Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

at least more then you, because at least i know stuff and i know that XFX PSU'S!!!! ARE MADE BY SEASONIC!!!!! WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE BEST OF THE BEST

I wish more of your posts showed your elite knowledge then as you're building a custom case that doesn't even fit your own needs....

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I'm probably gonna end up having 4-5 people using at any 1 time

Ah. Then that CPU you chose will likely not handle that well.

This one then: http://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-A1SAI-2750F-O-Eight-Motherboard-Combo/dp/B00F0YROSC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1443396012&sr=1-1&keywords=Supermicro+A1SAI-2750f

Or this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157475

Ignore the "quad-core SoC" thing, directly under that it states "Octa-core".

Those are the 8 core big brothers of the first two boards I listed. The Intel Atom C2750 CPU that they both have can handle 3-4 1080p Plex streams. Limit everyone (but you ofc) to 720p and you should be fine. There's a large jump from 720p->1080p in terms of required conversion power.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

i know they only have 3tb writes on em too :/

im not american you fool xD 

agreed , asus low end boards have been kinda sketchy 

Well I don't really care where you live but on my small island here in the UK the SSDnow and the 850 are not the same price, the 850 has more of a markup on it. I assumed all your partpicker links in dollars aka monopoly money was due to you being in yankland.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

A balls to the walls SSD isn't needed

an SSD that is going to run at a speed comparable to a hard drive after a while isn't worth it. Might as well just buy a hard drive.

there are SSDs that are no more than 10$ difference that are actually capable of maintaining "SSD" tier speeds over time.

Newer V300's are a complete failure of an SSD.

Fair enough, will keep this in mind when I buy another to raid, probably retire it to be an open world game generator like Dayz and fallout4.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Those are the 8 core big brothers of the first two boards I listed. The Intel Atom C2750 CPU that they both have can handle 3-4 1080p Plex streams. Limit everyone (but you ofc) to 720p and you should be fine. There's a large jump from 720p->1080p in terms of required conversion power.

A true warhorse,

Error: 410

Well I don't really care where you live but on my small island here in the UK the SSDnow and the 850 are not the same price, the 850 has more of a markup on it. I assumed all your partpicker links in dollars aka monopoly money was due to you being in yankland.

topkek there's a $20 markup here as well , but imo worth it if yall can afford (just my opinion , agree or disagree at will)  

yank land ? no no i live in Canada rn , big difference man xP

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

That feel when you become a scanlator, and now when you read other people's scanlations you notice every missing/erroneous detail and just have to shrug it off instead of instinctively reaching to open the image file and fix things.

Ah, trying not to work at home when you are trying to relax. Must be hard.

Unrelated to that: Do you know if those things on Vash's gloves are brass-knuckle-like things or what?

Like, look at your avatar. The 4 rings on his fingers. That's the only thing I could think of.

Then again, I guess the Trigun universe (AFAIK) isn't really fleshed out that much. You got both manga series and the anime + the movie and that's it right?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

at least more then you, because at least i know stuff and i know that XFX PSU'S!!!! ARE MADE BY SEASONIC!!!!! WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE BEST OF THE BEST

Ik that it's just shit bad looking.

seasonic and superflower = goodness 

Superflower is bae.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

topkek there's a $20 markup here as well , but imo worth it if yall can afford (just my opinion , agree or disagree at will)  

yank land ? no no i live in Canada rn , big difference man xP

Ah you're a fake american makes sense, and $20 dollars is nothing that's £13 here in real money.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Ah, trying not to work at home when you are trying to relax. Must be hard.

Unrelated to that: Do you know if those things on Vash's gloves are brass-knuckle-like things or what?

Like, look at your avatar. The 4 rings on his fingers. That's the only thing I could think of.

Then again, I guess the Trigun universe (AFAIK) isn't really fleshed out that much. You got both manga series and the anime + the movie and that's it right?

I think that's just a stylistic visual detail. Yeah, there's the manga, anime, and Badlands Rumble (unless I've missed some more obscure things). Trigun doesn't go into incredible detail about its setting, especially since it's more of a showy character piece. There's not really much of a need for Tolkien style world-building or whatever.

XFX is OEM'd buy Seasonic and Superflower. But Superflower has the highest Reputation for reliability and longevity. My PSU is from Superflower and its still going, could probably go another 5 years if I wasn't an overclocking junkie <3

most of there psu's are made by seasonic, i dont think i have seen any made by superflower

I wish more of your posts showed your elite knowledge then as you're building a custom case that doesn't even fit your own needs....

than you should see me outside of off topic

Ik that it's just shit bad looking.

Superflower is bae.

looks mean nothing to mean, what means stuff to me is quality, and you had no reason to call XFX psu's shit just because of looks and just because 1, 1 of your friends [su which was XFX die

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

That feel when you become a scanlator, and now when you read other people's scanlations you notice every missing/erroneous detail and just have to shrug it off instead of instinctively reaching to open the image file and fix things.

Shouldn't that be appreciated?

If i did something wrong and someone corrects me i'd thank that person. You can't improve if you're not criticized/corrected :P

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Shouldn't that be appreciated?

If i did something wrong and someone corrects me i'd thank that person. You can't improve if you're not criticized/corrected :P

I guess, but when it's something scanlated quite a long while ago, and the scanlators stopped working on it already, it seems kind of a waste :)

most of there psu's are made by seasonic, i dont think i have seen any made by superflower

looks mean nothing to mean, what means stuff to me is quality, and you had no reason to call XFX psu's shit just because of looks and just because 1, 1 of your friends [su which was XFX die

You should learn your OEM's more then hun <3

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I salute your efforts!

f7abd84cba7a84d02e99e67ae3ee3e4e49829bfc

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ah. Then that CPU you chose will likely not handle that well.

This one then: http://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-A1SAI-2750F-O-Eight-Motherboard-Combo/dp/B00F0YROSC/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1443396012&sr=1-1&keywords=Supermicro+A1SAI-2750f

Ignore the "quad-core SoC" thing, directly under that it states "Octa-core".

I'll be probably getting the second one then.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

The CPU & Motherboard are $270ish. Just get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157419If you question it's power, it can transcode ~2 1080p streams at once on Plex. Should be plenty honestly depending on how many people you will have using the server at once.If you don't like ASRock (their server motherboards are their best motherboards), then get the Supermicro version: http://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-Mini-A1SAI-2550F-O-Motherboard-Combo/dp/B00HS4N6SEBasically it's a choice between 12 SATA ports & 5 LAN ports. Both are rockin' though.

I don't recommend that. Because that's what I did. Uses tons of power and is gimped by older FSB technology. AMD's Servers were better than Intels in the DDR2 era because they were the first to not use a Front Side Bus.

Huh? This uses ddr3. It shouldn't take that much power I don't think, though it definitely will take more than the boards that you've linked. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

You should learn your OEM's more then hun <3

i know, i talk a lot about psu's and i know that XFX sells quality psu's so anything from them will be good

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I don't see any .cue files. I must be doing something wrong.

are you trying to convert the touhou stuff? 

Galax 980ti LN2 HOF's

there are a pair of galax 980 ti ln2 hof on craigslist near me. $1400 for both.

Blarg

there are a pair of galax 980 ti ln2 hof on craigslist near me. $1400 for both.

sounds like a good deal to me 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

are you trying to convert the touhou stuff? there are a pair of galax 980 ti ln2 hof on craigslist near me. $1400 for both.

I'm gonna be getting the name on 1 backplate to be "Death" and the other 1 is gonna be "To Voltage"

|King Of The Lost|

sounds like a good deal to me

they have an ugly green on them.

I'm gonna be getting the name on 1 backplate to be "Death" and the other 1 is gonna be "To Voltage"

dominator and conquerer are these two.

Blarg