Is this a OK price for a used 3070 Ti FE and would you trust it to be OK?

Filingo

Seems like roughly the right price, as least for the going rates in the UK. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thanks guys, In my mind it's clear that it was used for mining btw and I know some people go really rough on these - like extreme memory OC or regular OC - can that damage anything, or if it works - it works?

5 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Thanks guys, In my mind it's clear that it was used for mining btw and I know some people go really rough on these - like extreme memory OC or regular OC - can that damage anything, or if it works - it works?

Generally mining doesn;t harm a card. I'm folding team leader and what we do to cards is much heavier and yet I have 1080s running fine after 24/7 use for many many months. On top of that my old 980ti is still running strong in a friends build and that thing was folded on for about 3 years continually 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Being a non-LHR there is a fair chance it was mined on, but it seems to be in good condition.

You make a fair point; but hopefully the person mining was being frugal and under-volted and lowered the power targets on the card so that it wasn't doubling as a space heater when mining; I remember Linus discussing in a video how most rational miners typically under-volt and under-power their cards to yield not necessarily the absolute highest hash rates but the most efficient/profitable hash rates.  There always may be at least a small chance that the card was abused in some way but unfortunately that is always a risk that comes with buying used things regardless of whether or not the card was used to mine or not.

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

As far as I know, miners doesn't often OC their cards. When you OC you increase the chance of errors which is bad when you try to mine and there is not much to gain from it. The problem with mining cards is that they have been running 24/7 and may have spent its whole life in dusty warehouses etc.

3 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

As far as I know, miners doesn't often OC their cards. When you OC you increase the chance of errors which is bad when you try to mine and there is not much to gain from it. The problem with mining cards is that they have been running 24/7 and may have spent its whole life in dusty warehouses etc.

Also while overclocking does increase performance it usually does so at the cost of power consumption and is usually not worth the extra power consumption.