New Chrome UI sucks. Time to switch. What to switch to?

It's been an good ride the last 15ish years, but the new UI in chrome is an absolute dealbreaker for me. The team is ignorant of various screen sizes and densities and how the forced changes affect them. They have had months to give people options so that it can be bearable, but no, they force this crap on us including relocating that completely useless "search tabs" button that I have never had a use for to a spot where a pinned tab would normally go.

Seeing as this will not likely ever be resolved, what is best alternative? The one thing I need though, is the password manager. I may need to login to something on my phone/ipad when I am not at my PC. I have pretty much gone with the randomised "suggest password" for everything now so it's impossible to remember them. Having a single browser and account across multiple devices has simplified my web browsing experience to that "just works" stage and sucks that I might have to give that up now.

Firefox + ublock origin!

Best adblock in the world and you are away from chromium which google directly influences a lot

Do the "roll back to the old interface" instructions not work anymore?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

planning on switching from Edge to Arc. have the installer ready but a lil hesitant. 

is anybody using Arc on Windows? if so, how's the UI, usability, features and stuff?

21 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

image.png.91a659e92465cf738a9f8886f6c0581c.pngthey've gotten rid of it! so no possible way to change the layout officially!

changing browsers seems like the best option right now! saw the De-Googling video and Arc seems to appeal to me, if not Arc then Firefox + Ublock Origin for me seems like the next best thing!

probably forgot about this comment so just tag me or quote me pls!

Switched to Firefox lately, it's quite good, Google password manager stills work 

Ublock is pretty much required too

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Switched to Firefox lately, it's quite good, Google password manager stills work 

Ublock is pretty much required too

i second the use of firefox, been using it for years and never ever made an account

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

15 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Unfortunately no 😞  I have since found a guide to fix it, but who knows how that will work. At the very least it works on my work laptop (for now) since chrome can be installed without admin permissions.

you add "--disable-features=CustomizeChromeSidePanel" to the chrome desktop shortcut.

I'm going to try Firefox, if google password manager works on it, then that might be the way forward. Arc is a no go for me (Windows 10) and that layout looks way worse than the new chrome (imo).

Personally, I use Vivaldi. It does have quite a few settings.

I don't use Google password manager, but it is a Chromium browser.

I won't consider Firefox more than a secondary browser before it has tab stacks. And been then, don't know.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking