LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
1 hour ago, Erioch said:

He reads more like a bot.

Seriously. Said person might just be "doing their job", but it's hard to sift through the PR BS. I mean, really, was this line

At ASUS the user experience is paramount and integral to the DNA of our brand, we strive for quality, user satisfaction, and convenience in the support we offer.

really necessary? Can we at least TRY to talk like a normal human?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

40 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Seriously. Said person might just be "doing their job", but it's hard to sift through the PR BS. I mean, really, was this line

really necessary? Can we at least TRY to talk like a normal human?

Internally, we regularly review the processes that our customers will engage with. We stand behind what we do, and if our service does not meet your expectations we'll do our best to correct any inconvenience in a reasonable manner. We appreciate your feedback and should help ensure the highest quality of experience being provided.

4 hours ago, Asus_NAsupport said:

If general support is unhelpful you can message us or you can escalate your case following the link https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/787/. ASUS reviews all multi-RMA cases for opportunities to improve our repair operations to deliver the best possible user experience. In an event inconvenience occurs with repair, we will try our best to provide a satisfactory solution to those who may have been inconvenienced. 

Thanks for the link, I had already reached out to the "CEO's Office" but the response I got back was essentially the exact same as the one I received by the low level techs on the phone. The only difference is that it took 24+ hours. So far the only ASUS communication I have found helpful was from a Redditor who works for ASUS that I had to reach out to and find on my own. Additionally the @ASUSUSA twitter account has been surprisingly helpful and offered to ship it out and repair it for free.

It has just been super inconvenient to try and get this fixed. I can't believe it might finally be over with, although it will leave me without my laptop for an extended period of time at the beginning of a school semester. I'm still not even sure it will be fixed this time, since last time I sent it in for repairs it was essentially waved off and ended up wasting a ton of my time and led to way more problems later. It's crazy that spending $1500+ on a laptop is such a gamble. If it's great it's great, but if you get unlucky and it's defective you have to end up spending even more money and loads of time in the long run for a problem that isn't your fault and shouldn't have been there in the first place.

ASUS

There is some very confusing marketing for the ROG Z13 (2022) in Germany. The product page says the Z13 has a Thunderbolt 4 port, but this port doesn't support power delivery. The is a small foot note about this in the animated product page, where you easily miss it. Also the Thunderbolt 4 specs requires it to support power delivery. There is no mention of this in the packaging as well and because the other charging port is covered by a rubber gromet I needed to contact the support to find out how to turn it on/charge it.

I don't know if this also affects the Z13 (2023) Version, but there is the same foot note on the product page.

9 hours ago, Dracsos said:

Thunderbolt 4 specs requires it to support power delivery.

Nope. ThunderBolt requires ONE of the ThunderBolt ports on a laptop to have PD, not all of them.

Your issue with more with the ThunderBolt spec than it is with Asus.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

I've been thinking for a long while now about whether to post or not, but I've been seeing an increase in NZXT products being used, so here's my experience.

In 2021, I bought a prebuilt due to having AMD graphical driver issues. Effectively the only way to do so was to buy a pre-built computer. NZXT had one, and computer arrived in June of 2021.

In November 2021, I started noticing issues with the computer. They continued to get progressively worse, when I looked at the CPU clock speeds and temperatures, the clocks on my 5800x were sub 1 ghz, the CPU was boiling, and the radiator was cold to the touch. I reached out to NZXT support providing all the information I had, and also noting the steps of their walkthroughs of a failing cooler that I had already completed.

NZXT did not respond for over a week, leaving me with no stable home machine. Bypassing their support ticket system, I tried their online chat support during my lunch break. The support agent did not look up the provided case number where I provided symptoms and diagnostics, and asked me to boot a computer with a non-functional cooler in order to blame uninstalling the CAM software on their cooler not receiving power. Once I "proved" the cooler was dead, I was asked to pay full price up front for a replacement part, to be refunded later.

It took a week for the part to arrive, and before I could even get the part, I was sent a return shipping label for the existing cooler. To add insult to injury, it was nearly a month before the original support ticket was even acknowledged by a human.

After going through this as an RMA process for a 6 month old cooler, the second new pump also failed by the end of 2022. Instead of RMA'ing again, I bought a Noctua cooler at my own cost.

-= Topic Cleaned =-

Please remember to post on topic and to be respectful when doing so.

LMG wants your input, but comments/replies are always expected to fall within the Community Standards.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Damn Asus really couldn't even just say yes to helping the people in this thread when the alternative is losing their last big YouTube partner. I fully expected them to just bend over backwards pretending to have good support to at least keep LMG but they can't even pretend to not be a horrible company when many millions of dollars worth of advertising and brand reputation are on the line. It would have cost them at most like $10k to go through everyone in this thread that had an issue with Asus and just refund them or send a new product but instead they'd rather lose millions and tank their brand. LMG actually gave them a final chance layup with a second chance added on top and they still couldn't complete it. At least they've committed to their patrick star persona.

I'll be rooting for Asus's downfall. For a lot of people Asus could fall off the face of the planet tomorrow and their support quality would improve as there's no one to reply with a worse than nothing response. Good bye Asus sponsorships at least for a very long time as there's no chance Asus improves this decade. Maybe by 2035 they'll have learnt the basic maths needed to not tank their brand over nothing. 

On 1/4/2024 at 8:53 PM, Asus_NAsupport said:

We stand behind what we do, and if our service does not meet your expectations we'll do our best to correct any inconvenience in a reasonable manner.

Is it too much to ask to be able to disable a crosshair overlay or FPS counter on a once $1500 display without a factory reset?

If Asus would stand behind it it's product there would have been a firmware update addressing this oversight but yet nothing happened after contacting support (there are more firmware bugs). Overall it feels like support the support is there for RMAs and unable to address any technical support/bug reports.

On 1/4/2024 at 8:53 PM, Asus_NAsupport said:

should help ensure the highest quality of experience being provided.

TL;DR The issue with Asus as a whole is that you guys deliver great, durable hardware designs (excluding firmware & software) and some novel product ideas but completely screw up the technical support leaving the customer out in the cold.

By and large, once scorched earth has been created, it's hard to come back.

I don't buy or consider Asus products myself anymore (for a while I still bought them used [why buy new if there's no support anyway?] when they were heavily discounted compared to other brands, but due to firmware bugs I don't even consider that a good deal anymore), so I probably wouldn't notice if something is about to change.

People never go out of business.

2 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

TL;DR The issue with Asus as a whole is that you guys deliver great, durable hardware designs (excluding firmware & software) and some novel product ideas but completely screw up the technical support leaving the customer out in the cold.

Their motherboard designs are awful now and their GPU's are no longer over spec'd or even at spec because they try and cut corners to meet MSRP. The latter is partially on nvidia for how unrealistic msrp is but if you're going to sell gpu's with under spec'd components you should at least have the support required to resolve any issues.

If you want quality hardware Asus hasn't been it for a few years now. They're at the level asrock used to be at 10 years ago but with even worse support. Funnily enough asrock now are the ones making quality hardware with kinda bad support and they still charge less than everyone else despite higher quality than most competitors. Asus made the biggest dive in quality I've seen of any company in the PC space. Their hardware used to be the second best option you could buy or sometimes the best only being beaten out by EVGA and now I'd rather buy a random Chinese brand I've never heard of than buy an Asus product.

Even if Asus had amazing support I'd avoid most of their GPU's and motherboards now but you combine their product quality with their support and they have nothing good to show for themselves in the PC space outside of a few specific monitors and laptops. Their brand name recognition is the only thing carrying them along and they're actively harming that.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:06 PM, Skipple said:

Nope. ThunderBolt requires ONE of the ThunderBolt ports on a laptop to have PD, not all of them.

Your issue with more with the ThunderBolt spec than it is with Asus.

Yes, exactly. The laptop has only one Thunderbolt port and that port doesn't support PD in Germany. So I wasn't wrong about the spec in that sense.

Also this doesn't change the fact, that it is not easily discernible when looking at the product page. You wouldn't expect that a port hidden in the XG-mobile interface is the only charging port, while the easily accesible port isn't. It doesn't help that all of the instructions inside the packaging also say that the Thunderbolt port should be used for charging while it isn't able to.

And if I read Thunderbolt and look at the laptop, I wouldn't guess it either. And I wasn't alone at that, multiple german reviewers also where confused about it. 

On 1/5/2024 at 4:02 PM, LMGcommunity said:

Highly recommend reading this week's Sponsor Concerns Update, there's an important ASUS update.

Holy cr*p, I'm actually surprised LTT stopped bending the knee for big corpo $$$.

I might just buy something from your merch shop now. ASUS and Secretlabs dropped?

Props on LTT. I never applaud companies let alone youtubers but this is actually very good for you guys to do. 

On 1/5/2024 at 5:02 PM, LMGcommunity said:

Highly recommend reading this week's Sponsor Concerns Update, there's an important ASUS update.

Hi, I see that you guys said that you wouldn’t be working with Secret Lab for now (at least until they clean up their act); does that extend to forum ads? Ironically, I got an ad for Secret Lab right underneath that topic

IMG_2493.jpeg

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

21 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Hi, I see that you guys said that you wouldn’t be working with Secret Lab for now (at least until they clean up their act); does that extend to forum ads? Ironically, I got an ad for Secret Lab right underneath that topic

IMG_2493.jpeg

What are forum ads?

Not so much a complaint, but an observation. I just tried out Guard.io from being recommended in a recent video and noticed that it considers lttstore.com to be a "harmful website". Not sure what metrics it uses, but that's a thing. It is harmful to my wallet for sure....

image.thumb.png.bb26dcbaecce2f6ca0a7b17671a6b9fe.png

Desktop: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 2400MHz | GTX 1070 EVGA FTW | 256GB NVMe + 1TB SSD

Primary Server: i9-9900K @ 5GHz | 128GB DDR4 2666MHz | GT 750 Ti | 1TB NVMe + 80TB HDD

Secondary Server: Xeon X5675 @ 3.1GHz | 96GB DDR3 1366MHz ECC | Quadro 2000 | 1TB SSD + 16TB HDD

Backup server (old desktop): i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | GTX 660 MSI TF2 | 2TB SSD

4 hours ago, randy123 said:

Holy cr*p, I'm actually surprised LTT stopped bending the knee for big corpo $$$.

I might just buy something from your merch shop now. ASUS and Secretlabs dropped?

Props on LTT. I never applaud companies let alone youtubers but this is actually very good for you guys to do. 

They kind of do that a lot, it's one of the main reasons the audience trusts their sponsors. They dropped the 6-figure Anker contract on a dime with the Eufy scandals. 

Desktop: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 2400MHz | GTX 1070 EVGA FTW | 256GB NVMe + 1TB SSD

Primary Server: i9-9900K @ 5GHz | 128GB DDR4 2666MHz | GT 750 Ti | 1TB NVMe + 80TB HDD

Secondary Server: Xeon X5675 @ 3.1GHz | 96GB DDR3 1366MHz ECC | Quadro 2000 | 1TB SSD + 16TB HDD

Backup server (old desktop): i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | GTX 660 MSI TF2 | 2TB SSD

On 1/6/2024 at 5:22 PM, jubjub said:

It would have cost them at most like $10k to go through everyone in this thread that had an issue with Asus and just refund them or send a new product but instead they'd rather lose millions and tank their brand.

Even if they had fixed the problems of the forum users, they likely would still have dropped them as a sponsor. It's about making sure that ALL problems get fixed, not just the ones that are mentioned on this forum. And it appears that Asus is unwilling to facilitate the changes necessary to make that happen.

21 hours ago, sazrocks said:

Thanks for spotting that, it has been removed out of the ad rotation.

6 hours ago, Paddo said:

Even if they had fixed the problems of the forum users, they likely would still have dropped them as a sponsor. It's about making sure that ALL problems get fixed, not just the ones that are mentioned on this forum. And it appears that Asus is unwilling to facilitate the changes necessary to make that happen.

If they had fixed the problems of the people here LMG likely would have given them more time to sort out the rest of the issues under the assumption that if they could change things here they might be able to change things as a whole. Obviously Asus can't even get it right here so it's a non starter and LMG had enough (many months/years after the rest of us had enough of Asus's shit).