Will you update to Windows 11 as soon as you can?

Filingo

Will you update to Windows 11 as soon as you can?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will you update to Windows 11 as soon as you can?

• Yes
    • No

Or you'll first wait to see what bugs/annoying features Microsoft has to offer now

I'll update to Win 11 on my laptop and see how I like it out of the box. If its sufficient enough for me, then I'll upgrade on desktop. But if its a damn mess, I'll wait until next year for desktop.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Been running it on my laptop since the very first leaked build and I'm setup to move over to the stable release channel tomorrow.

Have had zero issues or bugs with any of the beta builds so far.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I've been using the dev build on my main PC (yes, i know the risks) for a month now. It's been working basically perfectly with no issues whatsoever. I really like the newer design and overall snappyness (more responsive animations, etc.).

The Auto-HDR feature is also a really nice addition (if you have a proper HDR display), albeit with mixed results depending on the game.

(Or it could suck completely because you're using a Samsung monitor)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

No. I never get new software on release.So I'll happily wait a good long while. That and it's Microsoft their track record has been awful with their updates.

At least for the time being, no.

Win11, as it is right now, offers no feature that interests me (the Android subsystem would have been the exception, but...).

Plus, I'd rather give it a few months before deciding, see where the chips fall.

I hate it more than i hate Windows 10.

My next OS will be Linux.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I'm fine with W10, there is nothing in W11 that interests me or that i feel like i HAVE to have. If anything i'll throw it on my laptop at some point to test it out, then move my desktop over after some time.

I'm in no rush to switch.i think i waited 2-3 years before moving from w7 to w10. Obviously i only have 4 years before i HAVE to move over, but we'll see

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I'll probably give it at least a week or two, I'm not gonna rush in

Unless if I am doing a clean install at the time, then I might consider it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Hell No. I waited until i really needed to for Windows 10 from 7. There is nothing really pushing me towards w11 at this point. Microsoft has not shown they are at all capable of making an Operating system for the first year or two that doesnt break everything. Not worth the headache

No, I will wait minimum 6 months, probably 1 year or more. It probably works better at that point.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Yes, I'm already on the Insider Preview version since it's available, and I kinda like it tbh

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 5800X | Asus ROG Strix B550-A | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3933MHz CL16 | RTX 3090 FE | LianLi Galahad 240 White | LianLi O11-D Mini White | Corsair SF750

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (Ryzen 9 5900HS | 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16 | RTX 3060 Max-Q)

There are a few features I have my eye on but I will give it a little bit to see what issues crop up. Might throw it on my laptop to see how it is before risking my dev/gaming desktop.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Nope, there’s currently no value on doing so.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I'm riding Win10 all the way.  My next pc will probably a prebuilt so I can get a decent setup without hunting for a GPU.  By that time, it'll be bundled with win11 and I'll switch.  

Already running the developers preview W11.

Seems pretty decent. Still getting used to the GUI. Some menus are changed. Now hove to go to settings to change my sound device which I don't care for. (As a small example) however the option still operates as intended.

Folding at Home seems pretty stable as well.

Overclocking seems similar to W10 stability also.

Nothing major to report for any reason not to upgrade to W11 (so far)

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I will just upgrade whenever I feel the need to, which is when they release Android support or if it actually brings big performance boosts. And most importantly, I will wait until I know it's stable.

We have 3 PCs here.  My wife's workstation is too old to update by 5 Intel generations😁  I have a PC that drives my TV and uses a cable card tuner and Hauppage app for watching live TV.  There is no word from Hauppage yet on whether the app will work with Windows 11 and I've customized it as well.  It has a Pentium G6600 which is new enough to run Windows 11 and as I use Microsoft Edge for all the other browsing, I assume that will work with Win 11 (crossed fingers!).  My workstation is 18 months old and all I would need to do is make the BIOS changes to enable secure boot and the Intel PTT.  However, I have a bunch of programs that I need in addition to Microsoft Office and I would need assurance that they work under Windows 11.  I probably won't move to 11 until next year.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

None of my hardware is compatible with this e-waste generator, so the answer is no.

As long as you have TPM and SecureBoot, you can still install it. You will just not have support.

Microsoft suggest that they MAY block certain updates due to discovered compatibility issue, but honestly... I as long as your CPU isn't too old, I doubt you'll have any issues any time soon. Of course, I cannot predict the future, so there is indeed a risk.

I don't think it is a e-waste generator, if Microsoft wanted to do this, they would just give 6 month or 1 year of support for Windows 10 and call it quits.

1 minute ago, Xaryon said:

There are things in tech world I avoid doing. I don't buy new console at launch, I don't buy PC parts as soon as they come out and I don't upgrade my OS to newer version asap. Why? To avoid paying what I call a "novelty tax" and to avoid dealing with bugs and errors that will be fixed in upcoming months.

Even though many insiders probably paid the novelty tax already?

Or that's still not enough to find all the bugs