer hardware here in Asia is SUPER expensive) and thus I ended up with SnapDragon.

TLDR: 17.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

An new Tandy from Radio Shack for my 14th (I think) birthday. Man that thing sucked, even for the time.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

about three weeks ago, so 17!

CPU: i5 4690K  GPU: Zotac 960 AMP! Edition  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  Power Supply: CM V550  RAM: Kinston 8GB 1866Hz  Cooling: CM Nepton 240M  MOBO: MSI Z87 MPOWER                                                         Im addicted to PC.... Help me

My father bought my first pc as a gift for my 15 year birthday.

I builded my first when i was 16. Now i'm 18 and dreaming about ultimate gamers wet dream gaming build xD

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

My dad used to assemble PC since i was born.

So I used to use my dad's pc as mine.

Used to play games like jill of the jungle, pacman, bruce lee, prince of persia

Used to play these since age of 5/6

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

First one i paid for myself: 13 (Last year)

First one i had all to myself: 6 or 7 (Around 2006-7)

14 i believe (First year high school) and was a pre built system sigh. Didn't have knowledge back then about building my own.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

A month ago, so 14!

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

I've owned and helped build PCs since I was a little kid, but I finally saved up enough cash from work to buy and build my own rig last year at 20. You gotta earn the privilege, kiddos.

Git Gud.

i was 10 when i got my laptop (it was so crap) and i was 14 when i built my gaming pc and is the one iim using now 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

I would have been 10 in 1999. I asked for a PC I saw in a second hand shop for Christmas. £80 for a DX-2 @ 66mhz, 16MB of RAM, 500MB hard drive. I asked for a CD drive and sound card as extras to go with it.

I learnt a lot from that machine, especially reinstalling Windows 95. I broke it, a lot.

My families first house pc: ~5-6 years old (it broke about 2 years later)

Second family pc: Like 10-11 years old

First personal pc: 12-13 (was a laptop)

First custom pc: 16 years old (built it christmas 2014)

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

First family computer: I was 9, I think

Since then I had 2 more computers

Recently I moved to another country coz of job and I've build my own PC (I'm 21 now).

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

7. I was 7.

Like, 0-3 years old (it was an RM PC, used to think it was IBM but I did some more research and the logo I remember turned out to be RM). Ran Windows 2000 and I used to play Lego Racers and mess with paint and the maze screensaver. It had no internet connection.

First Mac:

An iBook G3 off of ebay when I was about 8 years old.

First custom built:

14 years old, build a few months back and mostly from parts off of ebay and slowly being upgraded

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15