Adflix - Netlifx to add comercials to subscriptions

Arika

Streaming Platforms don't actually generate enough direct revenue for the cost of the Content. Netflix worked when Content was cheap for them. Paying 1mil for the Streaming Rights to a movie rather than 50-150mil for the Movie explains a lot.

10 hours ago, darknessblade said:

animation department

So Netflix decided to cancel the one good thing they had going for them (with me at least).

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

18 hours ago, FliP0x said:

Yes, the basic tier has always been HD only. The higher you go in the tier list, the better quality you get.

If you're streaming Netflix on your computer, chances are you're only getting HD quality no matter what tier you have. I cancelled my 4k/UHD Netflix subscription in 2020 because it was at best below Youtube's 720p quality.

18 hours ago, FliP0x said:

Ads in a paid product don't make much sense to me. Why pay for a service (company makes money) and then get ads served on top of it (company makes more money).

Prime Video rolls an ad every time you start a new episode. It's annoying but at least it's for other content on their platform. So they don't make money with these ads but just increase watchtime. It will be interesting to see in which direction Netflix moves.

If Drive to Survive was a sign of how well their original series are going...  well let's just say they're not going to... survive. Season 4 from what I hear was just...awful. Despite the amount of content they had to work with the 2021 F1 season. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Good thing I've stopped watching TV shows and now i only focus on music, sports and staying outside

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

When it comes to me and my family, If the adds end up being obtrusive enough to cause annoyance, the Netflix sub will be canceled.

We currently have access to Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime , plus a subscription VPN.

My sister wanted Disney Plus, so she bought that. I never watch it personally, its trash imo.

My parents wanted Amazon Prime for deliveries, bonus is they get the Prime Video

My parents also wanted Netflix.

I, being the more tech savvy person in the family, wanted the VPN.

We all share the accounts. I pay for the VPN but they get to use it as well so they get access to extras content from Netflix for example.

Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon prime get accessed from different households, and thanks to the VPN, as far as those services providers are concerned ..different countries as well.

I do use Netflix more often than the others, but i can do without it if need be.

Additionally if they decide to 'crack down;' on account sharing, which would inevitably affect those using VPNs as well, there is no way my family will end up running 3 accounts and paying for all 3, it will likely be lowered from 1 to 0.

This could backfire on Netflix big time.

These providers are getting worse and worse, be it from woke garbage being forced into their content, or just poor management making their services worse....they are undoing all that work they put in to move people away from both traditional cable / satellite TV, and from Piracy.

What do they think will happen if people loose these services as a option ? ..go back to TV ? ..no they'll sail the seas once more.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 4/23/2022 at 8:07 AM, RockSolid1106 said:

Post image

Hulu and Paramount Plus both have cheaper tiers that are ad supported. So its not like Netflix is the only one. The real question is what is the ad supported tier going to cost and how much are they going to raise the ad free tiers? Id probably wouldn't sub to Netflix if they didnt have The Witcher. 

Netflix's problem is they act like they are the only sole streaming provider. They dont seem to understand they have competition, and the competition in some cases is cheaper or has better content. Look at Paramount Plus, They have Star Trek (several series\ movies), Halo and not to mention access to all the CBS catalogue, NCIS anyone? Disney has Star Wars and Marvel to be the big ones, not to mention all their animated films. My point is, Netflix has some stiff competition now and they need to act like it. Stop producing shit shows, stop killing a  good shows off after the second season. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

And they also lost a substantial amount of subscribers as of recent. That's what you get if you pull practices like these against your customers. This was to be expected though,  especially since they also started to crackdown on people sharing their passwords with friends or family members that don't live in the same household. Meanwhile we have people that actually defend Netflix claiming people are 'stealing content'.

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

59 minutes ago, Master Delta Chief said:

especially since they also started to crackdown on people sharing their passwords with friends or family members that don't live in the same household. Meanwhile we have people that actually defend Netflix claiming people are 'stealing content'.

Not just that. What if I pay for Netflix and go on vacation and want to use the service? Also because Netflix lacks options for more than 4 screens my sister had my password in case they needed more than 4 streams. 

51 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Word. Most of the content made by netflix is not even worth pirating, a waste of storage :old-laugh:

The only show I have watched more than once is The Witcher. Outside of that nothing Id pirate. 

Fine by me if they don't change the other plans in any way.
But to be honest I'll most likely get rid of my subscription anyway. The only show I care about is The Witcher and sometimes a movie here and there, which I could also simply rent on Google TV / Play.

26 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Fine by me if they don't change the other plans in any way.
But to be honest I'll most likely get rid of my subscription anyway. The only show I care about is The Witcher and sometimes a movie here and there, which I could also simply rent on Google TV / Play.

I have a feeling they might charge more for the ad free options. Because the cheapest option is $9.99. The other question is are they going to do ad supported for the the current tiers? Where each plan has a ad and non ad supported option. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I have a feeling they might charge more for the ad free options. Because the cheapest option is $9.99. The other question is are they going to do ad supported for the the current tiers? Where each plan has a ad and non ad supported option. 

Who knows. All I know is that I won't pay more than the 17,99€ I'm already paying. That's already 215€ a year. Jesus...

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Who knows. All I know is that I won't pay more than the 17,99€ I'm already paying. That's already 215€ a year. Jesus...

Who wouldn't want 3-6 more subscriptions ontop of that? with stream services, location blocks and seasons on different platforms.

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I wont even pay that. I get the cheapest plan. I have a data cap, which is the reason I still run a 720p TV. Even the cheapest plan is getting to the price where I question if its worth it. 

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Who wouldn't want 3-6 subscription ontop of that?

Apparently I want that. I already pay 52€ a month for all sorts of subscriptions. 

I should really get rid of some stuff. 

Screenshot_20220424-234020.png

This is like buying a new 6700XT every year. 😥

Alas!

Join me matey's as we set sail for alternative sources of entertainment!

AAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

But seriously, it must suck for you guys, having to pay for multiple subscriptions and some of them give you ads.

Best one I'd say is Amazon prime, the value is immense.

1 minute ago, Elijah Kamski said:

oin me matey's as we set sail for alternative sources of entertainment!

AAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

You need a VPN subscription in the states to enjoy the "Alternative" source of entertainment. Plus lots of storage potentially. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You need a VPN subscription in the states to enjoy the "Alternative" source of entertainment. Plus lots of storage potentially. 

What kind of issue is it that you can't access it?

Places I've been in overseas usually just hijack your DNS. You can use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 to bypass it and boom.

You have access without paying VPN providers XD

Remember lads, don't use your ISP DNS.

On 4/23/2022 at 6:43 AM, Arika S said:

Summary

Normally on a video streaming service, you have to pay to remove ads. In a baffling move, Netflix has decided to ADD ads into their subscription only service

I know for a fact Hulu does this. I think paramount+ does it too. There might even be a hbo max subscription with it

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

What kind of issue is it that you can't access it?

Places I've been in overseas usually just hijack your DNS. You can use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 to bypass it and boom.

You have access without paying VPN providers XD

Remember lads, don't use your ISP DNS.

By "Alternative" I mean raising the Jolly Rodger. Most people dont want the FBI busting in the door or have a court summons waiting for them in the mail box. Downloading copy righted content gets you sued. Distributing content gets you imprisoned. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

By "Alternative" I mean raising the Jolly Rodger. Most people dont want the FBI busting in the door or have a court summons waiting for them in the mail box. Downloading copy righted content gets you sued. Distributing content gets you imprisoned. 

Rarely to never.

people can get warning letters and get their internet shutoff, but it’s been shown that usually you can get away with piracy

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

Rarely to never.

people can get warning letters and get their internet shutoff, but it’s been shown that usually you can get away with piracy

After the judgment against Cox communications, that might no longer be the case. ISP's now have incentive to shove their subscribers under the bus. Enough piracy will lead to you getting sued. Which is why you use a VPN to cover your tracks, because no one is going to put the work in to track shit thru a VPN. 

Furthermore getting your internet shutoff could mean not having internet at all, if the ISP terminates your service permanently.

38 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

No need to use a VPN though, AdvTor routes the whole device 😄

But yes, don't download copyrighted content folks, unless you live in a place where copyright laws don't exist or something, or outside of the FBI jurisdiction.

Just don't get caught by the CIA.

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

After the judgment against Cox communications, that might no longer be the case. ISP's now have incentive to shove their subscribers under the bus. Enough piracy will lead to you getting sued. Which is why you use a VPN to cover your tracks, because no one is going to put the work in to track shit thru a VPN. 

Furthermore getting your internet shutoff could mean not having internet at all, if the ISP terminates your service permanently.

Permanent shutoff Is what I meant.

but I live in a town where I can get broadband like 3 ways.

fiber

cable (two companies)

so you can still get internet

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

This kind of move stinks of a company trying to shore up investor confidence by using charts that show what investors want to see but that aren't actually grounded in reality....or the kind of thing a purchasing equity firm wants to see. I wonder if there's some moves going on to sell Netflix that we just don't know about yet and they're trying to artificially make themselves look more profitable than they actually are?