Fake Jensen Kitchen

Frugivore8894

Summary

Nvidia faked parts of the keynote that announced the 3000 series cards. Jensen Huang and the kitchen where digitally created. 

Quotes

Nothing is real and anything is possible – Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang's iconic kitchen, where he presented three pandemic-era keynote addresses in 2020 and 2021 – was almost entirely fake, including Huang himself, during the company's GTC 2021 keynote earlier this year and nobody even noticed.

The virtual presentation was cooked up using something called Nvidia Omniverse, a multidisciplinary collaboration tool for creating 3D virtual workspaces. For an annual keynote address known for impressive technical displays, this one certainly delivered. 

My thoughts

This is really cool tech but it’s also a bit scary. And I also don’t know how no one noticed at all! 

Sources

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/jensens-kitchen-is-a-lie-nvidia-reveals-gtc-2021-keynote-nearly-100-synthetic

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Ps: Sorry if I screwed up and this is like a joke or not the full story. I am really tiered at the time of writing. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

This is really damn impressive.

Now I wonder who they can bring back from the dead...Frankenstein perhaps??? 🤔🤔

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Amazing, who would have thought that the biggest paper launch of all time was all created digitally.  

It was most obviously not Jensen's actual kitchen from the get go and since I've never met the guy in person then I wouldn't be able to discern a "fake" one.

As my grandma used to say, "Believe none of what you see and only half of what you hear." 

Going back and looking (It starts at 1:02:39), it actually doesn't look very good. The model looks okay, I guess, but the mouth and its movement looks hideous. I can see why they did it so zoomed out.

19 minutes ago, Vanderburg said:

Going back and looking (It starts at 1:02:39), it actually doesn't look very good. The model looks okay, I guess, but the mouth and its movement looks hideous. I can see why they did it so zoomed out.

No, Nvidia Didn't Fool Everyone With a Computer-Generated CEO (pcmag.com)

What like what! Ok this might actually be the most mind blowing and scary thing I've ever read in my life. I'm literally sitting here stunned right now that no one caught on and everyone fell for it. We are seriously doomed when AI gets better.

Edit: It's fake gosh dang click bait Twitter rumor mill crap!

As I do projects in blender, I have seen many digitally created projects that you can't say if they are real or not, and Nvidia's AI is always present on those. Gj cg creator, toy fooled us all 😄

Lol, to be totally honest - i always thought the kitchen was completely fake (turns out it was just extremely bad taste…) but i never thought jensen was fake… (and i do not recall the "holodeck" scene really…)

And the second thing, if this was all fake, they would have *never* waited this long to reveal it, all momentum lost, makes no sense…

Conclusion: social media is stupid, it only gives liers a platform that they simply didnt have before twitter fb & co.

(note: a forum isnt "social media" it works completely different) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

I'm not really sure why I'm quoted here, unless it's just to provide more information, because that was the same point I made. The CGI Jensen is from 1:02:29 for about 30 seconds and it's obvious, and looks like garbage.

It's really not that impressive when you think about it. It's a static background of simple materials. 

You could have just green screened him into a photo of a kitchen and got 99% of the same result.

He obviously has that kitchen, so rendering references are even easier.

Damn that's impressive.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

How do we know if Nvidia is real anymore? And not that their AI department took over, flexing their powers by running Nvidia as a whole on AI alone.

Now that's pretty cool. I never believed it was his kitchen, but I did think he was in somebodies kitchen, lol.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

14 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Had GTX 1080Ti for 4 years

oof that card, never again. Lucky if one got one of those at the time.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Who cares lol? Whoever thought he's actually recording in his own kitchen was an idiot to begin with.

He was recording in his own kitchen, the CG part lasted less than 2 minutes and featured a full recreation of his home kitchen, everything before and after the CG part was really him doing it live in his real kitchen.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

52 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Been using RTX 3080 since early December 2020... And if you think RTX 4000 will be any better, then good luck.

I suspect you might be correct 🙁. However I'm hoping some market saturation has already occurred along with crypto being kneecapped in newer RTX cards. We shall see.

16 hours ago, Arika S said:

holy shit

Means video isn’t evidence anymore if enough money is involved

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

He was recording in his own kitchen, the CG part lasted less than 2 minutes and featured a full recreation of his home kitchen, everything before and after the CG part was really him doing it live in his real kitchen.

So there is comparison footage.  Begs the question of how much can be recreated.   Other questions include how much did it cost and is there anyway to tell the created footage from the genuine footage?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

oof that card, never again. Lucky if one got one of those at the time.

Why never again? It was amazing price to performance ratio and I bought it like 2 months after its launch back in 2016. It was launched in April, I got it in June of 2016 iirc. I don't even remember if there was any special issue getting one. I picked AORUS GTX 1080Ti and bought it. There was no nonsense like after RTX 3000 series launch that was dumpsterfire from start to current point and I basically got my RTX 3080 though sheer luck. Even at somewhat reasonable price given the situation...