The new fitness band  from Samsung  FT2 is awesome, but a potential hazardous to 300 million people?

Ricardo Preschel

This template is a guide for the Tech News Posting Guidelines. Please read the guidelines in the pinned topic before posting, otherwise your post may be removed without warning. If you prefer, you can clear the editor to use your own layout by clicking the trash can icon above, but make sure you incorporate all of these sections and follow the Posting Guidelines.

Remove all of the italicised text before posting.

Summary

Hello,

I am a big fan of Samsung. They manufacture most things after all, even for most brands.

I have bought one of the new fitness bands. I was looking at the Fitbit but this device from them is amazing.

Writing this to you in order for you to make people aware , since Samsung will not - and know that there might be a health hazard involved. 

Amazing until it started to cause me serious health issues.

I got in touch with Samsung to report and try to see if they will address the problem. They were completly onlivuous that this problem might bre a thing and to be honest aparte from asking serial numbers, no actions were reported taken.

I have all the transcripts and they are quite bizarre in some points, like only 3% ;percent of the population might be affected.... that's a lot of people with possibility of developing a massive reaction to the material they use for their band. 

I looked for medical advice that confirms my suspicion, that the material is potential dangerous - probably not to everyone - but 300 million people sounds a lot to me.

I also have recordings of these interactions, so that it will not be treated has a feature of my imagination, if necessary.

They say at one point that indeed the problem was the band material.

The audio recordings with the medical people are available but only if you need it.

Many thanks for your time

Quotes

The new fitness band  from Samsung  FT2 might be dangerous as it is now?

My thoughts

The band is great, in my opinion better than Fittbit, but the public should be aware and informed of any potential hazard health conditions, that might be induced by this specific device.

Sources

Add links to the news sites that you used to write this post 

Sus. 

Especially since 300 million doesn't correlate to 3% of anything. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

All the signs of a classic conspiracy post to me:

1. Something dangerous, problematic or secretive that nobody has noticed is apparently going on.
  2. No details about what exactly the danger might be is given; just "issues".
  3. No sources are given, it's the mysterious "advice" from "them".
  4. Evidence is not presented, but of course exists "if you need it" and will likely never be given even if you asked for it.
53 minutes ago, Ricardo Preschel said:

so that it will not be treated has a feature of my imagination, if necessary.

If you don't want it to be treated like this then you'll have to show your cards and show us the evidence there is to support this claim that they pose a health concern. There is no "if necessary" here, your evidence is absolutely necessary for claims like this.

Maybe you just happen to be allergic to (a component) of the material. It happens, for example with jewelry for people with a nickel allergy.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Sus. 

Especially since 300 million doesn't correlate to 3% of anything. 

There is a 3% chance this discussion will continue, and a 300% chance it will be locked.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

20 minutes ago, tikker said:

Maybe you just happen to be allergic to (a component) of the material. It happens, for example with jewelry for people with a nickel allergy.

Haha, that'd make sense. OP is allergic to TPU and deems it news worthy. It's like anything they gives you a mild rash; avoid it. I'd say health hazard is a bit of a stretch, unless you're extremely allergic, in which case it's nowhere near 300 million people with that ailment. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

-> Moved to Off Topic, this is not Tech News and no effort has been made to format the post as required for that section either. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, Ricardo Preschel said:

My thoughts

The band is great, in my opinion better than Fittbit, but the public should be aware and informed of any potential hazard health conditions, that might be induced by this specific device.

The public should be aware this post of a pile of bullshit, but I think they already are.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7.8 billion people in the world , 3% 233.million.

I weas just trying to raise a potencial p[roblem not to argue wityhth kids in moms b4edroms.

Do wnat you want.

Not showing pictures or more evidence because thetas burning a company .

Buy tree. And why nor use three masks as well. I could honestly care less about what you people come up with Being nasty from the gecko is for kids. Go play Pacman.

-= Topic Locked =-

@Ricardo Preschelif you wish to present a discussion, please do so by presenting your argument with sources and in line with the posting guidelines. This forum does not entertain topics of a conspiratorial nature.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER