Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I binge watched  'Your Lie In April' last night, ended up watching all 22+1 episodes in pretty much a single session.

Ended up teary-eyed at least a dozen times while watching it. Not for everyone because of it being so melodramatic, but I give it a high score regardless.

kazui_kurosaki_by_maithagor-darbego.jpg

So adorable! :D

making_of_a_crossover_fanart_by_ladygt93

Such collab would be funny af! xD

Btw I have not seen any of Kuroshitsuji.

kuroshitsuji_by_imarx67-d7t30wc.png

Mainly because I think is probably too yaoi~like for me. Or am I wrong?

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

5 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

Btw I have not seen any of Kuroshitsuji.

Mainly because I think is probably too yaoi~like for me. Or am I wrong?

I can certainly see how you could feel it's yaoi-like from the fan arts and maybe some screenshots, but it really isn't. It's a gory supernatural mystery type of anime. Any sort of "yaoi" in this is just a fantasy from certain people/characters.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I can certainly see how you could feel it's yaoi-like from the fan arts and maybe some screenshots, but it really isn't. It's a gory supernatural mystery type of anime. Any sort of "yaoi" in this is just a fantasy from certain people/characters.

I thought it had slight yaoi themes though?

Nothing wrong if it did I just thought that's what I'd heard.

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Watched episode 11 of magical girl raising project today.

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck Swim Swim.

Is that any good?    I believe I've heard the title somewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is that any good?    I believe I've heard the title somewhere.  

Did you watch Madoka and think "this was good, but I want more suffering" then yes, you will love it.

It's kind of like Battle royal but with cute magical girls. I like it, but it is pretty infuriating.

Title: Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Did you watch Madoka and think "this was good, but I want more suffering" then yes, you will love it.

It's kind of like Battle royal but with cute magical girls. I like it, but it is pretty infuriating.

Title: Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

I love Madoka.  The series not the underage main character.  ?

Though I'm tempted to say Yuki Yuna is a Hero is more tragic and horribly sad. lol

Would you say Magical Girl Raising Project is more or less sad than Yuki Yuna?  

(Or compared to Madoka if you haven't seen Yuki Yuna.)

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I love Madoka.  The series not the underage main character.  ?

Though I'm tempted to say Yuki Yuna is a Hero is more tragic and horribly sad. lol

Would you say Magical Girl Raising Project is more or less sad than Yuki Yuna?  

(Or compared to Madoka if you haven't seen Yuki Yuna.)

Haven't seen Yuki Yuna.

If I had to compare the two then I'd say Madoka was a KO, while Keikaku is like being repeatedly pushed in the face but never quite hard enough to knock you out.

That's probably because the amount of suffering is overall higher in Keikaku, but it's spread out over 16 different characters, instead of a handful.

25 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Haven't seen Yuki Yuna.

If I had to compare the two then I'd say Madoka was a KO, while Keikaku is like being repeatedly pushed in the face but never quite hard enough to knock you out.

That's probably because the amount of suffering is overall higher in Keikaku, but it's spread out over 16 different characters, instead of a handful.

If you like Madoka and this series you should watch Yuki Yuna.  It's very sad/tragic but very good.

What about Magicak Girl Raising Project is infuriating btw?

Spoiler

Also, who or what is "swim swim"?

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What about Magicak Girl Raising Project is infuriating btw?

Telling you would spoil things. It's not some plothole or anything like that, or even poorly written characters. It's just that some things that happen makes you go "I hope this little girl dies a horrible death".

No comment on Swim Swim. You'll have to see for yourself.

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's this?

D.Gray Man Hallow

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Oh by the way, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku has a fantastic ED song. It also shows you all the characters.

Swim swim is the girl at 0:37 (in the school swimsuit).

Warning: Lots of spoilers in the comment section.

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Telling you would spoil things. It's not some plothole or anything like that, or even poorly written characters. It's just that some things that happen makes you go "I hope this little girl dies a horrible death".

No comment on Swim Swim. You'll have to see for yourself.

Ah.  Ok.  Yeah I wouldn't want you to spoil it for me.  

Remind me never to make you angry.  ??

9 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

D.Gray Man Hallow

Thank you.  How is it?

25 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Oh by the way, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku has a fantastic ED song. It also shows you all the characters.

Swim swim is the girl at 0:37 (in the school swimsuit).

Warning: Lots of spoilers in the comment section.

You're right.  I love that song.  Even though I don't understand Japanese.  

ED means it's the ending song correct?

The girls all look cute.    Would it spoil anything to explain why Swim swim wears a school swimsuit? 

Not that I'm complaining.    I like the way those look those on girls a lot.

23 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Thank you.  How is it?

It's good but also quite the cliffhanger since it's a sequel of the longer D.Gray Man series back in 2006 and the manga is not yet done so Hallow only has 13 episodes.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

35 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

ED means it's the ending song correct?

Yes.

OP = Opening

ED = Ending

35 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Would it spoil anything to explain why Swim swim wears a school swimsuit? 

It's just her magical girl outfit. All the girls in the OP are in their "magical girl forms" and their outfits (usually) matches their powers.

There are some exceptions though.

I highly recommend it. Probably my favorite show this season.

40 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I like the way those look those on girls a lot.

Good taste. I love how the classic school swimsuit looks too.

It's one of my fetishes.

Aiv01wk.png

I`m done.

blfi.gif

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

It's good but also quite the cliffhanger since it's a sequel of the longer D.Gray Man series back in 2006 and the manga is not yet done so Hallow only has 13 episodes.

Cool.  I'll try to check it out at some point.  I have D. Gray Man but I haven't watched it yet so I'd need to watch that first anyway.  ?

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Yes.

OP = Opening

ED = Ending

It's just her magical girl outfit. All the girls in the OP are in their "magical girl forms" and their outfits (usually) matches their powers.

There are some exceptions though.

I highly recommend it. Probably my favorite show this season.

Good taste. I love how the classic school swimsuit looks too.

It's one of my fetishes.

Isn't that the ending song though?

(The video you showed.)

I'll defintely have to watch it soon then.  ?

I really like the few magical girl shows I've seen.  I think I've only watched Madoka and Yuki Yuna and a few Sailor Moon episodes though it's possible I'm forgetting something.

Are there other good magical girl anime that you know of?

Do you know why they seem to have a common theme of sadness/suffering/tragedy?

I'd love to see some happy magical girl anime too.  

Thank you.  That type of swimsuit is one of my fetishes too.  ?

Kimonos are another of mine.  

I love how girls look in them too.  Also the various pretty patterns on kimonos are awesome.

Edit: I almost forgot Japanese school uniforms too.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Isn't that the ending song though?

(The video you showed.)

Oops, yes it is.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Are there other good magical girl anime that you know of?

Not that I know of. Gakkougurashi has the same tone and style, but doesn't involve magical girls. You know what, watch episode 1 without looking up anything about the show. It will hit you like a truck right in the feels.

Made by the same studio as magical girl raising project.

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd love to see some happy magical girl anime too.  

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, but only if you are OK with lolis.

I would post some gifs to illustrate why, but my posts would probably just get deleted. It's very NSFW. Got some superb action scenes too. You might need to have a basic understanding of the Fate universe to understand everything that happens though.

10 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Oops, yes it is.

Not that I know of. Gakkougurashi has the same tone and style, but doesn't involve magical girls. You know what, watch episode 1 without looking up anything about the show. It will hit you like a truck right in the feels.

Made by the same studio as magical girl raising project.

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, but only if you are OK with lolis.

I would post some gifs to illustrate why, but my posts would probably just get deleted. It's very NSFW. Got some superb action scenes too. You might need to have a basic understanding of the Fate universe to understand everything that happens though.

It's ok.  

I'll try to check that out too.  Do you know if Crunchyroll has it?

I'm ok with lolis so no worries there.  

Again, does Crunchyroll have Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya?

Or is there somewhere else to watch it?

There's slice of life or comedy spin-off of Re:Zero isn't there?  

Or was that one of the Fate anime series?    

I'm not familiar with any of them.  Would like to see them though.  No idea where has them I think I'd looked on Crunchyroll but I don't think they have them all.   Not that I know how many Fate anime there are.  

I still need to watch Re:Zero.  Crunchyroll has that right?  

24 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's ok.  

I'm ok with lolis so no worries there.  

Again, does Crunchyroll have Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya?

Or is there somewhere else to watch it?

Or was that one of the Fate anime series?    

I'm not familiar with any of them.  Would like to see them though.  No idea where has them I think I'd looked on Crunchyroll but I don't think they have them all.   Not that I know how many Fate anime there are.  

Crunchyroll does have Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya. Every season of it. It is a spin off of Fate/Stay Night.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya
Just make sure you don't start with the last season by sorting the episodes by "Oldest"

Crunchyroll does have Re:Zero, yes.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/rezero-starting-life-in-another-world-

The Fate anime series has 3 anime.
-Fate/Stay Night. The original anime from 2006. It's not on crunchyroll. It's up to you to find them. But a simple google search of the name of the anime + streaming should give you some .tv link and... I really can't say much more. I think I already said too much.

-Fate/Unlimited Blade Works. It has two seasons. It is an alternative retelling of F/SN, focusing more on Rin/Archer instead of Shirou/Saber. IMO it's much better. This one is on CrunchyRoll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatestay-night

-Fate/Zero. It is the prequel. You can watch it before or after you've watched the other series. I suggest After you've watched F/SN and UBW since it doesn't explain some things as much as the previous anime.

This one is on CrunchyRoll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatezero

There's also a movie based on UBW, it's good and all, but just watch the anime series instead, goes more in-depth.

Then there's a few spin offs, but the most notable one is Fate/Kaleid Prisma Illya. This is basically the ideal world, I suggest you watch this AFTER you've seen F/SN, UBW and Zero. Because even if it is a Spin-Off, it uses the same character, it's still essentially the same world where the Holy Grail War happened, just a slightly better ending for some characters in this. (As in, they aren't dead or trying to kill each other)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I think Crunchroll has both Gakkougurashi (under the English title "School-Live!") and Illya. At least they used to.

I don't think so. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya is a slice-of-life/comedy spinoff of the Fate series though. Maybe you're getting Fate and Re:Zero mixed up.

There are way too many. It's based on a visual novel which has multiple routes, and they have made and remade the different routes into different anime so it's kind of a clusterfuck.

The important ones are (if you ask me):

Fate/Zero (and Fate/Zero 2nd season) - The prequal and arguably the best story taking place in the Fate universe.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (the prologue first, and season 2 afterwards) - One of the main routes of the original Fate/Stay Night game.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya - Spinoff where some characters from Fate/Stay Night become magical girls.

Just a warning, Fate/Zero and Fate/SN are both really slow in the beginning. They both start with huge info dumps which sets up the world and rules. It's a pretty big turnoff, but the shows become great once they start picking up steam.

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yes, and it's great.