Age when you got your first PC

I was 10 almost 11 and helped build my mom's computer. I actually remember some specs! Here they are

CPU: AMD athlon 64x2 (aww shit son)

GPU: Nvidia gt8800

PSU: some 650 Watt psu that came with case

RAM: 6 GB of Kingston ddr2 ram in a 3GB dimm, a 2Gb dimm, and a 1 GB dimm.

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

I will be 15 or 16 when I build my first computer. (I'm saving up for it atm.) After the fact (Computer, OS, Software, Peripherals, Desk/Chair, and Games) I expect it to be under $4500.

Intel i7 4790K - GTX 980 -16GB DDR3 1866MHz - Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) - WD Black (3TB) 

-Misc.-

LG 34UC97, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (MX Blue), Logitech Performance MX, Sennheiser RS 170, Ikea Micke (desk), Ikea Malkom(chair), Sony Vegas Pro 13, FL Studio, Photoshop CC or CS6, Illustrator CC or CS6.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Idk when I was probably 10 or 11 I think when I took a computer I got for free apart and then rebuilt it.

All I remember about it was that it was a Pentium 4 and it was HP.

I think the case was this:

c00594611.jpg

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

WOW...for that kinda $ you should be shopping for a car. 

Case: Corsair Carbide 300r PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750W MB: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CPU: AMD BOX AMD FX-8320 BLACK ED CPU cooler: Coolermaster HYPER 212 EVO memory: GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB DDR3 2400 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4G OS and games drive: Crucial 512GB 2.5 MX100 SSD media drive: WD Red NAS Hard Drive WD30EFRX keyboard: Logitech G510s keyboard: mouse: Logitech "plain jane" usb mouse sound:  Logitech G430 cans display: Samsung px2370 display

same as minjon , 18, pretty cool experience, Have always kept  the fans from the first case 5 years later ! 

I was 18. The CPU was a 233 MHz AMD K6, it had 32MB of SDRAM back when everyone was using EDO, and I had a 500MB hard drive. For the life of me I can't remember the video card I had. But it was a pretty badass system for the day.

I was a console lover, my first PC was using pentium III. After that i stay with consoles until my PS3 was beaten by YLOD. After that i made 2 rigs both using i7 2600k. One with radeon 6870 and the other one with 4850.

Then i upgrade it. One has i7 2600k (still) and GTX 680. and the other one has i7 4770 and GTX 780

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

8 years old I believe. I took apart my brothers 486 computer and rebuilt it (out of curiosity) when he wasn't home. first PC I actually put together myself... I was probably 13 or 14.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I was 14, and now I'm 15, so not such a huge time ago... but what the heck :) But I have disassembled and reassembled many, many electronic items before.

You're reading this. Why are you reading this?

Hmm .. First PC-Build ... 80286 beast .. I was 19 in 1988

First Computer ... Lambda ZX-81 Clone ... 1981, i was 12

First modified computer .. My C64 .. put in a reset switch .. must've been around 1984.

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

When I was in grade 4 I fixed a few of the PC's in my school and was given one (9 - 10), several years later (3 - 4) I ended up building a PC with parts scrapped from a PC I received as a gift on Christmas, since then I've built several other PC's and helped with several hundreds of additional builds around the internet (NCIX Forums, Toms Hardware, Bit-Tech, Friends, Gaming Buddies, etc). I like building PC's, it's a shame I can't make more money doing it or I'd stop butchering fish / meat and focus on that instead.

I actually built my PC on my 15th birthday, but I'd been meaning to do it for over a year before and messing about with allsorts of random electronics for god knows how long before that.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

I was around 9 or 10

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this before (I think I saw it one another forum) but how old were you the first time you built/modified a computer and what were the specs? (if you remember)

I was 10

Hi friend.Who are you?

Eh. I havn't built a computer yet, but I'm going to be getting parts anytime now.

So pretty much the answer is 12.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

11, I started young but I got my older brother who was 13 at the time to help me.

I was about 14-15 when I put in a soundblaster pro, and the 1x CD-rom drive into my family's 80386 based computer.  The cd drive didn't even have a cd tray, you put the cd-roms into a cartridge and them put the cartridge into the cd drive like a big diskette. I think it was around 1990-1991, this was my first physical moding, as for software modding, I started that around age 12, with writing config.sys and autoexec.bat files to run games, and eck out as much of the base ram one could get, while at the same time set up ems and xms ram, which ate up base ram, an interesting balancing act. Ussually you were always chasing that hard to get limit of 600k of base free ram for use with high end games like Falcon 3.0 or Wing Commander.

I was about 14, back then though it was a little different putting PC's together.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I was 15-16, don't remember exactly, now 21. I basically replicated Linus' original How to Build Your Own PC guide. All parts were exactly the same, except for the case where I opted out for a Cooler Master Cosmos and the PSU, I got a Cooler Master 1000W semi-modular one, which I am using till this date, 3 builds down the road. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

It was for my birthday.

My parents didn't want me to buy the parts.

(in case i got scammed)

But guess what.

I still use my custom rig to this day.

Its now Saturday

I wish it was Sunday

I wish i had a Sundae

• 5 months later...

watchin pimp my setup and got wondering when i got my first computer. I got a baage computer with a CRT when i was 7, how old were you guys when you got yours.