Battlefield 2042 reportedly in "Abandon Ship" mode and only worked on by a skeleton crew, EA denies the allegations

AlTech
Just now, Stahlmann said:

As i said, i was talking about Bethesda Game Studio, NOT the publisher.

When i look at a game studio's past references, i look at theirs, not their publishers...

Yeah, if you look at their studio releases only then Fallout 76 was pretty much a perfect release for them. Buggy mess of a game is their signature. But they are also not known for abandoning their games, if anything they hold on to them for too long. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

Buggy mess of a game is their signature.

Yeah but this wasn't a big problem in the past, as their games were always a sandbox for modders so the community fixed their broken games. But that's not possible with 76, as it's basically an MMO.

Just now, ZetZet said:

But they are also not known for abandoning their games, if anything they hold on to them for too long. 

Agree. I always get annoyed when they release a new version of Skyrim, completely braking mod support in the process.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Of course, they releasedcit half assed and will take forever to fix and stain is there on it's name. Gotta make a new hyped one. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Finally some good news about Battlefield 2042.

The only concern for the next Battlefield I have is that they didn't learn anything and are excusing the abysmal performance of BF2042 on anything but their incompetence and lack of knowledge about the target audience.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

My thoughts

Damn, what a sh*t show. This game has frequently been in the news for all the wrong reasons and that continues with EA pretending this game will be supported when they plan to drop it a year or two from now;

EA really should take a page from Epic and Valve here and realize that people will play the same damn game for 5-15 years.

If you release a MMO, you should be expected to release updates for it F-O-R-E-V-E-R, or spin-off the development studio to another company if they(EA) no longer want to support it. Like good grief, they should know that by now, that's what they did with Ultima Online 8 years ago.

We're at a point in time now that a MMO lives or dies by how enthusiastic the players are for the new content. If you're just going to go "oopsie, we're done, buy the new game next year", you're just going to see people abandon the old game prematurely because they see the MMO ending.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

EA really should take a page from Epic and Valve here and realize that people will play the same damn game for 5-15 years.

The poster child of this within EA's battlefield franchise, BF4, seems to demonstrate that with it being an almost a 10 year old game with a decreased community size compared to launch but it still has a dedicated community who loves the game. Tho it's fair to guess that if it continued receiving new content over the years instead of EA pumping our new Battlefield releases it would probably be just as popular as it was originally.

Edit: Yes, I know BF4 got the new Battlefield Experience in 2017, which took BF4 from kinda obscure and an older looking game to much more approachable and playable, but I mean content in terms of designing some of their maps to fix flaws with them, bug fixes, potentially working on a newer engine to add DX12 support, and generally making changes within that game.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

I would not at all call any of their updates major. This game is dead and needs to fade into the same fate as Anthem and Titanfall

Titanfall/2 is a great game and doesn't deserve to be in this conversation. 

7 hours ago, Rauten said:

Doesn't TitanFall still have a small, but dedicated fan/playerbase? Don't play it myself, but that is (was?) my perception of it.

Titanfall 2 has 3700 people playing on Steam right now, actually, and it's 30-day average is higher than 2042's.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Maybe Apple will revive it when they buy EA.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I just want a God damn battlefield that plays like a battlefield game. Not this wierd bastard child mix of fortnite, call of duty, apex, and the vehicle combat from battlefield.  

Give me some BF2/3/4, BC2, or 2142.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 hour ago, trag1c said:

I just want a God damn battlefield that plays like a battlefield game. Not this wierd bastard child mix of fortnite, call of duty, apex, and the vehicle combat from battlefield.  

Give me some BF2/3/4, BC2, or 2142.

Most fans prefer those over the newer stuff.

I mainly play Battlefield 3 which i think is the best in the series.

EA started going haywire ever since Andrew Wilson became CEO in 2013.

In 2013 Battlefield 4 was released so Wilson wasn't CEO when the game was developed.

Wilson has imposed a lot of mandates and censorship that significantly stifled creativity which significantly reduced the quality of their games.

Electing someone who only has experience with sports games as CEO was EA's biggest mistake.

The company is now in shambles and are looking for someone to buy them.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

14 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Maybe Apple will revive it when they buy EA.

They will stop making games for PC and only release them for Apple's platforms - just like how consoles do with each other...

On 6/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Edit: Yes, I know BF4 got the new Battlefield Experience in 2017, which took BF4 from kinda obscure and an older looking game to much more approachable and playable, but I mean content in terms of designing some of their maps to fix flaws with them, bug fixes, potentially working on a newer engine to add DX12 support, and generally making changes within that game.

We need to be careful with our wishes,because if they update the game and mess it up really bad then Battlefield 4 will be ruined.

I don't want to get a Battlefield 4 Reforged...

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

The gaming community should celebrate together, to commemorate an accomplishment not yet seen before. For the first time ever, we demonstrated that we WON'T spend our money on a shitty product, even with a major flagship game like Battlefield. The gaming community is great at bitching about rushed, broken, cash grab releases, yet they still throw their money at these games (Madden, anyone?). EA has finally hit the limit on what we will tolerate.

I've been a Battlefield fan since BC2 and have seen some really rocky releases in that time. Even staples of the series, like BF4, underwent MAJOR criticism for being a disaster at release, though most of this is forgotten after the game has run its course. But after the mess that was BF5, people (myself included) were reluctant to even touch BF2042. After playing the beta I had complete confidence that I wouldn't even look at this game when it releases, and I'm glad I didn't. I won't touch the next one either. Lets hope MW2 appeals to us Battlefield fans.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

29 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Electing someone who only has experience with sports games as CEO was EA's biggest mistake.

The company is now in shambles and are looking for someone to buy them.

To play devil's advocate... sports games were EA's bread and butter even back during his hiring. Think FIFA, Madden NFL, and even NHL games.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 6/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, Kisai said:

EA knows this perfectly well, they release FIFA after all lmao

Jokes aside, even if a dev fixes a game it's not guaranteed it will bounce back after bad first impression; Cyberpunk 2077 for instance is pretty much fixed but fewer people play it than the Witcher III.

16 minutes ago, Ydfhlx said:

EA knows this perfectly well, they release FIFA after all lmao

Jokes aside, even if a dev fixes a game it's not guaranteed it will bounce back after bad first impression; Cyberpunk 2077 for instance is pretty much fixed but fewer people play it than the Witcher III.

True, most of the time.

FFXIV, pretty much the best all-around MMO now. WoW? Who plays WoW? Anyone know what the story to WoW is? /s

What I feel is that EA doesn't value it's IP, and will let it's own IP and licenses burn to make money. EA getting acquired by Apple is as good as Activision being acquired by Microsoft, both EA and Activision have basically turned into companies that sit on IP and produce just two games anyone cares about.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:34 AM, AluminiumTech said:

EA pretending this game will be supported when they plan to drop it a year or two from now

I don't know about how poorly this installment panned out, but this weird assumption that a BF game should/would be supported for years and years is really misguided and silly.

Battlefield games have ALWAYS been a 1-2 year product, they never promise to be anything else. Supporting a Battlefield game with significant updates for say, 5+ years would be an enormous departure from their current business model.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Honestly I never thought it would get this bad. I never thought Battlefield could get as bad as CoD MW3, BO3 & 4, AW, Ghosts and some of the others. And yet they somehow managed it. Even CoD was able to finally release a few good ones in recent years and the upcoming MW2 will likely be another good shooter.

EA really needs a major overhaul. They somehow managed to run everything they ever had into the ground:
Need for Speed
Battlefield
Fifa
Sims
Simcity
Medal of Honor

How? How do you even do that? Not even Ubisoft was able to get that done. And the worst part about it is, that no other company has it as easy as EA to make money. All they need is to get back to Battlefield 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted and some of the earlier MoH, Sims and Simcity titles and continue where they left off... It's insane how f*cking retarded this company is. Couldn't have Elon Musk tried to buy these idiots instead of Twitter? Even that moron would've been able to get more done with that dumbster fire of a company than the idiots that are currently in charge...

This is exactly why I've been turned off from the modern triple AAA games industry. Greed has truly ruined that sector of the industry, I just don't enjoy gaming like I used to. It's partly because I'm getting older but I see how the quality of these big studio games have just nosedived in the last 6-8 years.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:54 AM, BetteBalterZen said:

IMO, they should just refund everyone and pull the plug

Refunding anyone is dead last in the list of things they want to do here. You'd have to legislate this for it to happen. From EA's perspective they could just pull the plug tomorrow, they aren't actually legally required to release any more content for the game or keep it running. Maybe if this happens often enough people will wisen up to the scam that live service games have always been but I have my doubts.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

These greedy AAA companies are known for consistently making the most short-term decisions possible and halfheartedly putting out fires rather than preventing them from happening in the first place.

I have no doubt in my mind that these allegations are 100% true and that there are like 3 B-team dudes doing the bare minimum work on the game at this point.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

21 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

This is exactly why I've been turned off from the modern triple AAA games industry. Greed has truly ruined that sector of the industry, I just don't enjoy gaming like I used to. It's partly because I'm getting older but I see how the quality of these big studio games have just nosedived in the last 6-8 years.

There are only 4 studios that i trust that every game they release will be a banger:

Atlus

Kojima Productions

Remedy Entertainment

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio

18 hours ago, Vishera said:

There are only 4 studios that i trust that every game they release will be a banger:

Atlus

Kojima Productions

Remedy Entertainment

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio

Until they don't. Everyone thought CDPR was one of these. Don't blindly buy everything these studios release.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Until they don't. Everyone thought CDPR was one of these. Don't blindly buy everything these studios release.

It's not the same - Due the success of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt CDPR from an indie studio became the largest game development company in Europe.

And that success got to their head.

But those i mentioned had their first AAA success decades ago,yet they have being releasing a banger after banger for decades.

10 hours ago, leadeater said:

So Battlefield 2042 died before I could even play it? Well that's lame.

Don't worry about it. At least you know you didn't miss a good game.