Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
11 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I can understand the costs with that. Part of the problem with people is that most of them never used metric.

I'm part of the group that understands that metric is better however the cost of converting over to fully metric makes it hard for me personally to do that.

For the most part I would probably rather use decimal inches rather then fractional however that really messes with people as well.

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

I'm part of the group that understands that metric is better however the cost of converting over to fully metric makes it hard for me personally to do that.

For the most part I would probably rather use decimal inches rather then fractional however that really messes with people as well.

What?

You mean you don't enjoy dealing with lbf, lbm, and slugs?

Error: 410

Not much time for anime tonight, and what I watched was less entertaining than the Game Grump's best of January episode.

Snow White with the Red Hair (7). so-so.
It's disappointing that this is all they had in mind for Zen's brother. Ditto that the relationship between Zen and Shirayuki is the actual focus of the episode, despite it having the depth of a thimble. This show just has no skill at conveying emotional meaning unless it's with wooden dialogue, and even then said dialogue is usually repetitive nonsense about "walking my path". What am I supposed to be feeling, guys? There's no threat or conflict here that isn't soon brushed aside, and Shirayuki is a complete cipher as a character. I get that she's the type that easily wins people over, but so far the only reason she can is because she doesn't understand human social interactions. She's more of a gynoid than the girls in Dimension W and Koukaku no Pandora. But hey, she hugged Zen, so I guess she must have feelings buried somewhere deep inside of her.

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut (2). so-so.
What a pile of typical trash this anime is. All it has going for it is the fact that it doesn't seem to give a crap, and just flits from cliche to cliche like a deranged radio DJ on his last day at the job. Once the novelty of that wears off, there'll be nothing here for anyone unless they live and breathe for harem series. It's even difficult to discuss what's going on... what do you talk about? The uninteresting random CGI mecha battle, or the standard cackling villain? Everything is still just a cliche after two episodes. The broken pacing is all this show has going for it so far, and I don't think it'll improve. The minute it slows down a bit, it'll be derivative AND boring.

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut (3). mediocre.
The obligatory "girls fight over the MC" episode. Frankly this was tedious. Not much of actual interest happened, and the pacing was slower so the randomness of the events was far more jarring. There are some generic harem hijinks for half the episode, then we learn that there's some kind of key thing, and then that "Krulcifer" then wants to get out of her convenient arranged marriage. The "action scene" of the episode was just some easily dispatched faceless dudes who show up out of nowhere, and then politely let their asses get kicked without putting up a fight - easily the lamest action scene I've seen in a while. Then there was a lazily-written setup for an honor-duel over the arranged marriage, and that's about it. So yeah, my interest has indeed hit rock bottom now that the show slowed down too much. This is now just another lame "pool of light novel sludge" harem anime, which has the gall to call itself ecchi despite having not had any ecchi content since the first episode.

24 minutes ago, Charger said:

It's like trying to take away guns from Americans, we're already in too deep. 

1 minute ago, Jacona said:

agreed however both have been done in other countries. Australia with guns and uk with a half assed metric conversion 

4 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Kinder eggs are illegal AFAIK , but semi ( and depending on the year of registration ) and auto assault rifles can be purchased with no issues.

I think thats pretty hilarious .

I"m actually quite surprised that your tape measures only have imperial. I have honestly never seen a measuring device with only one or the other. They always have both up here. I guess American manufacturers are too prideful or something.

1 minute ago, zappian said:

Kinder eggs are illegal AFAIK , but semi ( and depending on the year of registration ) and auto assault rifles can be purchased with no issues.

Don't you live somewhere in Europe or am I delusional? To be fair though if just glossing over /k/ is anything to go by, most people end up with whatever gun they want if they put a little effort into acquiring it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

12 minutes ago, Jacona said:
7 minutes ago, zappian said:

[broken quote]

those are very different comparisons

and kinder eggs aren't going to keep my streets clean of minorities, you damn commie

Error: 410

2 minutes ago, Opask said:

Don't you live somewhere in Europe or am I delusional? To be fair though if just glossing over /k/ is anything to go by, most people end up with whatever gun they want if they put a little effort into acquiring it.

Not where I live in the us. We have a decent amount of regulations and bans on what we can get as well as background checks and waiting periods for anything. 

7 minutes ago, Charger said:

Not where I live in the us. We have a decent amount of regulations and bans on what we can get as well as background checks and waiting periods for anything. 

That's when we start making our own guns with paper-mache. 

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

I meant in Europe. Probably because they are close to Russia relatively speaking.

Its pretty hard to get anything beyond a rifle in Canada due to our regulations as well. My uncle has a semi-auto shotgun but that is probably one of the most impressive things the general public can get their hands on.  Probably the only people who end up with a license for sidearms are ex-police and ex-military.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

27 minutes ago, zappian said:

Kinder eggs being illegal is one of the most bs things I have ever heard. Its so stupid. 

22 minutes ago, Opask said:

I"m actually quite surprised that your tape measures only have imperial. I have honestly never seen a measuring device with only one or the other. They always have both up here. I guess American manufacturers are too prideful or something.

Something like that. I figured there would be some options. 

18 minutes ago, Charger said:

Well its California. Now if we could get them to stop moving north that would be great.

Blarg

Theoretically im on a 75 / 75  connection but only getting .9 / 1.5 over wifi... probaby a combination of shit isp router / shit wifi dongles as well has over-saturation of wifi channels I need to find a way to run some cat5-6 in this place

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

Theoretically im on a 75 / 75  connection but only getting .9 / 1.5 over wifi... probaby a combination of shit isp router / shit wifi dongles as well has over-saturation of wifi channels I need to find a way to run some cat5-6 in this place

Wow that's pretty bad, are you sure you're really getting those 75?, but yeah maybe it's that shitty  combination

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

7 minutes ago, azurezeed said:

Wow that's pretty bad, are you sure you're really getting those 75?, but yeah maybe it's that shitty  combination

Normally I get 15 /15 on wireless and it drops to 1/1 from time to time I have tested with a wired connecton when i was getting 1 /1 wireless and was getting 50 /50 wired in the past before it was upgraded recently. Wireless has kind of just been a joke since I moved here which is why I gave up on competitive cs since it was a horribly unpredictable connection.

So.........ive done something my mind has temped me to do for a while

dont yell at me here Yell at me in the comment section

its yours...

now run!

A human who wants so destroy all else

-demonic satan Duane

1 hour ago, Opask said:

The laws regarding firearms, other weapons and self-defense varies within Europe from country to country, much like it varies in US state to state.Though the European Union has been trying to make it the same everywhere... by banning them all, and hoping that it'll decrease criminality.

They were trying to hurry it up in the confusion right after the terrorist attack in Paris, thankfully a few countries disagreed with the new guideline, I don't know for certain what countries did, but at least Northern Europe pretty much turned that guideline down. What that guideline was about: only authority (police and government officials) could legally carry firearms, and this excluded everyone else, from civilians (for example hunters) to military. The opinions were mixed, to say at least...

I might be wrong in some (if not all) regards to this particular topic, so don't trust my words. Also lets hope this doesn't spark another argument that closes the thread... Topics like these have a tendency to do that.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

18 minutes ago, Ruostunut kokis said:

I might be wrong in some (if not all) regards to this particular topic, so don't trust my words. Also lets hope this doesn't spark another argument that closes the thread... Topics like these have a tendency to do that.

Not sure why discussing guns would get a thread closed but whatever I guess.

Anyways the only reason I had europe on my mind was because my friend keeps linking me videos and pictures of some guy(?) he ran into on omegle(or some other garbage) who dresses up as an anime girl, has a finnish flag behind him, and has multiple assault rifles. Maybe its you (or @Typho) and you just haven't told us that you like dressing up like an anime girl. Not that I would judge or anything it might be fun, especially to mess with people on the internet like this guy was.

Edit: apparently this is him

https://youtu.be/RNpvKPHHxFU

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, helping said:

those are very different comparisons

and kinder eggs aren't going to keep my streets clean of minorities, you damn commie

You just aren't thinking young enough.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

41 minutes ago, Opask said:

Not sure why discussing guns would get a thread closed but whatever I guess.

Anyways the only reason I had europe on my mind was because my friend keeps linking me videos and pictures of some guy(?) he ran into on omegle(or some other garbage) who dresses up as an anime girl, has a finnish flag behind him, and has multiple assault rifles. Maybe its you (or @Typho) and you just haven't told us that you like dressing up like an anime girl. Not that I would judge or anything it might be fun, especially to mess with people on the internet like this guy was.

Edit: apparently this is him

https://youtu.be/RNpvKPHHxFU

I'm not a finn, who said I was a finn :ph34r: (Hides under a bed) / Unfortunately I am :c

One of those moments when I don't want my nationality to be recognized xD

Btw speaking of Omegle I have never been there o.O and I won't :D

I somehow think Omegle= Chatroulette  => Something very veery suspicious that needs to be avoided ;)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya