Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
6 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

Yeah, its fun, but in the back of my mind there is a little voice whispering "aww come on, man".

Yep. Same here. Then I remember who's making the anime and feel conflicted ;)

What's the correct viewing order for the original Mobile Suit Gundam, its movie trilogy, and Char's Counterattack (might be an ova but idk.)?

Edit: I meant to include that I know to start with the main series.  My question should've been focused on whether to watch the three movies next or Char's Counterattack.  

@TetraSky

@DeadEyePsycho

@aisle9

@Oshino Shinobu

@LAwLz

Do one of you know?

Edited by Bleedingyamato

18 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's the correct viewing order for the original Mobile Suit Gundam, its movie trilogy, and Char's Counterattack (might be an ova but idk.)?

Edit: I meant to include that I know to start with the main series.  My question should've been focused on whether to watch the three movies next or Char's Counterattack.  

Do one of you know?

I never got into Gundam. The only long form animes I've really taken a liking to are Sgt. Frog and Fairy Tale. I suppose Dragon Ball Z to some extent.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I never got into Gundam. The only long form animes I've really taken a liking to are Sgt. Frog and Fairy Tale. I suppose Dragon Ball Z to some extent.

Each series isn't that long I don't think.  Not compared to DBZ.  

Nice to hear that you're still on that, Fred :)

Turns out Gabriel Dropout isn't as bad as I would imagine. Not that it's particularly good, but it has some potential that they're flailing with.

Gabriel Dropout (1). mild pulse.
The first half of the episode was really shaky, but as they established their core cast it became a serviceable little mindless comedy. They struggle quite a bit with pacing and build-up, but at least they seem to understand the basic character dynamic and know how to deliver a punchline (when they have one). It's also not as phoned in as Konosuba has been this season, so I'll take what I can get. If you're willing to shut off your brain and just relive these classic jokes, it's fine for what it is. They even managed pick the right voice actress for Satania, making her come across as more adorable than cliched. I just hope they have more than 2 or 3 episodes of material.

Gabriel Dropout (2). on the fence.
This was actually pretty darn fun. Decent (albeit standard) anime comedy, good character chemistry as a trio, and solid delivery. Hell, Satania's fast becoming "best girl" material for me. It was a good idea for them to skip right ahead to the trio dynamics instead of focusing on Raphiel. With just a little more spice and creativity, this might actually be a show I would laugh out loud at, and without reservations. My chief concern is that I can see it easily getting stale, as they're not really putting that much of a spin on the usual anime gags, which means they're likely to go the Konosuba route and start repeating gags or drawing them out. Especially with Raphiel's character. But we'll see.

Gabriel Dropout (3). disappointing.
As much as they played to their strengths in the last episode, they focused on their weaknesses in this one. Did they at least improve on those weaknesses? Nnnnope. I had hoped the first half of the episode was just setup for a better second half, but it was all quite underwhelming. Gabriel hit Umaru levels of unlikable, and they didn't give her the righteous comedy comeuppance that would have salvaged that. The rest of the humor was weak too, with broad stretches of tedium. More than half of the episode was devoted to a single pathetic joke that only served to remind us that Vignette is the only nice one in the cast. Yeah, we know, that's her only quality so far. They even reneged on giving Raphiel some depth. I really hope they try harder with the next episode. "Our characters sure are one dimensional" isn't a joke on its own.

Is Death Note worth watching? I heard about it a long time ago and the idea of it really sounded interesting. Seems to be a popular one as well. 

44 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Is Death Note worth watching? I heard about it a long time ago and the idea of it really sounded interesting. Seems to be a popular one as well. 

It's worth watching, but personally I mostly only liked the first part of it with L. Second part wasn't as good to me and I just ended up dropping it on episode 33 (out of 37).

But that was like 10 years ago, maybe today if I rewatched it I wouldn't mind it as much.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

30 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It's worth watching, but personally I mostly only liked the first part of it with L. Second part wasn't as good to me and I just ended up dropping it on episode 33 (out of 37).

But that was like 10 years ago, maybe today if I rewatched it I wouldn't mind it as much.

OMFG THE OP MUSIC LMAOOOOOOOO

It sounds like a guy that got a little too drunk xDDDDDDDDD

1 hour ago, IAmLamp said:

If you like the genres, yes. I found it to be convoluted by episode 14. Stuck it out since my wife and I watched it on Tuesdays, but I was done by then...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

aBwDqGQ_460s.jpg

Ahahahh, they should make an ova for the fun of it.xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

9 hours ago, IAmLamp said:

I really like Deathnote. Though Gurren, Deathnote and Baccano were the first few anime that i watched, so i might be biased.

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Have you seen Natsume Yuujinchou Go yet? Only just finished Episode 2 now, it's still got it's touch. 

Nope, but it's at the top of my backlog :)

This showed up in my recommendations, really well done IMO.

Now that I think about it, @Slick is really into the whole AI thing isn't he?

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Got an early birthday present/late Christmas present today.

Aaaand just as I had opened it and was going to post pictures of her on another forum, I saw that To LOVE-Ru is about to end... I feel so cold and empty inside now.

Anyway, here is a cute/lewd picture of what I got.

Spoiler

Bikini Lala.jpg

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Got an early birthday present/late Christmas present today.

Aaaand just as I had opened it and was going to post pictures of her on another forum, I saw that To LOVE-Ru is about to end... I feel so cold and empty inside now.

Anyway, here is a cute/lewd picture of what I got.

Hide contents

Bikini Lala.jpg

Sooooooooooo... Is it removable? The "clothes."

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

There's clothing on Lala for once?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, TetraSky said:

Sooooooooooo... Are her "clothes" removable?

Wait.. she was wearing clothes? (Double-checks). Well I'll be damned.

Not a bad anime comedy showing tonight, though Demi-chan really struck out badly with me.

Konosuba S2 (3). mild pulse.
I was set to hate this episode when they began it by lamely repeating the "explosion montage" sequence from the first season, but thankfully they finally got around to doing something funny again. In fact, this just missed being a gem in my books. The first half was relatively fresh for Konosuba, with solid character humor that wasn't too aggravating. It all served as excellent setup for a punchline that they unfortunately dragged out in the second half. By the time they delivered that punchline I had imagined how much better it would have been if they had taken better advantage of Aqua's "attention whore" aspects. The director still salvaged it with some good delivery, but man: if they dialed it up to 11 properly this ep would have been something sweet.

Gabriel Dropout (4). mild pulse.
The obligatory beach episode, but one that focused on their relative strengths again, without trying to lamely hide behind fanservice. I can't say that the humor was all that good, but it was fun enough to pass the time. They're not forcing it as much as Konosuba and so the results are something without the highs or the lows. But in this case, I think that's fine. I can't help but wish they upped the ante a bit and were more brutal with their teasing, payback and revenge, but I'm not about to ask the world of such a simple moe comedy. It's watchable as is.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (4). cringe-worthy.
Ooof. This was awful. You're a show about a guy who has an openly creepy relationship with a bunch of highschool girls... what makes you think you can turn on the waterworks and act like some after cheap after-school special? It's lame enough to see a "bullying" subplot that's about possibly the tamest form of bullying possible, but to wrap it up in a single unrealistic conversation? All for some girl we know nothing about? And why aren't you at least picking topics related to the premise of the show instead of generic highschoolers' issues? That's not even counting that you immediately jumped from that drama to "comedy" about a kid's boobs pressing up against her horny teacher. Have some fucking dignity. I couldn't even be bothered to continue on after that. Dropped.

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

What do you take me for? Some kind of pervert?

They are not removable.... I've checked. 

Apparently Shounen Jump don't want any figures from their series to have removable clothes. 

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (4). cringe-worthy.
Ooof. This was awful. You're a show about a guy who has an openly creepy relationship with a bunch of highschool girls... what makes you think you can turn on the waterworks and act like some after cheap after-school special? It's lame enough to see a "bullying" subplot that's about possibly the tamest form of bullying possible, but to wrap it up in a single unrealistic conversation? All for some girl we know nothing about? And why aren't you at least picking topics related to the premise of the show instead of generic highschoolers' issues? That's not even counting that you immediately jumped from that drama to "comedy" about a kid's boobs pressing up against her horny teacher. Have some fucking dignity. I couldn't even be bothered to continue on after that. Dropped.

heheh yeah I just kinda skipped over that episode, I saw what was going down and was like "fuck this shit"

Old shit no one cares about but me.

When's Shingeki no Kyojin 2 coming out? it was supposed to be q1 already no?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Finished Death Note. Honestly, I learned from it, but like... it just got boring and annoying after a while. Felt like the same material. Happy I'm never watching it again lol

3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

When's Shingeki no Kyojin 2 coming out? it was supposed to be q1 already no?

April this year.