im very curious to find out, if i get an i3 10th gen which is an lga 1200 socket and put it in a gigabyte h510 mobo ik itll fit obviously and so will the cooler but my question is.. can i later upgrade to an i9 11th gen( assuming i have the a good psu as well) ????
will there be any problems?

Hi!

You answer this question ALWAYS by referring to the manufacturer's CPU support documentation rather than people's opinions.

For that motherboard that you listed, the CPU support is listed here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-H-rev-10-11-15/support#support-cpu

Some motherboards require a BIOS update to gain newer CPU support, and there are some pitfalls to think about there, too.

Technically it can support it however that boadd is extremely low end to the point that a less power limited i5 10600k can already overwhelm the vrms causing slowdown.

Any reason you are getting a lga1200 chip? These things are not that good and even dirt cheap am4 stuff new is faster and better priced.

I would not get this if I were you as your upgrade options regardless of board issues are very limited and todays budget chips are already ahead.

Ryzen alsp has a far better used market as anything above a i5 for 10/11th gen is stupid expensive used.

57 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Technically it can support it however that boadd is extremely low end to the point that a less power limited i5 10600k can already overwhelm the vrms causing slowdown.

Any reason you are getting a lga1200 chip? These things are not that good and even dirt cheap am4 stuff new is faster and better priced.

I would not get this if I were you as your upgrade options regardless of board issues are very limited and todays budget chips are already ahead.

Ryzen alsp has a far better used market as anything above a i5 for 10/11th gen is stupid expensive used.

^^^

also new am4 is stupid except for the 5700x3d as you should be able to get used 5600(x) ~80$ or a 3600(x) at ~50$ and they should match or outright beat the 10600k

theres also used midranger b3/450 around the 50$ mark like the tomahawk but you can also get some half decent lower end b450 new for under 75$ aswell

and you can always upgrade to the aformentioned 5700x3d or even a used 5800x3d when those come down in price and those are among the best cpus for gaming atm due to the large cache