Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
12 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Have you seen Claymore?

No I haven't, but I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!

This man punches cougar to save dog - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-man-punches-cougar-at-tim-hortons-to-save-dog-1.3914210

So nice that the dog is fine! :3

------

I`m ending this year with over 15 400 gigabytes of traffic much of which is from anime and hentai. xD

8tH7C40.png

yfnTJDP.gif

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

5 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

This man punches cougar to save dog - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-man-punches-cougar-at-tim-hortons-to-save-dog-1.3914210

So nice that the dog is fine! :3

------

I`m ending this year with over 15 400 gigabytes of traffic much of which is from anime and hentai. xD

yfnTJDP.gif

Impressive

Old shit no one cares about but me.

can't decide which to buy with my remaining money: agarest complete saga or trails in the sky + disgaea?

I don`t know, but Happy New Year to you and to all!

9A2yOBs.gif

C1RYNz_UAAEfNkM.jpg

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

any9MEz_700b.jpg

f4jEN5A.gif

22 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

-snip-

Oh God, I'm having GTN flashbacks...

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Only few days before the first episode of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. I love the manga so much so I'm hyped af. :3

47 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

Only few days before the first episode of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. I love the manga so much so I'm hyped af. :3

I've read a bit of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon before, wasn't bad. I might watch it if I need a laugh.

I'm personally hyped for "Little Witch Academia TV", loved that OVA from a couple years ago and also for "Rewrite 2", even if season 1 didn't do "that well" with viewers(doesn't explain much, barely introduce characters or touch upon their background stories, hard to follow and enjoy if you didn't read the VN, not including the full oppai ending9_9, etc...), S2 should be better considering it's the Moon+Terra Arc from the VN, which is 100% linear.

While Moon still has the characters from S1 in it, it's short, shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 episodes, if not just the first episode. Then there's Terra, which is technically "10 years prior" and explain quite a few things, it also doesn't really feature the girls from S1 so that helps. So surely they can't fuck it up, right?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The truth for kaby lake :P

f05gB10.gif

Just saw Princess Mononoke in Theaters for the 20th Anniversary, I Don't know about the rest of you but definitely one of my most favorite animated films hands down. One of the interesting advertisement I saw was for Sword Art Online movie, I don't know about the rest of you but that anime should have ended after the first half of the first season before they go to elfworld.

Btw total new to this tread, I could not find want anime y'all are watching currently. Would one of you kind people point me in the right direction.

You're probably a 90s kid if you know the anime soundtracks below. The nostalgia is real.

Spoiler

There's more. Here are the three that I can remember. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

You're probably a 90s kid if you know the anime soundtracks below. The nostalgia is real.

Hide contents

There's more. Here are the three that I can remember. 

I never heard the japanese digimon one before.

Because I was watching the dub on TV... Obviously, since I don't believe there's a lot of 90s kid that were watching subbed anime straight from japan, when they lived in North America.

The internet was trash at the time and to even see japanese anime that weren't dubbed already, you'd have to go to some obscure store that sold foreign goods and get a VHS tape that had ugly yellow FANsubs on it, because it wasn't subbed by the company itself.

As for the other two, did they even air outside of Japan/asian countries? I certainly never saw them on TV here.(though I know of them now)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

56 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

As for the other two, did they even air outside of Japan/asian countries? I certainly never saw them on TV here.(though I know of them now)

In the US? I think so. They're both available on YouTube and they're both subbed in English.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

19 hours ago, Technicolors said:

has anyone watched Space Captain Harlock? 

I've seen the full movie posted on youtube but I've never watched it. 

A couple of the club members on discord have however. Apparently it's not complete trash.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So, after not watching any anime for a month or two, I've ended up going on a massive binge over the past 2 weeks. So, here's my (very short) thoughts on the series I have watched recently. 

New Game! - 7/10

A good, light hearted series about a graduate getting used to her first job at a game development company. Characters are funny, albeit a bit cliche and shallow. There's not really any major plot development, it's more about the everyday things that happen in the workplace. If you've ever watched Servant x Service, it has a very similar feel. 

80417l.jpg

ReLIFE - 7/10

Basically, a good for nothing 27 year old gets turned back into a high schooler and gets to decide how to relive his final year at high school. The anime basically follows the MC transitioning from a generally apathetic man into a caring and lively high school student again, giving him a new outlook on life. I enjoyed it, though it doesn't really leave any lasting memories, just a pleasant anime.

82149l.jpg

Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ Plus - 8/10

This is one of those series that I've started watching a couple of times but kept dropping it at the same point. I finally managed to get past that point and ended up really enjoying it. 

It's actually based on a dating sim and is split into multiple stories of the MC developing a relationship with different girls. Each girl gets 4 episodes for their arc and an extra 2 episodes showing what happens after the main arc, done in Amagami SS+ Plus. Because each arc starts from the same point in time, it's interesting to see how certain actions the MC takes drastically changes the later situations and therefore the girl he ends up with. It gives a sense of everything just being a matter of being in the right place at the right time. 

78699l.jpg

I enjoyed this series, even though I'm not really a dating sim player. Even if you don't mean to, you end up rating which arc you like most and which you like least. Here's my list from least favourite to most. Would be interesting to see other people's opinion on this if you've watched the series. 

6) Tsukasa Ayatsuji

114926.jpg 

I actually ended up skipping the majority of Ayatsuji's arc, partially because it's very late in the series and I had already decided on my favourites. From what I did watch, none of it really appealed to me. I felt like some of the development in MC and Ayatsuji's relationship came out of nowhere and didn't feel genuine at all. 

5) Haruka Morishima

93782.jpg

Morishima's story is the first arc. She's the most popular girl in the school and is quite eccentric. She comes to like the MC, basically because of his persistence. To me, I find Morishima's character very annoying, particularly towards the end of her arc. 

4) Sae Nakata

93784.jpg

Nakata is really the first of the characters that I actually somewhat liked. She's very shy and timid, her arc basically covers how the MC helps her get over her shyness. While she does become less shy over time, it's still bit too much if you ask me. 

3) Rihoko Sakurai

154653.jpg

Rihoko Sakurai is basically only ever called Rihoko by any of the characters. MC's childhood friend and a glutton. Most of her arc focuses on her eating a lot and trying to diet. Rihoko is generally likeable and is amusing due to her clumsiness. MC never really ends up dating Rihoko, they just deepen their friendship, though it does go into how Rihoko has had feelings for MC for a very long time, as per usual for childhood friend characters. 

2) Kaoru Tanamachi

93778.jpg

MC's close friend from their last school. Somewhat rough and tomboy-ish, but reveals a more feminine side to MC as the arc progresses. I liked how the SS+ Plus episodes showed her and MC overcoming problems in their relationship, rather than everything being all smiles. There's also a fair bit of comedy with her character, which is nice. 

1) Ai Nanasaki

101410.jpg

Nanasaki is the best of the six hands down, to me. While most of the other girls are very set in their character type, Nanasaki's arc covers a much larger range of interactions and emotions. At points she is assertive and others she is more timid, making a good dynamic. She has one of the better SS+ Plus stories too. 

0) Miya Tachibana

93951.jpg

Kind of a black horse and not one of the six girls the story is about. Miya ("Myaa") Tachibana is the MC's little sister and she's freaking adorable. There's some bonus episodes dedicated to her, showing MC's brotherly affection and her probably something more than sisterly affection for MC. She often calls herself Myaa (as in, Nyaa) and calls her brother "Nii-ni". While there's no romantic relationship with MC (not that the incest thing is exactly taboo with a lot of anime), she's probably my favourite character (it's okay, I don't have a little sister). 

Keijo!!!!!!!! - 7.5/10

This anime is.... Ridiculous. It's basically an anime dedicated to making fun of shounen sports anime. It focuses around Kaminashi Nozomi, a gymnast who is starting at a new school that trains Keijo players. It follows Kaminashi as she improves at her sport, aiming to become a pro Keijo player and ultimately make a lot of money in the process.

Oh yeah... What is Keijo? It's basically a type of Judo, except it's on a small "land" on water, you can only touch the land with your feet and you cannot go in the water. The goal is to knock the other players down or into the water... Using only your butt and boobs, use of other body parts is against the rules.

Overall, this anime is very funny and light hearted, but still manages to make to sport interesting to watch, due to the ridiculousness of the powers and special moves involved with the sport. Kaminashi's special move is the "Vacuum Butt Cannon", a very high powered move that also has its risks. Of course, due to the premise of the sport, this anime is full of "PLOT".

81906l.jpg

NHK ni Youkoso! - 10/10

Of all of the series I have finished recently, I deliberately left this one to "review" last. 

I don't even know where to start with this series, I could probably write several pages of my thoughts on this anime. I watched all 24 episodes back to back from about 11pm to 8am or so. After just looking around for some light hearted comedy/romance series, I stumbled across this on MAL and decided to give it a go as it seemed like it could be a good watch. I went in expecting some comedy and a little romance, and I got the comedy during the early stages of the series. A shut-in who has an annoying neighbour who constantly blasts the themesong from an anime (Puru Puru Pururin) and has some delusions about conspiracies. 

However, as the series progresses, the comedy starts to fade and more serious issues start popping up and the anime addresses them in some very hard to watch detail. Honestly, parts of this anime are simply painful to watch, especially if it's stuff you can relate to. The series covers some very real and difficult topics, such as suicide, loneliness, rejection, delusions, separation, feelings of abandonment and some even more complex issues, like wanting to be a part of society but not being able to fit in and ways to cope with feelings of helplessness. 

The characters in this series are all seriously flawed in terms of their personalities, which is what makes them so genuine and relatable. The two main-main characters (though, there are more) are Tatsuhiro Satou, a hikikomori who uses conspiracy theories to cope with why he struggles with social interactions, and Misaki Nakahara, a mysterious, but seemingly regular girl who takes it upon herself to cure Satou of his hikikomori condition. 

I went in with somewhat average expectations of this series, but after having dwelt on the series for a week or so after finishing it, I have decided it is tied as my favourite series ever, along with the Monogatari series. Anyone who knows my love for the Monogatari series knows that's a pretty big deal for me. @MyInnerFred  @Laputacake

52675l.jpg

Also, here's the Puru Puru Pururin theme for you:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - Expecting 10/10

I'm currently watching this series. I'm enjoying it to the point where all the other series I'm working through have been put on hold until I finish both seasons of this. At the time of writing, I have just finished the first season, so have another 12 episodes to go. 

This series gives off very similar vibes to Akatsuki no Yona, another of my few 10/10 series. Like Yona, Shirayuki has red hair that gets her a lot of attention, (she cuts it, like Yona does). She ends up running away from a Prince of her country who wants her to become his concubine. She ends up meeting a price of a neighbouring country. The series follows Shirayuki as she peruses her ambition of becoming an expert herbalist, as well as her relationship with the prince, Zen. 

Much like Akatsuki no Yona, the series has a strong female lead who is determined to achieve her ambitions. Though, also like Yona, Shirayuki occasionally needs protecting as she progresses towards her goal. I'm expecting this to be a 10/10 series if it continues in the direction it has been going so far. It's somewhat of a nice change from NHK ni Youkoso!. While NHK is, IMO, a masterpiece, it is also extremely hard to watch at parts. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is generally a very feel-good anime with nice characters. 

75764l.jpg

I apologise for the long post. Spoilers are just flat out broken for me on all my devices, so I can't use them to hide some of the images. I had a few months of not feeling like watching any anime, but recently I've not wanted to watch anything else. Nice to get back into it again, I guess I just needed a break. I have a bunch of series ready to watch, but I've put them all on hold until I finish Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. I still have the last 5 episodes of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu to get through, but I've been putting it off for a while because I'm pretty damn certain Subaru doesn't end up with Rem, the fucking idiot. 

Man, NHK ni Youkoso! is painful.

nhk gif.gif

This is too good to not be shared. xD

anyoEMV_700b.jpg

Anybody here been able to watch little witch. Netflix seems to have bought the rights to it and I don't know where to watch it. Was wondering if it was worth finding or if i should just wait.

26 minutes ago, MadOne627 said:

Anybody here been able to watch little witch. Netflix seems to have bought the rights to it and I don't know where to watch it. Was wondering if it was worth finding or if i should just wait.

Right now, until Netflix puts the episodes up, you would have to deal with regular fansubs. So far I'm only aware of two subs doing this show and they aren't the greatest out there in terms of quality.

If you do not know how or where to get those subs, then I'm sorry, we can't help you. Such talk would be promoting piracy and isn't allowed here.

Just wait it out, I'm sure netflix will start uploading them soon™

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If you do not know how or where to get those subs, I'm sorry, we can't help you. Such talk would be promoting piracy and isn't allowed here.

Just wait it out, I'm sure netflix will start uploading them soon.

I understand. I was asking if it was of the same quality as the kickstarter animation. Also it was my understanding Netflix was going to put it all up at once like Seven Deadly Sins. Those who don't know Japanese or willing to sail the deadly internet sees will have to wait until the season is over.

Just going to leave this here in case it brightens someone's day

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:10 PM, Technicolors said:

has anyone watched Space Captain Harlock? 

I have watched it. well the cgi version at least. its a nice movie. I have a thing for battleships so I may be slightly bias.

Blarg