Intel Core i9-13900K has been overclocked to 8812.85 MHz, beats 8-year-old frequency world record

Summary

XOC overclocker Elmor has just submitted a new 8812.85 MHz frequency record to HWBOT ranking. An Intel Core i9-13900K CPU was used along with an ASUS Z790 ROG Maximus APEX motherboard and tons of liquid nitrogen. The new CPU frequency world record has now been achieved by Elmor. 

INTEL-RAPTOR-CLOCK-RECORD-BANNER-1200x588.thumb.jpg.a2e5bd1a9031216c275303ffacd78e9f.jpg

13900K-ELMOR.thumb.jpg.dbdd44b438f45d736a9183801e29726a.jpg

Quotes

It was August 2014 when the highest frequency ever for a desktop CPU was achieved with AMD FX 8370 processor. It was a 8722.78 MHz overclock for a CPU that had a default frequency of 4.0 GHz. More than 8 years later, this record has now been broken again, but with an entirely new CPU.

It appeared that no Intel CPU can compete with AMD’s now ancient FX series in terms of overclocking. However, Intel 13th Gen Core series codenamed “Raptor Lake” have finally made this possible.

We have seen many leaks featuring Core i9-13900K processor over the past few months, and it was expected that this CPU could clock much higher, but we probably did not expect a day-1 world record in CPU frequency.

My thoughts

This is amazing to see the AMD FX series processor finally dethroned. Let alone being dethroned on day-1 of the 13900k's release. About a month ago the 13900k was just doing slightly over 8GHz, and here it is on launch day defeating the FX processor record. I'm guessing that there will be more records broken in the coming months with the 13900k, and we will see the CPU Frequency Hall of Fame at HWBOT slowly change. In third place there is another 13900k @ 8716MHz and another in tenth place @ 8500MHz, while the rest of the list is still AMD FX Processors.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i9-13900k-has-been-overclocked-to-8812-85-mhz-beats-8-year-old-frequency-world-record

https://hwbot.org/submission/5102721_elmor_cpu_frequency_core_i9_13900k_8812.85_mhz

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/halloffame

Best part is that it's not just CPU-Z validations at 8GHz. And further down the line when the process matures 9GHz could be on the cards.

Love absurd overclocks.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Somethings gotta beat those fx processors eventually and finally 13th gen did it, yea i doubted 13th gen being able to beat fx a month ago or so since at that time it was only 8ghz and welp 13th gen beats amd fx

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Best part is that it's not just CPU-Z validations at 8GHz. And further down the line when the process matures 9GHz could be on the cards.

Love absurd overclocks.

Were already super close to 9ghz so just a matter of time till someone hits 9ghz

i just want to see video of a CPU popping from the overclocks being too high

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

20 hours ago, leadeater said:

Well since you asked....

Holy moly, imagine ln2 flying everywhere. 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:01 AM, leadeater said:

Well since you asked....

Morgan was such a huge improvement over Spitfire.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL