Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LTT "Summer" Folding Sprint

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

I was not certain if I'm gonna be able to participate in this but fuck it, I'm in.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

I am going to attempt to generate some sort of video and see if I can post out to PCMR, watercooling, Corsair and EVGA redit groups to see if I can get the users to flip and fold for the event. I am not above soliciting pirates to help with a good cause if they are willing to change flags. (I assume this is OK to do right, like are we above free agents or no?)

Intel 10900X and 10850KA. NVIDIA 3090FE and EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N Hydro Copper. 196GB RAM. 2x Corsair AX1200I power supplies, $6K in Corsair Hydro-X Custom cooling all wrapped up in a Phantex Enthoo Elite dedicated to supporting F@H (User ID PEZUI on team LTT! 223518)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/ofazed/i_might_as_well_at_least_commit_to_this_if_i_am/ 

Not sure how this little folding event is going to go for me, but I'll be throwing my hat into the ring once again!

I had to let go of my 2080ti box while downsizing for an upcoming move, and the 970 that I managed to coerce back into functioning after it failed during the 2020 folding month finally bit the dust in a more permanent way last week, so that's out, too. I'll be curious to see if I can wiggle my way into the top 10/20 anyway.

Did the event span get shortened? When I looked I'd have had no problem qualifying with 5 days of activity even if I come back from a work trip on the 12th but now I'll need to hope my remote control setup works well...

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Did the event span get shortened? When I looked I'd have had no problem qualifying with 5 days of activity even if I come back from a work trip on the 12th but now I'll need to hope my remote control setup works well...

@GOTSpectrum messed up the dates again 🙂 when he 1st posted the event dates. The post was corrected and the dates for the event are - 

Starts September 10th(00:00 BST) and ends September, 16th (23:59 BST)

On 8/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, marknd59 said:

@GOTSpectrum messed up the dates again 🙂 when he 1st posted the event dates. The post was corrected and the dates for the event are - 

Starts September 10th(00:00 BST) and ends September, 16th (23:59 BST)

I think they did get shorter. I do not remember having to fold at least one WU for 5 days for 6 day event. 

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

30 minutes ago, Favebook said:

I think they did get shorter. I do not remember having to fold at least one WU for 5 days for 6 day event. 

No it's 7 days. Starts September 10th(00:00 BST) means the 10th is the 1st day and ends September, 16th (23:59 BST) means the 16th is the last day. It's the 00:00 that makes it confusing.

1 hour ago, Favebook said:

I started to notice more and more user joining events and purposefully only gunning for the min requirements and nothing more, which is why the min requirements have been steadily increases over the years. 

P.S. these are the exact same min requirements as last years folding sprint 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I only found out about folding last year and love it, properly addicted.  last year I had a 10 year old mac book pro and just scraped the minimum CPU folding. This year I have Upgraded to a 1660ti Ventus OC and I'm flying on the points can't wait for this sprint to start.

4 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I started to notice more and more user joining events and purposefully only gunning for the min requirements and nothing more, which is why the min requirements have been steadily increases over the years. 

P.S. these are the exact same min requirements as last years folding sprint 

My mind is playing tricks on me then. I didn't know there was so many giveaway hunters....

Tnx for info.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

2 hours ago, RichT said:

I only found out about folding last year and love it, properly addicted.  last year I had a 10 year old mac book pro and just scraped the minimum CPU folding. This year I have Upgraded to a 1660ti Ventus OC and I'm flying on the points can't wait for this sprint to start.

Welcome to the team!

10 minutes ago, Favebook said:

My mind is playing tricks on me then. I didn't know there was so many giveaway hunters....

Tnx for info.

No worries at all, always happy to help and advise. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'll be trying to fire up FOLDATRON from her long slumber this evening, Hopefully all is fine but will only know once I got her running. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I got my PC that's 600km away to successfully do a test WU this morning so all seems good for now 😛

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

@GOTSpectrum I just noticed something on the signup sheet, your name seems to be missing!!! If it's too hard for you to do yourself I can do it for you if you want. LMAO.

Oh shit, I'm so used to signing up when Den-Fi tells me to do his lol.

Sure go ahead and sigh me up

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Just now, marknd59 said:

Done 🙂

You are marvellous 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thanks for putting that list of current sign-ups up. Just did a double check and realised I made a typo for my forum username. It should be:

Forum username: Yoomes Bond

Folding Name: Yoomes_Bond

Signed up. Someone remind me when it's about to start as I'll likely forget.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:54 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

Please remember that I will be writing my usual daily update blog once the event kicks off, the blog can be found linked below.

https://linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1853-prelude/

That links to last years blog post btw.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

Signed up. Someone remind me when it's about to start as I'll likely forget.

That links to last years blog post btw.

Rip! I'll sort it when I'm next at my pc

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
On 8/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

5x Steam 10GBP Gift Cards - Donated by @marknd59

Draw: All Ranks

I have finally got around to adding Marks prizes guys, make sure you say thank you 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage