The most useless pc breakthrough?

Bronese

5.25 bay toasters. 

does anyone have a review on these? lol I looked around but cannot find one. I want to see one reviewed and used xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

the track ball mouse was useless to game with. The mouse with the ball on top of it was crap.

I disagree with you on that^^

I played a lot of fps and rts games with this. And i was pretty good with it :)

kensington_trackball_04_zps64d081ab.jpg

But if you were talking about the ones with the ball on the side for the thumb. Then i'll agree with you. That one did not work for me either

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

does anyone have a review on these? lol I looked around but cannot find one. I want to see one reviewed and used xD

I think there might be one. If so, I have no idea where to find it.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Low powered gpus...if you call that a breakthrough...

They were probably high end at one point in time that is not now :)

MANTLE

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

not really a breakthrough but the Q connector brick its ugly and flimsy, and i wish it wasnt but i guess mantle is now too with DX12 on the way cant say for sure but maybe

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

The AOpen AX4B-533 Tube, the first and last motherboard ever that uses tubes for the sound stuff.

Quite a small breaktrough but still, they did it first.

http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=53#

And you probably know that the new MSI graphic cards have a fusion core thing, they were not first with this.

Gigabyte made a thing like that for a motherboard, with the GA-8N-SLI Royal

Who needs them exept a handful of die-hard OC'ers anyway?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1898#ov

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

They were probably high end at one point in time that is not now :)

They always put low powered stuff on the market with the high powered stuff though. Like an 250 or some crap that isn't worth it and peforms about as good as an APU.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

but why? I know its kinda overpriced, but why?

Windows Millennium.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOL Freeride, if any of you remember that. It was so bad that AOL themselves discontinued it in the late 2000's. (2008 I believe)

honestly I loved it :P

//ccap

Peer 2 Peer. It's had very few positives about it, and considered useless by me.

P2P is torrenting, and torrenting is pretty awesome for distribution purposes (both legal and illegal)

I put forward Mantle. 

How inept is AMDs engineering division to think that we really needed ANOTHER API to try and dethrone DX. DX is everywhere. Thats the point. Its the standard. Why not work to lower the standard's overhead instead of shoe horning in some other useless one. 

Sure, it gave some boosts in BF4. But is that really a point of pride? Hey guys, our API gave the most buggy game of 2013 20 more FPS! WOO! 

Not really. Someone needs to take Mantle out back and shoot it. Twice. 

Wondering is good.

Keeps the mind off planning illegal activities.

illegal activities? like hacking a major corp. or something? :D

i love you

illegal activities? like hacking a major corp. or something? :D

No, like planning school bombings Birthday parties.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If we going at programs then SKYPE is clearly the most brilliant thing that they just haven't got correct.

Awesome idea but just completely useless in my opinion. Could be so much better

OpenRide?

Same thing

To be fair, I was 8 the last time I used it :lol:

//ccap

Peer 2 Peer. It's had very few positives about it, and considered useless by me.

Ever play a non-mmo online game? I'd guess around 90% of them use p2p.

All AMD's non X cards such as 250, 270 ecc...They're the same thins as the X versions, but a bit cheaper and underclocked. You could say the same thing about X cards, because you can always overclock the non X cards. Also, IMO bitcoin isn't that good and crossfire-sli with 4 cards, which has horrible scaling and sometimes loss of performance. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

An interesting read. I'd presumed that thunderbolt was pcie bandwidth. It's kind of a chicken and the egg situation. Why make products for tb when it's rarely used and why put tb on a mobo when there aren't any products and it's expensive

Sorry for taking a week to respond, I didn't get notified of this until someone liked my comment and I thought "heck, I'll take another look at that thread".

Thunderbolt is PCIe bandwidth, but it uses the displayport standard and therefore requires an integrated GPU which supports displayport in order to function. By designing thunderbolt around a display interface rather than, idk, a networking interace (srsly Intel, what the hell), Intel essentially cockblocked themselves when it came to their LGA 2011 boards, since they lack integrated graphics to support the displayport protocol. I imagine the intention was to sell you a PCIe device with a GPU on-board to control the thunderbolt interface, but for whatever reason that never materialised and we're stuck with Thunderbolt as the totally redundant standard it is today. Retro-fitting Thunderbolt 2 with networking abilities doesn't help the situation, because it still flat out doesn't work on LGA 2011, which is still the market sector most interested in it, so you're still better off with 10-gigabit ethernet. The mac pro is literally the only desktop computer for which Thunderbolt makes sense - and that's only because Apple specifically went out of their way to make it so.

The powered cup holder. I'm sure it was an engineering marvel for it's time, but I just don't think it's still relevant.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Touch sensitive media controls.

Damn you, touch sensitive media controls! *shakes fist*