This $70,000 Water Cooled Beast

AlexTheGreatish

Want to render something super fast? Well EK just released a water cooled server that can do just that.

53 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Another video about money

MOCCqvY.png

its a show case build for certain sectors of tech. not ltt or such.  odd you never got that. seeing it wont be used (by the look of it ) by ltt.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

its a show case build for certain sectors of tech. not ltt or such.  odd you never got that. seeing it wont be used (by the look of it ) by ltt.

Shhhh, can't have people making judgements based on the content

After all watching a video, reading an article, etc. with clickbait titles is the devils work!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Tell EK they need to put a remove before flight flag/sticker on all the cables and junk that need to be removed before swapping.

Also see if they can send one to corridor digital for testing

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The A6000s in that machine did not have any cooling on the backside VRAM modules, despite the reference cards having thermal pads to a backplate. Was a bit worried but HWINFO at the end of the video showed the memory junction at a cool 64C under load. Very impressive.

So given how much of an impressively terrible GPU server that is, who exactly buys this ? It's very space inefficient (5U and only 7 GPUs is just bad), uses a cooling system that provides no particular benefits, and comes from a brand with 0 experience in the server space. I don't understand why somebody would buy this product instead of a Supermicro GPU box, that will only be 4U, will fit 8 GPU, cannot leak or experience pump failures, and is overall much easier to maintain. It is not as bad as the other abomination they reviewed that used consumer grade power supplies, but I still don't get it. The amount of effort that went into designing that hot-swappable watercooling system, compared to how much nobody cares about that in that market, is just baffling. 

Is it just a halo product ?

For power testing -> build youself a 3 Phase Braker box with like...2 Outlets per phase... and monitor it with a Shelly 3EM.

I've used two of these in my Datacenter at work to get monitoring data for a A&B Line for 80A 3p in a fixed install.

If you have something else... I could create a quick wireing diagram, so someone could cable a box for that.

So maybe this could be a qick idea to test efficiany between 120v & 240v - or 400v if your power provider is nice to you.

Maybe I just have a verry german view on power infra... 😅

Yes... you have gotten a psu tester for that... I know, but this would be a small box, that you could just throw on the table and go testing.

Also did I misunderstand this or does this thing not even feature NVLink ? A customer would have to wait for their custom bridge to get it ?  

That breakout board Linus is talking about do already exist for a loong time, but its only on sites like aliexpress, taobao, and the like, not forgetting you need a very very specific PSU with those breakout boards, otherwise you will blow up the PSU

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

That breakout board Linus is talking about do already exist for a loong time, but its only on sites like aliexpress, taobao, and the like, not forgetting you need a very very specific PSU with those breakout boards, otherwise you will blow up the PSU

would you happen to know  on one i can look up. i love to research it more.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 minutes ago, FAT64 said:

linux

linus shock .

Windows os!

As a software dev for Chaos (company behind V-Ray) I enjoyed them having fun with the highscore.
I may be biased but I'd love to see a video going more into rendering tech (software or hardware).

6 hours ago, FRD said:

Thought it was a gold PC from the thumbnail lol

Really outdoing that controller, eh?

Not the GOD PC, but this didn't cost $70,000 either:

image.thumb.jpeg.9c71bf27a5123deabd3a17a39d5ae038.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2979f48db495dc737bee3243a6457fba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.00d841cd832414a428aff7c500f68fe8.jpeg

Still a pretty potent piece of kit, never mind being a one-of-a-kind.

I'm surprised those quick disconnects aren't colour coded hot/cold to make it easier/idiot-proof when reconnecting them.

13 hours ago, Caroline said:

Another video about money

I've seen the complaints about the money flex in videos lately, and I do understand where people are coming from, but I think there's a case to be argued for it being appropriate for this video since it's part of the "HOLY $H!T" video series which has been about showing off things like this, and there is somewhat of a theme of how expensive the things are.

HOLY $H!T playlist

And honestly I would prefer "This $70,000 water cooled beast" title over "This cost HOW MUCH!?!"

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 hours ago, dogwitch said:

would you happen to know  on one i can look up. i love to research it more.

http://aliexpress.com/item/1005003979230612.html?

The one I was talking about [cannot find it on aliexpress anymore]

https://www.parallelminer.com/product/x15-rev-b-zsx-breakout-board-for-gpu-asic-mining-16-ports-pico-24pin-atx-fan-hubs-for-dell-epp-power-supplies/

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

69 bucks, nice.

how did i miss that?

17 hours ago, CyberneticTitan said:

The A6000s in that machine did not have any cooling on the backside VRAM modules, despite the reference cards having thermal pads to a backplate. Was a bit worried but HWINFO at the end of the video showed the memory junction at a cool 64C under load. Very impressive.

High airflow does that. I don't have any cooling on my 1080ti's vrm or memory

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

What software to filmakers use then like Pixar and Disney?

This should be the next 10 gamers, 2 CPUs!

What did 3dmark get you?

19 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

High airflow does that. I don't have any cooling on my 1080ti's vrm or memory

i have 200mm fans in my case. i can back air flow ref up on that.