Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

You know the photo is Wo Class?

I play the game (Lv. 101 TTK with married Lv. 122 Fumizuki, UN:ハーミット Server: Paramushir)... Of course I know (and prep my AA equips and fighter planes) her on sight...

I'm just slightly pissed that I didn't clear the last event until the final extra mission...

cbddf318c3.jpg

I play the game (Lv. 101 TTK with married Lv. 122 Fumizuki, UN:ハーミット Server: Paramushir)... Of course I know (and prep my AA equips and fighter planes) her on sight...

I'm just slightly pissed that I didn't clear the last event until the final extra mission...

cbddf318c3.jpg

I still can't get into the game, but its all changing with Kancolle Kai LE on PS Vita

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I still can't get into the game, but its all changing with Kancolle Kai LE on PS Vita

They removed the slot raffles before the previous event...

if you do the regioncookie trick or connect via VPN, you should be able to join...

(check their twitter for details...)

wrapped up tamako market and its subsequent film today. the film is x100 better than the series. in fact the film can stand alone from the anime. speaking of the film, it was brilliant. very ordinary love story but it still tugged me pretty good, mostly because the direction was extremely spot-on. emotions were there, the pacing was there... really liked every minute of it 

meanwhile tamako market is probably something you'd watch on a rainy day and forget everything about it long after you've finished it. so essentially a SoL show without development. 

They removed the slot raffles before the previous event...

if you do the regioncookie trick or connect via VPN, you should be able to join...

(check their twitter for details...)

Hmmm I'll have to give it another go around.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

So... Moonbeam City Episode 2.

It started like the first did. It feels great, is funny, wtv. Then it hits the "this is too ridiculous" part fairly quickly, and that lasts until about halfway through the episode. Then it gets funny again, then a quick dash of ridiculous, then more funny as the episode ends.

Would I watch it again? Yes. But I have this thing where cringe is too much and I just don't want to hear what's happening. I do it with movies too. That's what I mean by "too ridiculous".

Still, was worth it.

Now to start preparing for Vision of Escaflowne.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

wrapped up tamako market and its subsequent film today. the film is x100 better than the series. in fact the film can stand alone from the anime. speaking of the film, it was brilliant. very ordinary love story but it still tugged me pretty good, mostly because the direction was extremely spot-on. emotions were there, the pacing was there... really liked every minute of it 

meanwhile tamako market is probably something you'd watch on a rainy day and forget everything about it long after you've finished it. so essentially a SoL show without development. 

I should give Tamako Market another chance...

Hmmm I'll have to give it another go around.

go for it... (the Winter event should be rewarding...)

I dunno. I tried. Hopefully someone who is more experienced in seeding torrents can let me know the correct way to do it (plz).

Cool. Ubuntu is Debian based, so packages for Ubuntu generally do work for Debian. Are you on Ubuntu?

Edit: I don't think I have an fglrx-updates package to get :(

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=jessie&searchon=sourcenames&keywords=fglrx

/edit

Yes. That's the first thing I tried. And I think that actually is what got me the resolution thing to work. Hmm. But I did it with 15.7 and not 14.9 because obviously that wouldn't see the Fury X correctly.

Ya I'm running ubuntu on my main rig. Their forums seem to have lots of problems covered. I use it mostly cause I need something relatively reliable on my main rig. Even though Ubuntu has a load of useless bloat (most is removed in the gnome installer version.) When I get a laptop I'm going to install arch on it because I be using it mostly for documents and web browsing.

Kinda figured that wasn't a package in the debian repos. 

UUUUGGGGHHHH Why are you doing this debian

I don't even know what to do.

I updated my kernel to 4.2.1 and its still listed as 7300 series so theres that.

Also you can use xrandr to add custom resolutions to the open source drivers so that your display will be its native resolution. I don't really know how to use it so just google it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

snip

Gotcha

Scotch and cigars in my office tonight.

Texas, Omaha, or betting on new recruit fights again?

can you guys please stop fighting it's really hard to keep the carpet clean when there's blood in it :(

sign- the only janitor

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

It is good you should watch it.

ya its something you see coming that is for sure.

I didn't read your spoiler just in case, dont wanna spoil myself anymore :P

Uh yeah i guess, but even then people find it super feelsy? I was not watching it because animes that are feelsy as fuck actually make me sad for like a day or so xD so i was avoiding that.

don't forget all the death flags being thrown around...

Man is that obvious? Shit xD

I agree 100%

I watched the series because i just felt like i needed to, in order to watch the movie. But in reality i wanted to watch the movie, i don't regret watching the series, i think it was fine. I think if the series had the type of romance thing going on, would've been more succesful, and a movie giving closure to the relationship would've been the best thing ever. IIRC there was nowere nearly as much romance in the series as in the movies, or not at all.

Tbh i forgot everything after watching it, as you said. LOL. I think in the series just the boy had romance in his head, nothing from the girl.

I should give Tamako Market another chance...

Wait why did you drop it? 

sign- the only janitor

Is that a punch for @Laputacake ?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

ya you need to like slice of life for like it.

I enjoy slice of life if I enjoy the characters. Characters I like and music I like are my #1 reasons for watching an anime. The music has to put me in the right mood for it. 

I didn't particularly like or dislike Hyouka's characters. Not sure why. I imagine part of the reason Fred loves it so is because he sees some of himself in Oreki. Characters you can sympathize with or wtv are great and all that. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I was busy... It aired during my last few months in engineering as I was desperately trying to save myself from being thrown into the hell of having to process my readmission into the university...

I enjoy slice of life if I enjoy the characters. Characters I like and music I like are my #1 reasons for watching an anime. The music has to put me in the right mood for it.

I didn't particularly like or dislike Hyouka's characters. Not sure why. I imagine part of the reason Fred loves it so is because he sees some of himself in Oreki. Characters you can sympathize with or wtv are great and all that.

Same here... shitty characters tend to steer me away from the series...

Uh yeah i guess, but even then people find it super feelsy? I was not watching it because animes that are feelsy as fuck actually make me sad for like a day or so xD so i was avoiding that.

I agree 100%

I watched the series because i just felt like i needed to, in order to watch the movie. But in reality i wanted to watch the movie, i don't regret watching the series, i think it was fine. I think if the series had the type of romance thing going on, would've been more succesful, and a movie giving closure to the relationship would've been the best thing ever.

Is that a punch for @Laputacake ?

who? is he the one starting fights?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Ya I'm running ubuntu on my main rig. Their forums seem to have lots of problems covered. I use it mostly cause I need something relatively reliable on my main rig. Even though Ubuntu has a load of useless bloat (most is removed in the gnome installer version.) When I get a laptop I'm going to install arch on it because I be using it mostly for documents and web browsing.

Kinda figured that wasn't a package in the debian repos. 

UUUUGGGGHHHH Why are you doing this debian

I don't even know what to do.

I updated my kernel to 4.2.1 and its still listed as 7300 series so theres that.

Also you can use xrandr to add custom resolutions to the open source drivers so that your display will be its native resolution. I don't really know how to use it so just google it.

Noice.

I'll look up a way to get the beta fglrx drivers on Debian then.

Good to know.

xrandr fails with:

xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default

I Googled it and it lead me to a forum with someone stating "this started happening after installing the fglrx drivers, and uninstalling lead to broken dependencies among other things" (paraphrased).

... god dam it AMD

Reinstall comes first. Resolution comes after drivers work then I guess.

† Christian Member †

it is a little feelsy but emotions are a good thing to have. You clearly already know what will happen so you have that going for you.

its made decently clear through the anime if you didn't see it coming by the end you must not have been watching what was happening like when @CatCloud watched toradora! and didn't see that coming lol

I was busy... It aired during my last few months in engineering as I was desperately trying to save myself from being thrown into the hell of having to process my readmission into the university...

Oh, then you should watch it. Nothing to go crazy about, but it's nice.

who? is he the one starting fights?

He's the club's janitor and hobo, or something like that.

it is a little feelsy but emotions are a good thing to have. You clearly already know what will happen so you have that going for you.

its made decently clear through the anime if you didn't see it coming by the end you must not have been watching what was happening like when @CatCloud watched toradora! and didn't see that coming lol

Yeah that's why i was considering watch it. I just don't want to watch another clannad: after story :P

What was it? If by "that" you mean what i think you do, then LOL.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Oh, then you should watch it. Nothing to go crazy about, but it's nice.

-snip-

Yeah that's why i was considering watch it. I just don't want to watch another clannad: after story :P

I will in due time...

As for Shigatsu, it's not another Clannad, that's for sure... it's a different flavor of drama imo...

(I'm itching to write something but I'm uninspired...)

this is what

lol

Ok so its been awhile since i saw the anime but towards the end of the show for whatever Reason Minorin and forgot the Guy with glasses suddenly told Taiga that ..she actually Liked the MC and not Him..like what? they NEVER hinted anything like that in the anime...as far as i can remember. Anyway, they started to argue and Taiga runs away and MC tells his friends that he likes Minorin and she likes him as well but "taiga is my best friend and she deserve happiness" or something and then they tell MC to go after her........i might have remembered some part wrong but yeah...eff it.

I Googled it and it lead me to a forum with someone stating "this started happening after installing the fglrx drivers, and uninstalling lead to broken dependencies among other things" (paraphrased).

... god dam it AMD

Reinstall comes first. Resolution comes after drivers work then I guess.

Great...

There goes that bit of helpful info.

But ya need to figure out how to get the latest beta drivers. Because I know they work fine once you have them installed.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

He's the club's janitor and hobo, or something like that.

what wait? I thought I was the only janitor. I might need to talk to him.

I like to get really drunk then put on anime without subtitles.  Best laugh ever

id do that tonight if i didn't have to be up at 6am .... 

what wait? I thought I was the only janitor. I might need to talk to him.

@helping oh goody first fight will be a janitor fight ! 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

id do that tonight if i didn't have to be up at 6am .... 

@helping oh goody first fight will be a janitor fight ! 

he wont know what hit him

fyi it's the handle of my mop

@Laputacake

http://i.imgur.com/hGZDV.gif

I got mt dew and tequila.  Slamma time!

ugh i really wanna slam some patron back rn ... even have a bottle chillin in the freezer too ;-; 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

You gunna hate me.  This is silver patron.

mmmmmmm damn , thats what i got in the freezer ;-; 

Spoiler
Spoiler