I like the heat but...

IDprofile

I live in Florida and I'm used to hot weather. I enjoy the sun.

However, my game room is not air conditioned. My computer is running hotter and when using my steering wheel I am pouring sweat non stop.

It's about 90F - 32C in the room. I wouldn't be complaining so much if my it didn't cause my pc to run hot and make me change my clothes and take a shower after I game.

I also excercise everyday so I'm drenched in sweat all frickin' day. :(

Anyone else being effected yet by heat this time in the year?

Get an air conditioner.... They can be as cheap as 100 dollars.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

It only gets to about 90 for a few weeks where I live, the rest of the time it's 40-60 degrees :^)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Well its winter right now in Australia, but if you think 32c is bad. Last christmas it was 43c outside. The difference is that im guessing its humid in florida? Where i live in Western Australia its very dry during summer. like, no rain for 5 months dry with 0% humidity.

EDIT: And christmas takes place during summer btw. Cause you know. Southern hemisphere and all that jazz

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

Dude, I live in Michigan. Bring some of that heat up here, would ya?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well its winter right now in Australia, but if you think 32c is bad. Last christmas it was 43c outside. The difference is that im guessing its humid in florida? Where i live in Western Australia its very dry during summer. like, no rain for 5 months dry with 0% humidity.

EDIT: And christmas takes place during summer btw. Cause you know. Southern hemisphere and all that jazz

It is pretty damn sticky in Florida.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Get an air conditioner matey, could help you and the gaming pc. *most importantly the pc of course*

Working on getting air conditioning installed. All that's done so far is the concrete has been layed. Will be a while before I ever get the rest done.

Wow, that's a hot winter. Only get's that hot here in the summer. And yeah it's very humid here. Florida winter is too cold IMO.

It is pretty damn sticky in Florida.

Yep.

Dude, I live in Michigan. Bring some of that heat up here, would ya?

Gotta love El Paso. We went straight from Spring during December/January right into Summer for most other people. Hit like 90 something last week here. Tons of fun and it's still going to get hotter. Enjoy the cold, and precipitation. :P

Gotta love El Paso. We went straight from Spring during December/January right into Summer for most other people. Hit like 90 something last week here. Tons of fun and it's still going to get hotter. Enjoy the cold, and precipitation. :P

We went from 85 and sunny to 38 and rainy in less than 18 hours. Then back to 72 the next day.

Working on getting air conditioning installed. All that's done so far is the concrete has been layed. Will be a while before I ever get the rest done.

Wow, that's a hot winter. Only get's that hot here in the summer. And yeah it's very humid here. Florida winter is too cold IMO.

Yep.

We got down to -40F a couple of times this winter... And 3 or 4 feet of snow... ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

We went from 85 and sunny to 38 and rainy in less than 18 hours. Then back to 72 the next day.

We got down to -40F a couple of times this winter... And 3 or 4 feet of snow... ;)

I miss rain and snow D:

Glad I don't get any snow.

I miss rain and snow D:

Shoulda been here earlier in the year. :P

Glad I don't get any snow.

It's kinda pretty for the first 4 inches. Then it pisses you off. And 4 feet...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Shoulda been here earlier in the year. :P

It's kinda pretty for the first 4 inches. Then it pisses you off. And 4 feet...

I do miss out on snow/ice drifting :(

In my town we had one of the bigger storms in a while 

like 3 days ago (it was raining like crazy.)  3 days later

it's 90 degrees and I can't stand it

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Dude it's still autumn.

OP - 32 degrees is pretty much everyday in my town. Hottest we've had was 45 degrees earlier this year and holy crap that was hot. I guess Florida would be both hot and humid though so invest in an air condition. It may hurt your pocket after a while though but totally worth it.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

In my town we had one of the bigger storms in a while 

like 3 days ago (it was raining like crazy.)  3 days later

it's 90 degrees and I can't stand it

Where do you live? In Florida rain doesn't bother us much as we are used to hurricanes and such. We drive full speed on the highways through rain where you can't see more than a meter ahead, you have to fight against the wind, and every time you hit a puddle it jerks your car really hard. It's fun to drive in rain.

Dude it's still autumn.

OP - 32 degrees is pretty much everyday in my town. Hottest we've had was 45 degrees earlier this year and holy crap that was hot. I guess Florida would be both hot and humid though so invest in an air condition. It may hurt your pocket after a while though but totally worth it.

I don't mind the heat much. It's the dripping sweat all over the place while I'm gaming

If I'm correct Florida has the highest humidity index out of every state. Most of Florida are swamplands and lakes.

If I'm correct Florida has the highest humidity index out of every state. Most of Florida are swamplands and lakes.

Yep lots of swamps and lakes. Where I live I have swamps behind my house and It's a very short walk to a lake.

I live in this area and wakeboard in lake eloise/legoland

BnRaKoal.jpg

Where do you live? In Florida rain doesn't bother us much as we are used to hurricanes and such. We drive full speed on the highways through rain where you can't see more than a meter ahead, you have to fight against the wind, and every time you hit a puddle it jerks your car really hard. It's fun to drive in rain.

California.  I love driving in the rain too, my family has two lifted trucks that we like to take to giant puddles and some small rivers to offroad

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

California.  I love driving in the rain too, my family has two lifted trucks that we like to take to giant puddles and some small rivers to offroad

That's awesome. I wish I had a lifted truck. I've had a Suburban then a Blazer and now a Cherokee. Never did much offroading. It's funny seeing people water skiing behind a truck in puddles on the side of the road.

I hate it when I drive in other states and it barely rains and everyone drives super slow. Never been to California though.