This has been discussed to death. 

1. There is no reason to believe Anthony would even want to do this, compared to his current role at LMG

2. There is no evidence to believe that a Linux channel would get enough viewership to be profitable for LMG

3. There is never anything cited that the many existing Linux-devoted YT channels are failing to bring to the table to create a "need" for LMG to enter this space

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

32 minutes ago, Middcore said:

This has been discussed to death. 

1. There is no reason to believe Anthony would even want to do this, compared to his current role at LMG

2. There is no evidence to believe that a Linux channel would get enough viewership to be profitable for LMG

3. There is never anything cited that the many existing Linux-devoted YT channels are failing to bring to the table to create a "need" for LMG to enter this space

Agree with your points but that's also what i believed about an Apple channel. I wouldn't fully rule it out. But on the other hand Apple content has probably more interest than Linux.

Personally i like Anthony's position on the main channel in what he does and how he does it. And how he brings in a bit more personality through the talking points he prepares for WAN.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Perhaps as Linux gets ever more gamer oriented there will be more opportunity for videos.

As always, you're assuming Anthony has the desire and time to have his own channel.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Not really much of a point.

By the time linux matters, things will just work.

How often are there videos on windows on the main channel? Not that often.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

6 hours ago, cmndr said:

How often are there videos on windows on the main channel? Not that often.

Of videos released on main channel, one of each (plus one for Microsoft software and bunch relating to SteamDeck launch which may be counted as Linux). 

Also, of the about past month, Anthony has been (at least based on thumbnails), main host on 4 videos. Alex is shown as main in 3 and Riley in 2. If Shortcircuit and other channels are included, thats actually a lot of just Anthony as host.

My expanded points can be read from the older threads, they haven't been changed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think personally it would make more sense if LMG were to do a Linux channel to do something like what was done with Mac Address and Jonathan Horst where they look for a new writer who might be well suited for good content in a style that one might associate with that brand. Which runs into the issue that I imagine has been brought up in previous threads. Linux doesn't have a super singular consistent brand so would the content be about Linux Gaming, well that would cut into what LinusTechTips tends to do about Linux. Is it about sysadmin stuff, well then it might not attract as much of the LTT viewers and might run into issues as Linus recently said LMG probably needs a dedicated IT person so having another writer/sysadmin wouldn't make sense.

Basically, I imagine if they have a good idea about a niche they think that LMG resources would do a good job filling in Linux video space they probably will find a person to do that, but I don't think it would be Anthony. He uses Linux, but also Windows and MacOS and really likes retro games being the sole writer on a new LTT channel would probably be creatively limiting.

15 hours ago, cmndr said:

Not really much of a point.

By the time linux matters, things will just work.

I don't know if that's fair, since there's definitely places that Linux matters and it kind of shows up a bunch of times in the background for more server/virtualisation based stuff since Windows just isn't as good with virtualisation out of the box.

Who sponsors LMG's Apple channel?

Who might sponsor a Linux channel?

27 minutes ago, Rex Hite said:

Who sponsors LMG's Apple channel?

Who might sponsor a Linux channel?

MA sponsors for last month have been Manscape, Grammarly and Zoho CRM. I don't know last, but other two are B-tier sponsors. So in that sense, I wouldn't expect anything lesss than RAID:Shadowlegend and NordVPN for Linux channel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

lmg has competition against its own videos, really dont think its worth it to make any new channels.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

5 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

I don't know if that's fair, since there's definitely places that Linux matters and it kind of shows up a bunch of times in the background for more server/virtualisation based stuff since Windows just isn't as good with virtualisation out of the box.

Let me rephrase...

by the time linux as a desktop OS matters.

Linux definitely already matters. ChromeOS (based on Gentoo) is widely used and within certain bounds "just works" and as you stated, Linux runs the server (and high performance computing) world.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

MA sponsors for last month have been Manscape, Grammarly and Zoho CRM. I don't know last, but other two are B-tier sponsors. So in that sense, I wouldn't expect anything lesss than RAID:Shadowlegend and NordVPN for Linux channel.

I guess there's no 'Big Linux' money to be tapped.

4 hours ago, Rex Hite said:

I guess there's no 'Big Linux' money to be tapped.

Was there "Big Mac" money to be tapped into? Apple won't sponsor them, and there are no big peripheral companies that would be known for their Apple accessories.

Whole notion of lack of sponsors doesn't imo matter here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, PHNOM said:

A petition to Linus text tips to start a new channel based on linux with Anthony as the host...

Lemme know your thoughts below...

now i realise anthony has the most knowlege of linux at lmg, but he is nowhere near enthusiast level, and there wouldnt be much interest in the low level guides easily accessible elsewhere

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

Looking at the videos of Level 1 Techs (one the most highly regarded channels for semi-advanced Linux content) I can totally see the video throughput of a LTT Linux channel be even lower than Chanel Super Fun... or Linus Cat Tips. Like Level 1 Techs is even doing case reviews, there must not be a lot of Linux content out there. 

image.thumb.png.6ba4d4cec282a3dbb97bcfdb6f679f48.png

In simple terms, it doesn't make sense. You might as well make a channel dedicated to making Windows not suck as much. You'll have much more opportunities for content out of that. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Looking at the videos of Level 1 Techs (one the most highly regarded channels for semi-advanced Linux content) I can totally see the video throughput of a LTT Linux channel be even lower than Chanel Super Fun... or Linus Cat Tips. Like Level 1 Techs is even doing case reviews, there must not be a lot of Linux content out there. 

image.thumb.png.6ba4d4cec282a3dbb97bcfdb6f679f48.png

In simple terms, it doesn't make sense. You might as well make a channel dedicated to making Windows not suck as much. You'll have much more opportunities for content out of that. 

You are looking at wrong channel, but otherwise you are correct, video per month is pretty slow in terms of Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/TekLinux/videos

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv