Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Reminder for everyone that the next Akiba's Trip the Animation's episode will be about PC Master Race

Get ready for the cringe

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

1 minute ago, SeraphicWings said:

Reminder for everyone that the next Akiba's Trip the Animation's episode will be about PC Master Race

Get ready for the cringe

So... everybody talking over each other?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Well well. I didn't expect Konosuba to have two relatively decent episodes in a row. Or for Kobayashi to feel so lifeless.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (4). disappointing.
So... do I praise them for being able to at least remain thematically relevant with their extreme filler, or blast them for reducing this to a glacial sludge? In the end I don't think I have the energy to do either: this episode just sucked all the life out of me like some moe vampire. By the time the all-Kanna-all-the-time segment ended I couldn't tell where the pandering ended and the manga material began. Even for a slice-of-nothing fan like me that segment was really pushing it, stretching 2 minutes of manga into 15 minutes of borderline tedium. Then they chose a segment that felt clumsily chosen to liven up the proceedings, but didn't impress. Not only was the pacing choppy (rather than snappy), but they also ruined Saikawa's character by having her be so confrontational that I actually wanted to see her learn her lesson. They even skimped on the animation for the dodgeball fight. Lame. The one thing I liked over the manga was that Kanna forced a catchphrase, but I don't think the translation was consistent enough for the joke to come across (not that I hold that against the anime itself).

Konosuba S2 (4). mild pulse.
Man, I really have to hand it to the folks who can take this crappy writing and actually turn it into something resembling a comedy. It's base, repetitive, predictable as all hell, and frankly just shy of atrocious, but when they aren't also phoning it in, these guys can really pull off a miracle: the return of Darkness was actually pretty amusing (also pretty awful, but I'm willing to look past that after Dragon Maid's fumble). As with the last episode they were just shy of nailing some hilarious material, this time with Kazuma. I can only imagine what they could have pulled off if they weren't haphazardly cobbling together a lot of little ideas into something that almost worked. And so I salute you, unsung heros that can make crap like this viably entertaining in spite of itself. Your dedication to salvaging this trainwreck will not go unremarked (even if it's still a trainwreck).

I just want to say Nyanko Days is totes adotes. Wish the episodes were a bit longer though.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Watching Psycho Pass. Pretty interesting stuff. (obviously has like gore and a bunch of nasty stuff but the perspectives taken are very interesting)

Not something I would recommend for everyone, but still very interesting 

What to watch next... hmmm...

I'd say "Psycho Pass season 2", but I'm not in the trolling mood :) (everyone seems to hate 2 compared to 1).

So maybe watch the PP movie instead (I'm not sure if it comes after season 2, though). Or if you're still in an introspective mood after PP, try Mushishi?

3 minutes ago, MadOne627 said:

You seen FMA, FMA brotherhood, Baccano or, kids on the slope?

Baccano is a classic.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Rewatching Kimi ni Todoke, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Shinmai Maou no Testament at the same time, because I can't decide whether I want to watch Shoujo, comedy or what is essentially hentai. 

Meanwhile, I have about 15 series waiting to be started. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Rewatching Kimi ni Todoke, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Shinmai Maou no Testament at the same time, because I can't decide whether I want to watch Shoujo, comedy or what is essentially hentai. 

Meanwhile, I have about 15 series waiting to be started. 

I have far more than 15 series in my backlog, and what am I doing? Watching youtube videos.....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

I have far more than 15 series in my backlog, and what am I doing? Watching youtube videos.....

Hey, we've all got our Game Grumps or whatever to cheer us up. Lord knows the latest few seasons of anime struggle to entertain as much :)

8 hours ago, MadOne627 said:

You seen FMA, FMA brotherhood, Baccano or, kids on the slope?

none of those, are FMA worth watching? I've heard a lot about them 

I know Gurren Lagann is an older anime (kind of, depends on perspective and what not), but I still can't get over how good it was. The twist and then continuing with the story to me idk just was amazing. 

(i finished watching it somewhat recently) by far an anime I would recommend to a lot of people

3 hours ago, IAmLamp said:

none of those, are FMA worth watching? I've heard a lot about them 

The older FMA and newer one have a slightly different tone, but share a similar start because the older series was made before there was enough manga to finish adapting. Because of that the older series' story is kind of a mess, but some people prefer the tone, feeling the newer series isn't as mature in some way. I don't really agree, as I think the older series is only superficially more mature, and both are basically glorified shounen anime (just probably the best shounen anime yet made, and don't really just aim for that demographic alone). It's likely worth watching both if you enjoyed one of them, as they're effectively alternate takes on the same premise.

Watching FMA. Something of the kind that I've never seen before. Only 1 episode in and so far, very good! 

(thank you for the recommend) 

11 hours ago, IAmLamp said:

Watching FMA. Something of the kind that I've never seen before. Only 1 episode in and so far, very good! 

(thank you for the recommend) 

I recommend watching FMA brotherhood right after. you will understand later.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:01 AM, DeadEyePsycho said:

I just want to say Nyanko Days is totes adotes. Wish the episodes were a bit longer though.

You might also get a kick out of Chi's Sweet Home (and its sequels), Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki, Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko, and Kuroneko (if you can find it).

I had decided to ignore Youjo Senki but today I gave it a chance. And I love it, so crazy. :3

pRDmH1b.jpg

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

21 hours ago, Technicolors said:

think i'm gonna binge this show. only recall small clips 

I loved this show as a kid. Will be bingeing as well.

18 hours ago, CatCloud said:

The manga is so much better though....

omg-cat.gif

I totally forgot to check if there is a manga.

Time to read then.

spbAHH8.gif

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

Can anyone recommend me any animes that are like the mangas arifureta shokugyou de sekai saikyou and/or dungeon hunter