JLCitadel
2 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

I have not watched this one

tumblr_inline_ohmxouzk4M1sowt5b_500.gif

but may be I should. xD

according to helping about halfway it starts falling

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

4 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

I have not watched this one

tumblr_inline_ohmxouzk4M1sowt5b_500.gif

but may be I should. xD

Ah, Flip Flappers. Currently watching it, saw 4 episodes so fae, it's hard to follow, I feel like I've missed an episode or five in between each episodes so far.

The opening/ending songs are quite good though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well I sure picked some winners tonight.

Nyanko Days (1 and 2). typical.
Yet another substanceless short-episode moe anime. This one is about a delusional cat lady and her pets... but SUPER-MOE-FIED!!!  Honestly, this was about as vapid as an anime can get before it ceases being an anime and is nothing more than flashing lights. Just rewatch Poyopoyo or Chi for your short-episode cat fix instead.

Granblue Fantasy (1). typical.
I won't even bother detailing how cookie-cutter this was, as its real problem is a completely lack of self-awareness. Just as I was thinking "eh, maybe this will at least be inoffensively pretty", their in-medias-res intro went from being distantly tense to completely idiotic. The instant the villain opened his word-hole, it became clear that the writing and characterization in this one were just afterthoughts; he might as well have studied under Skeletor in the "School for Ineffectual and Campy Villainy". Then a girl fell out of an airship miles in the sky in that lazy winking way that says "don't worry, she'll be fine!" As for the rest, well, you know the drill: white knight boy meets magical girl, gets hurt protecting her, she heals him, they fight back the laughable villain, and off they go to fight "the Empire." Snore. The only thing they forgot from the Generic Fantasy Story Textbook was the part where you hook your audience.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (3). disappointing.
Wow, what a bizarrely poor episode after the last two. So you have this boring wallflower character, and you've already told your audience everything they need to know about her and her plight. Why not waste half an episode tediously detailing stuff that anyone could guess from basic subtext, just for a single (and obvious) punchline at the very end? And then, right after revealing that your MC isn't an asexual homunculus, isn't it the perfect time to have his brain fall out so he can ask a minor about sexual topics (again)? Surely that'll be funny and totally not creepy. And why even have your "talks to herself" character lower her voice or keep her fool mouth shut for her inner monologues, when we can just have everyone else look like they have serious selective hearing problems instead? Pretty lame stuff.

Watching Gurren Lagann. That twist was mind blowing. 

Finished TTGL and that by far is the worst ending I have ever seen. It's just fucking stupid. 

Yeah, I was blown away by everything before that, but I mean, really? 

10 hours ago, IAmLamp said:

Finished TTGL and that by far is the worst ending I have ever seen. It's just fucking stupid. 

Yeah, I was blown away by everything before that, but I mean, really? 

What part of the ending?

I didn't like the wedding scene where she disappears but i like the part where he helps the kid and they see the gurren. The kid doesn't care about him insightful. Simon learned from his time as president he wasn't a good leader and decides to quietly as a nobody now that society is safe.

7 hours ago, MadOne627 said:

What part of the ending?

I didn't like the wedding scene where she disappears but i like the part where he helps the kid and they see the gurren. The kid doesn't care about him insightful. Simon learned from his time as president he wasn't a good leader and decides to quietly as a nobody now that society is safe.

The wedding scene where she disappears. It's complete fucking shit and a massive slap in the fucking face. It's horrid. 

gonna watch kono subarashi soon, for some reason the streaming is bad even though i can happily watch 1440p video on youtubr with no problem. Might try to download it instead. 

Any comment on this anime? is it worth watching?

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

2 hours ago, Zackfoo said:

gonna watch kono subarashi soon, for some reason the streaming is bad even though i can happily watch 1440p video on youtubr with no problem. Might try to download it instead. 

Season 1 or 2?

Not sure about season 2 yet (only watched 2 episodes), but season 1 was great.

It had lots of funny moments and likable characters.

The animation quality was shit though.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Season 1 or 2?

Not sure about season 2 yet (only watched 2 episodes), but season 1 was great.

It had lots of funny moments and likable characters.

The animation quality was shit though.

Except when they animated Explosion, they put so much effort into that they had no time to care about anything else

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

4 hours ago, Zackfoo said:

The comedy can be excellent at times, but they suffer from the usual anime comedy problems. It's worth at least three episodes to see if you don't mind them milking the stuff you've just seen into oblivion. Quite a few people are happy enough with that, and it's hard to blame them given how lackluster anime comedies tend to be these days.

4 hours ago, IAmLamp said:

The wedding scene where she disappears. It's complete fucking shit and a massive slap in the fucking face. It's horrid. 

It was also made pretty clear from the start that she was living on borrowed time. I found it a bit try-hard, but it fit the themes of the show. To me, a "happily ever after" ending would have been more of a slap in the face after all that buildup.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:27 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (3). disappointing.
Wow, what a bizarrely poor episode after the last two. So you have this boring wallflower character, and you've already told your audience everything they need to know about her and her plight. Why not waste half an episode tediously detailing stuff that anyone could guess from basic subtext, just for a single (and obvious) punchline at the very end? And then, right after revealing that your MC isn't an asexual homunculus, isn't it the perfect time to have his brain fall out so he can ask a minor about sexual topics (again)? Surely that'll be funny and totally not creepy. And why even have your "talks to herself" character lower her voice or keep her fool mouth shut for her inner monologues, when we can just have everyone else look like they have serious selective hearing problems instead? Pretty lame stuff.

yeeeeeeeeeep, pretty much.

Its slowly going full harem mode. I knew that shit was gonna happen. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

4 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

yeeeeeeeeeep, pretty much.

Its slowly going full harem mode. I knew that shit was gonna happen. 

To be fair it *was* playing up the harem elements from episode one, but it wasn't nearly as lazy or redundant about it as the third episode.

10 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

It was also made pretty clear from the start that she was living on borrowed time. I found it a bit try-hard, but it fit the themes of the show. To me, a "happily ever after" ending would have been more of a slap in the face after all that buildup.

Nope.

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

To be fair it *was* playing up the harem elements from episode one, but it wasn't nearly as lazy or redundant about it as the third episode.

yeah it was always there, but it wasn't quite going full shit series harem mode. Its slowly moving that way

Just now, Tr3vor said:

yeah it was always there, but it wasn't quite going full shit series harem mode. Its slowly moving that way

Yep.

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Yep.

Its kinda sad though, I was hoping for more of a non non byori/flying witch type thing, where its a more slow type slice of life series thats more of a showcase of the lives of these weird people. got my hopes up for no reason probably. The instant I saw a school setting and a biology teacher main character I knew some weird shit was gonna go down. 

1 hour ago, Tr3vor said:

Its kinda sad though, I was hoping for more of a non non byori/flying witch type thing, where its a more slow type slice of life series thats more of a showcase of the lives of these weird people. got my hopes up for no reason probably. The instant I saw a school setting and a biology teacher main character I knew some weird shit was gonna go down. 

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I've got one more episode in me before I write it off completely (plus it's not like Non Non and Flying Witch were all that great either).

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I've got one more episode in me before I write it off completely (plus it's not like Non Non and Flying Witch were all that great either).

They weren't great, but they were nice. This is neither great or nice. (or I mean, turning out to be)

45 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

They weren't great, but they were nice. This is neither great or nice. (or I mean, turning out to be)

Sure, we'll see. I remember feeling about the same way with both of those series, just instead of "obnoxious harem crap" they had "obnoxious slice of nothing crap" (even if I prefer the latter).

At least I feel a bit better about the shows I watched tonight.

Little Witch Academia (2). on the fence.
Here we get examples both of the screenplay's cleverness, and its lameness. For once, I'm going to focus more on the good, because Trigger have shown themselves to be competent with cliches, so that stuff doesn't concern me as much. Moreover, they're still improving their craft as time goes on. Not only do they at least try to plant details before letting them bloom, but they also tie it all together (albeit way too conveniently). It's almost like they have one screenplay team to do the grunt work, and one to try to elevate it a cut above. Attentive viewers will notice little touches like a particular character being in the intro in the first episode, hidden in plain sight. Inattentive viewers will at least see that the focus here is on characterization, not just wasting your time with flashy effects and lame dialogue. That is, generally appreciable qualities which help the slightly clumsy storytelling along.

Little Witch Academia (3). on the fence.
I guess the director for this episode had ADHD or something? It was frenetic to a fault. In fact I think I have a love/hate relationship with this franchise. I can't tell what Trigger wants it to be. Whatever it is, they're clearly having the same infectious fun with it that they generally do with their series, so I'm happy enough. But it really doesn't strike me as anything special when they're just flitting from cliche to cliche while doing their usual shtick, either. Especially when they just suddenly go for broke with immersion-breaking comedy sketches. They at least have just enough hints of a little more depth in there, but they're still pretty cookie-cutter. I find myself worried that it'll just end up being another Kill la Kill style wank-fest. Fun, but tiring, and not really amounting to much when all's said and done. It's the curse of not living up to the expectations you set for yourself, and making your viewers have to settle.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (3). typical.
Speaking of settling... should I settle for "meh" with this one? Yeah, I guess I might as well. It turns out that without the more glaring flaws of the earlier episodes, KyoAni has pretty much turned this show into anime Wonderbread. I'm borderline okay with that, as this is serving well enough as a sleep aid, but it barely even feels like the manga anymore. If you're going to veer this far off the path, it's generally a good idea to add a bit more "something" to the proceedings. Sure, Kanna's adorable and all (surprised they didn't have her circle around like a puppy before sleeping), but it's not enough to carry a series. What I'd really like is more of what they did with Fafnir, where they improved that video game joke by having him fighting against a dragon. I feel the source material deserves at least that level of effort, rather than merely being stretched out in case there isn't enough material to fill out a whole season.

Little witch academia episode 3.... ooooooooh boi

I know we're talking about a world with unpractical shit like potions that turn your legs into frog legs, but come on, even they have to have rules for a fucking broom flying relay race.

xKPwjMEvOep7CtdiNSLZEt-Qz6QepAUJ0qVNx1JJ

3 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

Little witch academia episode 3.... ooooooooh boi

I know we're talking about a world with unpractical shit like potions that turn your legs into frog legs, but come on, even they have to have rules for a fucking broom flying relay race.

Come on... how else would Akko get to fly around the world in 20 seconds on her new broom in a comedic, slapsticky kind of way? Plus she already fought a Godzilla-sized chicken with the power of nagging, so this is nothin' :)

8 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Come on... how else would Akko get to fly around the world in 20 seconds on her new broom in a comedic, slapsticky kind of way? Plus she already fought a Godzilla-sized chicken with the power of nagging, so this is nothin' :)

Yeah, its fun, but in the back of my mind there is a little voice whispering "aww come on, man".