Adflix - Netlifx to add comercials to subscriptions

Arika
49 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I have an OTA Antenna that is pipped in to my Plex server. I mean some of the channels do have good content and we have actually gotten more channels added. The issue is since the digital conversion the signal doesn't travel very well. If you live in an urban area you might have issues with multi-path interference. The new ATSC 3.0 standard will fix that, but who knows if thats going to go nation wide and not many TV's have that built in. We get like over 50 channels though. Many however are kinda useless telemarketing channels or religious channels. 

With Plex the ads really are not an issue. I can record my show and skip right thru the ad. If I enable the option the server can cut the ads from the recording. Which is kinda cool. 

Where I live we only have 5 FTA stations.  Ads were not a problem when the station could charge enough that they only needed a few good ones per show.   It's a very different story now though, especially because they are competing with the internet and google ad services.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

20 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Where I live we only have 5 FTA stations

My benefit is I live in the Suburbs and most of our stations are located in around the same geographical area and are less than 30 miles out. I use a shitty flat indoor antenna. We do get some stations that have issues from time to time but 98% of the time it works good enough. 

There are some good sites you can go on and check to see where your local towers are and what kind of antenna you might need to pick them up. In some cases you have to go with an out door antenna to get anywhere and that can be a big expense. 

24 minutes ago, mr moose said:

hey are competing with the internet and google ad services.  

No only that they are competing with numerous streaming services. Both Live TV and things like Netflix. On the other side of it these broadcasters are also killing cable TV, which is where they make a killing, because they keep increase retransmission fees and the cable operators have to increase their prices which leads to more people canceling cable. With ATSC 3.0, however the would be allowed to do encrypted stations meaning there are chances for them to offer paid TV services. Of course they do have obligations to offer free channels for example I think all the .1 channels have to be free according to the law, but it does open the door to allowing them to offer premium services. Like Disney for instance owns ABC and could maybe offer Disney + content on the .2 or what ever channel as a small price. 

On the other hand the telecoms could also convince the FCC to sell them more of the TV spectrum and OTA TV could come to an end. Who knows. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Netflix adds ads.

Ahoy, matey.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

13 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Ahoy, matey.

This only will effect a new entry level tier, not the tier you are already on.

18 hours ago, starsmine said:

I do wonder when will they add ads to the tiers we already on.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Well, I left Netflix years ago because of some inappropriate content on there, now they have this lol

might as well get Tubi for free.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

On 7/20/2022 at 1:34 AM, starsmine said:

It's like horse armor. They're just slowly raising the heat so the frog doesn't notice.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.