Buying Blue cards off the store RIGHT NOW - Intel DG1 discrete GPUs on sale on TaoBao

williamcll

1.pngb2.pngb3.png

The Intel DG1 discrete graphics card were not publicly available. But as the brand rolls over to their next generation their old cards have begun surfacing on the mass market. GUNNIR for example have started sell these. Prices range from 90 USD to 114USD

Quotes

Intel ARC Alchemist series based on the DG2 GPU family might not be here yet, but the deployment of its successor (DG1) has been somewhat successful. The DG1 GPUs were initially only available to software developers but in the end, they have made their way into the discrete DIY desktop market under the Iris Xe brand. Intel developed two DG1 SKUs: Iris Xe and Iris Xe Max, the latter featuring the full implementation of the silicon exclusively available for laptops. This is no longer true though, as GUNNIR is now selling Iris Xe Max Index V2 graphics card with 96 Execution Units (up from 80 available with Iris Xe non-MAX).

O1CN01BusChm1isqkjpGkTZ_!!84724469.jpg

The Max Index V2 model features 96 EUs (768 shading units) and a higher boost clock of 1.65 GHz. Despite this change, the power limit of 25-41W has not changed compared to the non-MAX model.

It should be noted that Irix Xe graphics cards will not work with all systems. There is no support for any AMD platform, and Intel support is limited only to the Coffee/Comet Lake series (9th Gen and 10th Gen). The Iris Xe models are compatible with Intel B460, B365, and H310C motherboards.

My thoughts

With the current shortage now any graphic cards seems like a decent option even with these cards that have barely been benchmarked. But I suppose it should be enough to run all common e-sport titles at 1080p.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese-gunnir-is-now-selling-discrete-desktop-graphics-card-with-full-intel-dg1-gpu

https://gunnir.com/product.html

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

If it didn't involve importing I'd like to play with one myself. Will let someone else do the hard work.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Which tech reviewer will buy and review one first, do you think?

The Wheel of Fortune is spinning...

My bets on UFDTech

Not publicly available probably means an absolute pig to get drivers for. And if you can find drivers, no guaranty that any games will work well with it.

If you want to play around with one, go have fun with it. It's not a solution for GPU starved gamers. And the GPU shortage is showing signs of easing now, so hopefully the end is insight now.

6 hours ago, porina said:

If it didn't involve importing I'd like to play with one myself. Will let someone else do the hard work.

Importing really isnt that bad? you could probably pay 30 bucks extra for UPS delivery or something and have it in 3-4 days.  (recommend HK / Shenzhen, if possible, instead of mainland as that is usually  a lot faster )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Importing really isnt that bad? you could probably pay 30 bucks extra for UPS delivery or something and have it in 3-4 days.  (recommend HK / Shenzhen, if possible, instead of mainland as that is usually  a lot faster )

Isn't Shenzhen part of the mainland?

17 minutes ago, thechinchinsong said:

Isn't Shenzhen part of the mainland?

which is why i specified it, its right next to HK, same shipping / flight routes…

Thats the thing if you buy from random city in mainland the parcel might travel around  for weeks - same as USPS actually… sightseeing tour on my cost… no, no, never again ; )

"Shenzhen, in southeastern China, is a modern metropolis that links Hong Kong to China’s mainland. It's known for its shopping destinations, including Luohu Commercial City, a massive mall with a vast array of wares"

Basically as good as HK, and lots of sellers from there on TaoBao etc. 

ps: i also know this because  the route usually  goes like this: HK > Shenzhen (or Guangzhou) > Frankfurt, Paris/etc 

Is a direct flight, with some luck it takes 2 days to arrive at my house, 3-4 is more likely though.

IMG_20220219_045457.jpg.4bd9295657f41d6b39a034eecda306c4.jpg

(and yes, yes, theres some backwards time travel involved due to time zones, its still damn fast - only 2 days) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

If this is the same thing as the Iris Xe DG1 GamersNexus got their hands on a while back...

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

11 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Steve from GamersNexus has already done it.

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

When I had too much money to spend I'd just do it. These days I have to be smarter. The basic pricing might not be bad, but factor in delivery and customs fees*, it's going to be a LOT more. I don't want it that badly.

*a lot of places shipping from China will, without asking, falsify value to avoid customs fees. I have to go in assuming I will be paying.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

19 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

which is why i specified it, its right next to HK, same shipping / flight routes…

Thats the thing if you buy from random city in mainland the parcel might travel around  for weeks - same as USPS actually… sightseeing tour on my cost… no, no, never again ; )

I thought they might still have different shipping/flight routes due to how Hong Kong isn't fully part of mainland china while shenzhen is, even if they are geographically right next to each other.

20 hours ago, CT854 said:

If this is the same thing as the Iris Xe DG1 GamersNexus got their hands on a while back...

Sure hope not considering that barely kept up with AMD's APUs. 
For a discrete GPU, that's awful performances that I would expect from a low tier card like a 1030.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Sure hope not considering that barely kept up with AMD's APUs. 
For a discrete GPU, that's awful performances that I would expect from a low tier card like a 1030.

In terms of execution units it is essentially the same as the best Intel mobile iGPUs on the market already, which is 3x the execution of desktop parts. So yes, it is a low gaming tier and that is expected. It might perform better than the mobile equivalent as it is less power constrained and has dedicated ram, not shared with system.

Just because it is a dGPU doesn't necessarily imply high gaming performance. See "dGPU" as more of a form factor than any expectations on performance.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, Monkey Dust said:

Not publicly available probably means an absolute pig to get drivers for. And if you can find drivers, no guaranty that any games will work well with it.

If you want to play around with one, go have fun with it. It's not a solution for GPU starved gamers. And the GPU shortage is showing signs of easing now, so hopefully the end is insight now.

I can't say anything about Windows, but they are likely built into one of the more recent Linux kernels.

It's likely in one of the RC kernels at the moment.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's