LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
16 hours ago, Livin said:

Based on the e-mail screenshot you sent, you got a Titan Stealth in 2018.  Is that what you actually purchased?  If so, your chair only had a 2 year warranty.  That's consistent with this Techpowerup article from late 2017: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/secretlab-titan/.

Would I expect a premium chair to last longer than 5 years?  Yes.  If the information in your screenshot is accurate though, this isn't a warranty issue (it's even beyond the 5 year warranty period if yours was a "2020" model somehow bought in June of 2018).  Piecemeal replacement parts are always going to be expensive compared to a full package price (try building a car out of the parts catalog vs price tag on the lot), so yeah, it's not cheap.  As a (potentially 3 year) outside of warranty option I don't know how much more I would expect beyond the free shipping.

Not trying to stir the pot, just going off what I'm seeing in the screenshot.

I assume you didnt read my post as the very first sentence explains the situation. I sent them an email when it WAS in warranty and they neglected to reply or acknowledge it. My email provider has confirmed it was sent to the address with no issues. 

2 hours ago, Haredeenee said:

I assume you didnt read my post as the very first sentence explains the situation. I sent them an email when it WAS in warranty and they neglected to reply or acknowledge it. My email provider has confirmed it was sent to the address with no issues. 

Just because it was sent, doesn't necessarily mean their server actually received it for a number of reasons. I'm not looking to get more involved in this conversation than that, but your ISP cannot possibly tell you what their mail server did with the message. It could've been flagged by A/V mistakenly, accidentally deleted, dropped from a bad DMARC or SPF, etc. It sucks in all ways, but there's not much that can be done to prove they got the e-mail unless they responded to it back then. I wish you luck in your endeavor. 

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

8 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Just because it was sent, doesn't necessarily mean their server actually received it for a number of reasons. I'm not looking to get more involved in this conversation than that, but your ISP cannot possibly tell you what their mail server did with the message. It could've been flagged by A/V mistakenly, accidentally deleted, dropped from a bad DMARC or SPF, etc. It sucks in all ways, but there's not much that can be done to prove they got the e-mail unless they responded to it back then. I wish you luck in your endeavor. 

Wasn't my ISP, it was microsoft. I have no doubt that there could have been an issue on their side, but thats it, on my side everything was fine and has been confirmed as such. They still refuse to even acknowledge I sent it, even with screenshot proof of it in my sent folder with timestamp. 

I got another Email from Asus today; they indeed emailed me back within 24-48 hours like they said they would in the email they sent me on Sunday the 17th. However, this new email did not address any of my issues in the email that I emailed them about in the response to the email I sent back to them on the 17. This new email was, for the most part, a copy and paste of the email I received on the 17th, including stating that they would email me again in 24-48 hours. The only difference is that this one is from another person named Deejay L. They thanked me for being patient... I am not being patient anymore, and I have not been since dealing with this nightmare. I also still have not been contacted but a manager either; it's only been over a week now since they said someone would contact me.  LTT please DROP ASUS. They do not care about their customers at all. this has been made completely blatant now to me and everyone else who has commented on my posts along with posting their own horror stories.   

Well, Asus is sending me a GPU. I am being vague because I have no idea what has happened or if I'm getting a new card. What is very apparent is next to getting copy and paste emails from different people, but word for word, the same email. They refused to answer my questions, acknowledge that I have concerns, talk about or message me about a shipping refund, and have a supervisor reach out to me like I was informed would happen. Apologize in any meaningful way or talk about what can be done better. I am speechless; I really am. It sickens me that they feel that this is an appropriate way to deal with their customers—especially those who have had repeated issues with the same product. And how they give out false information about their products and what's going on. 

LMG/LTT is this truly a company that you guys want to be aligned with? Is this truly the way that you want your fans and customers to be treated by a company that you support and a company that you chose to take sponsorships from? And if so, is this how customers of your products should expect to be treated if they have to contact your customer support? 

57 minutes ago, Sitta said:

Well, Asus is sending me a GPU. I am being vague because I have no idea what has happened or if I'm getting a new card. What is very apparent is next to getting copy and paste emails from different people, but word for word, the same email. They refused to answer my questions, acknowledge that I have concerns, talk about or message me about a shipping refund, and have a supervisor reach out to me like I was informed would happen. Apologize in any meaningful way or talk about what can be done better. I am speechless; I really am. It sickens me that they feel that this is an appropriate way to deal with their customers—especially those who have had repeated issues with the same product. And how they give out false information about their products and what's going on. 

LMG/LTT is this truly a company that you guys want to be aligned with? Is this truly the way that you want your fans and customers to be treated by a company that you support and a company that you chose to take sponsorships from? And if so, is this how customers of your products should expect to be treated if they have to contact your customer support? 

Definitely don't watch the latest video, ASUS sponsored it and Linus promotes their products throughout the whole thing lol.

Recommending ASUS products is just sending people to be destroyed by their customer support. 

49 minutes ago, jubjub said:

Definitely don't watch the latest video, ASUS sponsored it and Linus promotes their products throughout the whole thing lol.

Recommending ASUS products is just sending people to be destroyed by their customer support. 

Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that.

I finally got an email from Asus where someone did not just copy and paste something into an email and where it looks like they read my email for once. That being said, the long and short email was: No, we did not care what you had to say or about your concerns. So shove it and be happy with the scraps you get. 

LMG/LTT, I plead with you again to drop Asus; it's not up to you to fix their broken company. And just like you said, our hard-earned cash and where we spend it change the industry. And you are correct; I will never buy something from Asus again. And although that's all I can do to try and encourage change. You guys, on the other hand, can also help promote change by ending your sponsorship with them. Losing a single customer won't do much to them, but losing the biggest tech-influencing channel as a partner will. Or if you can do anything to help me, please do. As a fellow BC person, I know you are better than this. Well, I hope you are, at least. 

Asus ROG refusing RMA in Warranty period 

Asus ROG is refusing to fix a simple motherboard issue with a damaged resistor on the backside of the vrms for "user damaged part" and they said that it would not be fixable in any means. Not even giving a replacement motherboard for it. Or any more details about what they have found.

With the code CID06 broken pcb

RE: Build Redux

I bought a computer from Build Redux (ORDER #37978), and the graphics card went bad after a day. In trying to solve the problem, I realized the motherboard clip that the card was in was also broken. After running through some basic troubleshooting, I decided I'd rather just return the faulty computer, which they were fine with. However, they only gave me a partial refund, keeping back the 15% restocking fee, despite the fact that they sent a faulty computer.

I have reached out twice now about the refund and have received radio silence in return. The first email was sent 9/12/23, and the second email was sent on 9/19/23. I hope you can help me get in touch with them and get this resovled.

Sincerely,

Dell

58 minutes ago, DellS said:

RE: Build Redux

I bought a computer from Build Redux (ORDER #37978), and the graphics card went bad after a day. In trying to solve the problem, I realized the motherboard clip that the card was in was also broken. After running through some basic troubleshooting, I decided I'd rather just return the faulty computer, which they were fine with. However, they only gave me a partial refund, keeping back the 15% restocking fee, despite the fact that they sent a faulty computer.

I have reached out twice now about the refund and have received radio silence in return. The first email was sent 9/12/23, and the second email was sent on 9/19/23. I hope you can help me get in touch with them and get this resovled.

Sincerely,

Dell

Hi Dell! 

My name is Stellar and I am with the Customer Experience team here at Build Redux. I've reviewed your case, and wow I'm disappointed with the outcome. Going to send you a private message so we can discuss this further. 

Best,

Stellar

6 minutes ago, stellar_cxex said:

Hi Dell! 

My name is Stellar and I am with the Customer Experience team here at Build Redux. I've reviewed your case, and wow I'm disappointed with the outcome. Going to send you a private message so we can discuss this further. 

Best,

Stellar

With all due respect, I hope you're informing management of the recent complaints as well. Something needs to be changed over there because just imagine how many others have had to deal with similar issues but don't know about this outlet here to get help.

Build Redux is off my list of potential companies to buy from at this point.

4 hours ago, ghostdev said:

Asus ROG refusing RMA in Warranty period 

Asus ROG is refusing to fix a simple motherboard issue with a damaged resistor on the backside of the vrms for "user damaged part" and they said that it would not be fixable in any means. Not even giving a replacement motherboard for it. Or any more details about what they have found.

With the code CID06 broken pcb

Hey, man, I am sorry to see that you are also dealing with Asus right now. I am, too, with a broken GPU. You would think buying a product that falls under their Strix/ ROG line would be higher build quality since they charge a premium for said product line since they are supposed to be High-end and ultra-durable products. However, this is far from the truth. I have already had to RMA my first 3080Strix GPU ones. I was told that I was going to be getting a brand-new GPU. However, I did not find out till having to RMA said GPU again that I did NOT get a new GPU but instead got a previously broken GPU that someone else had sent. However, it was apparently fixed, and I was told it was brand new... However, why would Asus even care about me? They got my money already, so why does it matter if they lie to me? At the same time, I got my 3080 Strix; my good friend also got the same GPU but in white, so it cost even more because of the Color... His GPU also had an issue; however, unline my OG card where the fans stopped working, one of his display ports stopped working, and he just changed what port he was using since he did not want to deal with an RMA. He was also a student, so he could not afford to buy a new GPU or not be able to use his computer... We have also had issues with our Strix series Mobo. I have an X570 Strix, and he has a B550 Strix. I'm just having RGB connection issues, so it's not the end of the world. Whereas for him, the bios flashback button just flat out was non-existent. it was the butter; however, nothing behind said button would take the input. So, instead, when we pressed the button to update his bios, it shot back into the housing of the IO cover, never to be seen again. 

I don't know if you also had to deal with them for shipping, But I was forced to use the most expensive shipping company and get the most expensive shipping option, i.e. FedEx and their overnight 1-day shipping with tracking. So now I have had to pay them 80 twice. And with any luck, a 3rd time since apparently they are sending me another broken GPU that someone else sent in. They are also sending it to me Via FedEx's cheapest shipping option, which will take over a week to get to me. 

All in all, I have learned that Asus does not care about its customers. All they care about is the money that they spend on their products. 

What I would recommend is never to buy anything form Asus again or recommend their products. I would also recommend skipping any LLT/LMG video with an Asus sponsorship. If you click on a video, pause it immediately, check the description and see who the sponsorship is with. If its with Asus, close the video down and look else where for that information. This, at least, is what I'll be doing from now on. 

1 hour ago, stellar_cxex said:

Hi Dell! 

Best,

Stellar

I wish Asus had customer experience team members like you. 

17 hours ago, Sitta said:

I finally got an email from Asus where someone did not just copy and paste something into an email and where it looks like they read my email for once. That being said, the long and short email was: No, we did not care what you had to say or about your concerns. So shove it and be happy with the scraps you get. 

LMG/LTT, I plead with you again to drop Asus; it's not up to you to fix their broken company. And just like you said, our hard-earned cash and where we spend it change the industry. And you are correct; I will never buy something from Asus again. And although that's all I can do to try and encourage change. You guys, on the other hand, can also help promote change by ending your sponsorship with them. Losing a single customer won't do much to them, but losing the biggest tech-influencing channel as a partner will. Or if you can do anything to help me, please do. As a fellow BC person, I know you are better than this. Well, I hope you are, at least. 

Stop asking LTT to drop ASUS.

ASUS gave hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorships to LTT. They are the primary company that gives LTT sponsorship deals.

ASUS was the prime sponsor of LTX, with a booth costing millions of dollars in their convention. If ASUS was dropped, they would have to lay of people from LTT to make up for the massive lost of cashflow that ASUS gives them

9 minutes ago, randy123 said:

Stop asking LTT to drop ASUS.

ASUS gave hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorships to LTT. They are the primary company that gives LTT sponsorship deals.

ASUS was the prime sponsor of LTX, with a booth costing millions of dollars in their convention. If ASUS was dropped, they would have to lay of people from LTT to make up for the massive lost of cashflow that ASUS gives them

I highly doubt Asus actually gives LMG a substantial amount of their revenue lol. Even a million dollars a year doesn't even come close to covering their salaries alone. LMG isn't a small company anymore and you need to stop acting like they are.

If they can't handle the loss of revenue from dropping Asus they should never have expanded that much in the first place and you should not feel sorry for them having to downsize. They had a valuation of $100m and have over 100 employees. LMG isn't some scrappy little startup run out of a garage anymore and hasn't been for a long time. I highly doubt the revenue from Asus is even that crucial anyway. Even just running basic numbers on the backpack and screwdrivers shows they have enough cashflow to deal with a lot of issues short term. This isn't a company on the verge of bankruptcy at all. Not to mention their real estate that can be leveraged for loans which isn't ideal but can keep things running for quite a while. Yvonne has built the company into an incredibly strong financial state and the company isn't going away anytime soon.

Even just looking at it from a pure business point of view losing community trust alone is worth tens of millions. Not millions, tens of millions. Their sponsor spots are only valuable because the community trusts that the recommendations given are for products that are relevant and quality. The second the community stops trusting in that the spots start losing value quickly and not even dbrand will be willing to pay their current rates anymore. Although I have a suspicion that dbrand mostly picks up auctioned sponsor spots anyway lol.

15 minutes ago, jubjub said:

I highly doubt Asus actually gives LMG a substantial amount of their revenue lol. 

The federal facts already prove they do. They were the primary sponsor of LTX with millions of dollars in equipment distributed to them.

How do you think LTT gets money? Revenue from youtube views? Hell no, thats a fraction.

You get money from major sponsorship deals with big brands advertising their product. ASUS is the primary large company that does that to LTT

It's proven 

4 minutes ago, randy123 said:

The federal facts already prove they do.

I tend to try to stay out of posting in this thread. However;

2 hours ago, randy123 said:

ASUS gave hundreds of thousands of dollars in sponsorships to LTT

2 hours ago, randy123 said:

ASUS was the prime sponsor of LTX, with a booth costing millions of dollars in their convention.

Which is it?

5 minutes ago, randy123 said:

LTX with millions of dollars in equipment distributed to them.

Source?

I get what you're trying to say, but you're all over the place and that's not going to help you prove your case at all.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

I tend to try to stay out of posting in this thread. However;

Which is it?

Source?

I get what you're trying to say, but you're all over the place and that's not going to help you prove your case at all.

ltx's website literally had them as the primary sponser of ltx

If you were at LTX you would know

Its proven already, i dont know why you are denying reality 

Just now, randy123 said:

ltx's website literally had them as the primary sponser of ltx

That's not what I was doubting. You go from saying they've sponsored hundreds of thousands of dollars, to their booth alone cost millions. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, randy123 said:

The federal facts already prove they do. They were the primary sponsor of LTX with millions of dollars in equipment distributed to them.

How do you think LTT gets money? Revenue from youtube views? Hell no, thats a fraction.

You get money from major sponsorship deals with big brands advertising their product. ASUS is the primary large company that does that to LTT

It's proven 

The exact numbers aren't public but based off of the info we have been given you're just flat out wrong.

If you look at the pie chart adsense is over a quarter of their revenue basically equal with in video sponsor spots. Saying that youtube views are a fraction of their revenue is just complete bullshit you've made up. Even with the 2021 pie chart (that seems to be now deleted so I won't post it out of respect) it's still 18% of their revenue mostly because merch went way up not because sponsors drastically increased (merch also has much higher overhead that scales with the revenue). The ratio between in video spots and adsense is roughly 1:1 weighted in the sponsor spots favour. What you're calling a fraction is multiple times larger than anything Asus give them.

I'm not going to waste anymore time debunking the rest of what you are saying because I'd need to use info that I don't want to post on the forum out of respect. But based on how confident your easily verifiable and false assertion of adsense is I think other people can make a fair inference around the validity of the rest of your claims.

1 hour ago, jubjub said:

The exact numbers aren't public but based off of the info we have been given you're just flat out wrong.

If you look at the pie chart adsense is over a quarter of their revenue basically equal with in video sponsor spots. Saying that youtube views are a fraction of their revenue is just complete bullshit you've made up. Even with the 2021 pie chart (that seems to be now deleted so I won't post it out of respect) it's still 18% of their revenue mostly because merch went way up not because sponsors drastically increased (merch also has much higher overhead that scales with the revenue). The ratio between in video spots and adsense is roughly 1:1 weighted in the sponsor spots favour. What you're calling a fraction is multiple times larger than anything Asus give them.

I'm not going to waste anymore time debunking the rest of what you are saying because I'd need to use info that I don't want to post on the forum out of respect. But based on how confident your easily verifiable and false assertion of adsense is I think other people can make a fair inference around the validity of the rest of your claims.

3 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

That's not what I was doubting. You go from saying they've sponsored hundreds of thousands of dollars, to their booth alone cost millions. 

its already proven ASUS gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to LTT, it is a big chunk of their revenue. Look at the 2023 LTX page, ASUS is a primary sponsor. They had a giant booth that costed them millions of dollars to install at LTX. 

How do you think LTT gets money? Its sponsors from big brands like ASUS

Why would they throw them away when they give them so much money? They would have to lay people off to make up for the lost money given to them by ASUS

its already proven

15 minutes ago, randy123 said:

its already proven ASUS gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to LTT, it is a big chunk of their revenue. Look at the 2023 LTX page, ASUS is a primary sponsor. They had a giant booth that costed them millions of dollars to install at LTX. 

How do you think LTT gets money? Its sponsors from big brands like ASUS

Why would they throw them away when they give them so much money? They would have to lay people off to make up for the lost money given to them by ASUS

its already proven

You’re completely missing what I’m saying. 
You say hundreds of thousands. Then 2 sentences later the booth cost millions. Paying for a booth at an event is a form of sponsorship. 
Which is it? 
If it’s already proven, show me where it’s proven. 

Im not denying anything. You’re the one making wild claims and refusing to give proof. If me calling you out on that is denying then there’s a problem with social habits. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 9/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, Boomyman said:

The crux of the matter is that I have already paid, and as of yet do not have access to the software that I have paid for. Furthermore, the subscription is for a year, so will they be compensating me for the missed days due to not having access to the platform? Their response time is not nearly timely enough, and if access is not granted soon I may just have to take this issue up with my credit card company. 

The whole software as a service system really just seems like a racket to make loads of money and provide a subpar experience to the user. 

This may violate consumer protection laws in some jurisdictions, and may be eligible for a credit card chargeback depending on your cardholder agreement. Not saying you need to take action, but they're effectively running a fraudulent bait and switch scam if they don't deliver what you've paid for.

On 9/18/2023 at 4:16 PM, Haredeenee said:

Secretlab continues to refuse to even acknowledge the email I sent to them well within my product's warranty period and has now told me for only ~$500 CAD (I initially bought the chair for less than that!) I can get almost everything fixed. I've told them it's unacceptable as per the warranty they're quoting they should replace the parts and send them to me for free.  

secret lab bill.png

When I worked at a retail office supply / furniture store 10 years ago, the customer cost for ANY replacement hydraulic gas lift cylinder was $19 CAD, and that included the plastic sleeve cover. Warranty or not, at $59 USD for a hydraulic cylinder (even after inflation) you're getting fleeced.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

The AG1 ad on WAN show caught me off guard.  Not you too!  I hope AG1 paid out the nose for that segment. Linus said a while back that there wouldn't be ads for supplements, but I guess that ban is lifted now?  Lets just ignore that there are reports of AG1 containing lead, reports of people having severe side effects, and pretty much no scientific evidence to back up any of the efficacy claims.  I remember when Linus threw a fit over Vessi wanting LTT to call their shoes waterproof, but now he's willing to just shill for some scam supplement company when there's a whole host of studies saying there's no evidence into the efficacy of products like AG1?  I really really hope this was just something that slipped through the cracks.