GTA V PC release date until March 2015

ViruZ_HUN

source: http://www.latintimes.com/gta-v-pc-release-date-romanian-retailer-reveals-gamers-will-have-wait-til-march-2015-166517

If this is true, i gon shot myself. I've been waiting for this game since september!!!!

Just go buy Saints Row 3 and 4, both are on sale right now, and have some fun. I had Saints Row 2 for the longest time, got it as part of a humble bundle, and I didn't install it forever because I thought it would be stupid. After less than an hour of playing I was hooked as it has everything I've always wanted but GTA never delivered on.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Just go buy Saints Row 3 and 4, both are on sale right now, and have some fun. I had Saints Row 2 for the longest time, got it as part of a humble bundle, and I didn't install it forever because I thought it would be stupid. After less than an hour of playing I was hooked as it has everything I've always wanted but GTA never delivered on.

2bad saints row sucks dookie

Hurry up and release the damn game on pc, the more time passes the more I'm lookibg more for watchdogs

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

If they release it on PC people will crack it in less than 2 days.And probably everyone is going to get it for free...Its not profitable!

BS Game Piracy is a myth it's not THAT common (If people crack it it's because they don't care about the game enough to spend money on it so no loss for studios there)

However GTA V is last Gen they've waited too long if it's released now or even later everyone will just laugh at the optic and by watchdogs. I no longer care for the game nor the story I won't buy nor play the game period unless I get it for 5 bucks on steam and have nothing better to do which is likely to happen.

So there's me contradicting myself.

Don't say that without trying it out.

Gameplay and immersion are great in GTA5

I'd buy a copy for my PC anyday and play through it a third time.

How can a 3rd person game be immersive. If there was a 1st person view of the game then I would understand but the entire premise of having a 3rd person view is that it isn't immersive because you are not the player you just control him/her. Anyway I talk to my boss sometimes about games and he had GTA5 on his PS3. I think he played it on and off for a week or two and then stopped. He said he found more enjoyment out of Sniper Elite V2 then he did with GTA5. Obviously though mods help. I still think we should boycott the game when it comes out and no one should buy it on release or until it goes down in price to around £15. Otherwise Rockstar will carry on f*cking us over.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Eh... I have not even played GTA IV so.. that much for a hype. They missed a huge oportunity and they will not be able to make up for it now (probably).

If they release it on PC people will crack it in less than 2 days.And probably everyone is going to get it for free...Its not profitable!

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/09/22/gaming-piracy-separating-fact-from-fiction

Read and Learn.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

they made their Billion, what would they even care anymore,,, they probably have a couple of people working on the PC version

PC Gaming forever...

thats because, why should we pay $60 on a game that will be super unoptimized and buggy, can't wait for the crack and lan party's to commence.

plus we have Watch Dogs! did you see the optimization on Nvidia's technology looks amazing

Just because the company is full of assholes doesnt mean you get to not pay for it... If you want to make a moral stand against their policy you dont get to play their content, you cant have it both ways. You cant justify piracy by saying that the company is bad, so i should get all their stuff for free.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

But they probably already have the finished product already.

They had to be able to run it on a pc to some degree while developing, so they would just have to patch a few things up and get an admittedly poorly ported but still playable game. As a conspiracy theorist, i am considering the possibility of Microsoft or Sony bribing them to not release it in a pathetic effort to stop the steam boxes from taking over the console market in the future, though i am probably just crazy

Edit: New theory!!!1!!

I never buy a game on PC unless it is on like 80% sale because thats the kind of prices we have gotten used to, but if Rockstar waits long enough people won't be willing to wait for a sale and they will pay the full retail price!

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Oh look GTA VI for PC next year, nope it's GTA V, you know the one from last year... console gamers must be laughing their asses off haha 

I admit I don't care about it, I'm more of an RPG and FPS lover, occasionally Just Cause 2 for the laugh. But if I were waiting for this game I would be sooo pissed off with Rockstar...  

Actually, I am from Romania and Altex is a really big retailer, kind of like newegg.Even though I doubt this is going to be the release date, we are talking about Rockstar Games, and I'm sure we'll have to wait till fall or something, because GTA 4 was released 8 months later on PC and it would take them like 8-10 months or even more to release GTA 5 on PC

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Actually, I am from Romania and Altex is a really big retailer, kind of like newegg.Even though I doubt this is going to be the release date, we are talking about Rockstar Games, and I'm sure we'll have to wait till fall or something, because GTA 4 was released 8 months later on PC and it would take them like 8-10 months or even more to release GTA 5 on PC

Lol GTA V was released like 8 months ago.D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Lol GTA V was released like 8 months ago.D

Actually 5 months

it was released september 3rd 2013.

2013: Septeber /oktober /november / december  2014: January /february /march /april

8 months.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

2013: Septeber /oktober /november / december  2014: January /february /march /april

8 months.

_62558092_15.thecountand8-richardtermine

Here's a much better solution:

1) Go here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/

2) Click Add to whish list

3) Wait maybe a couple of weeks tops before getting an email telling you the game it's on sale at only 5 bucks

4) Once you get it go here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/259080

5) Optional: Use your remaining USD 55 to buy Watchdogs when it comes out, you might need another 5 but that's not too much.

-------

Current Rig

-------

But why the hell cant just they release it to PC? whats holding them back?, dont they want more money?

I think they'd lose more money than gain at this point.

I think they'd lose more money than gain at this point.

How? The engine has already been fucking ported. If you get 2 coders 2 weeks they can come up with a PC version, specially one that wouldn't need to be optimized because the game is so fucking old modern hardware would just laugh at it anyway. There's just no goddamn reason not to release this game on PC except 2: 

1) An undisclosed contractual obligation with a console manufacturer that bars them from it

2) Sheer, unadulterated fucking spite.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 months.

Yeah, you're right, I wasn't paying attention to the dates

It could just be a placeholder.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

How? The engine has already been fucking ported. If you get 2 coders 2 weeks they can come up with a PC version, specially one that wouldn't need to be optimized because the game is so fucking old modern hardware would just laugh at it anyway. There's just no goddamn reason not to release this game on PC except 2:

1) An undisclosed contractual obligation with a console manufacturer that bars them from it

2) Sheer, unadulterated fucking spite.

Is it worth even that?

They could probably port it to MacOSx too, but is it really worth it?

And if they don't want to, they don't have to. It's a free country.

Hopefully my SexBox 360 won't die until march 2015 :o

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2ghz    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 1600mhz
                                                                                                                      GPU: EVGA FTW SIG2 3GB 660    PSU: Corsair GS800
                                                                                                                                      Motherboard: Asus m5a78lm/usb3

Is it worth even that?

No effort and millions in guaranteed sales? Of course it's worth it: Had it been announced a couple weeks after the console release, even with an undisclosed "soon" release date would have been enough to guarantee lots of interest just take a look at GTA IV PC sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/25503/grand-theft-auto-iv/

-------

Current Rig

-------

No effort and millions in guaranteed sales? Of course it's worth it: Had it been announced a couple weeks after the console release, even with an undisclosed "soon" release date would have been enough to guarantee lots of interest just take a look at GTA IV PC sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/25503/grand-theft-auto-iv/

If they got an undisclosed agreement with Microsoft and Sony, offering them some amount of money to keep it exclusive, they must have realized that it was more than what GTA V would have made them on PC.

If that didn't happen, and they just don't think it's worth the man hours, then it's just clean cut not worth it.

Either way, they lose more money than gain if they release it on PC.

Plus, according to the chart, they sold less than a million retail copies on PC. Assuming they sold even five times that amount digitally on PC, that'd still be less than what they sold in the first week on the consoles.

TBH, GTA isn't really that great a series. Outside of beating hookers with baseball bats and the occasional witty stuff on the radio, GTA kinda sucks as a franchise.