**UNOFFICIAL** LTT Tech RolePlay Club!

terrytek

I just realized that post count does not count here so can this be moved to GD since it has to do with tech? @terrytek, I think you should PM a moderator to move this thread.

R1, C1 please.

I just realized that post count does not count here so can this be moved to GD since it has to do with tech?

R1, C1 please.

Post no. 201! Anyway still waiting on my rent cost per month...

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Waiting on my cost too...

I have seen condos in rack one card one go for ~75LSC at the top end and ~15LSC at the low end

(I kinda don't know how much LSC is worth relative to a condo, so add zeros to the prices I have listed as necessary)

Wait a minute! your @WinNut you are under arrest for robbing LinusBank!

Oh yea! That's how he can afford the fancy stuff! But wait...wheres our jail...

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

I think I'll take rest in the indicator lights!

That'll be 25LSC/month.

I have just explored a couple racks an have found one 4U rack that has 8 K2 GPUs in it! The prices there are super cheap for GPUs. Because each card has 4 GPUs on it and has 32 GB of RAM, the condos are a bit packed in, but it is still pretty nice compared to other places. 

Still, gonna be pricey, at 350LSC/week.

Hey @terrytek how much is the rent for the 2445th hard drive in rack 12?

The higher the HDD, the more expensive it is, so 200 LSC.

Also, can I take on control of the PLX chips. I have been taking some classes recently and have learned how to properly manage them. I have also refined my OS monitoring software so it can handle something as big as this server. 

K, you have control of the PLX chips and the OS, assuming the server has one.

I'd like to rent GPU 1 on Card 1. 

As long as there is electricity I will set up heating and hot water myself. (I, a 12 year old, knows how to set up a heating system and some kids can't reboot a computer. Think about what that says about the generation.)

Remember Guys, the official currency of this game is LSC. (LinusSlickCoin)

Can I take up PCH and VRM maintenance and oversee transit operations?

GPU 1 is already mine. It's the largest one in the server.

Which rack are you talking about? On rack 3, Card 1 is pretty much full, while on rack 1, card 1 is nearly empty.

He is right. We need some inhabitants in rack 1, card 1. Or the memory DIMMS. They seem pretty lonely.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oh yeah, jail is the PSU. That's also where the execution center is. By electric chair.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I will cover RAM maintenance in rack 1, how much will it cost to live in  one of the ethernet ports? 

I'll stick with the indicator lights. 25 LSC/Month it is! I better get a full time job going! Where is there an opening?

I will cover RAM maintenance in rack 1, how much will it cost to live in  one of the ethernet ports? 

All the I/O ports will set you back 220LSC/ month.

I'll stick with the indicator lights. 25 LSC/Month it is! I better get a full time job going! Where is there an opening?

There's an opening in the PSU maintenance.

You make my software into hardware ;)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

All the I/O ports will set you back 220LSC/ month.

There's an opening in the PSU maintenance.

Ok then I assume I will also be on jail duty? And how much will that make me per hour and how many hours a wee?

You make my software into hardware ;)

Wait what? why umm ....ok

Ok then I assume I will also be on jail duty? And how much will that make me per hour and how many hours a wee?

It can be both to make sure PSUs are fine, and to execute criminals. You make 500LSC a week.

It can be both to make sure PSUs are fine, and to execute criminals. You make 500LSC a week.

Ok. I'll start immediately :) And at the end of the week I'll give you my first payment for the living quarters in the indicator lights!

Ok. I'll start immediately :) And at the end of the week I'll give you my first payment for the living quarters in the indicator lights!

Sweet! So that's settled. Now I need someone to go fix some RAM addresses. Some are corrupt and need repairs to continue operation.

Sweet! So that's settled. Now I need someone to go fix some RAM addresses. Some are corrupt and need repairs to continue operation.

SInce I am on RAM duty I will take a look at it.

SInce I am on RAM duty I will take a look at it.

Got it. Addresses 0F33D and 0E3356 I believe are critical addresses that are corrupt.

K, you have control of the PLX chips and the OS, assuming the server has one.

I've done some research and come up with nothing. So lets just say its running some heavily modded form of Linux. Also, being in control of all the PLX chips, I get to see TONS of people play video games and when a GPU is not being used, I may or may not be able to do some gaming myself.

I've done some research and come up with nothing. So lets just say its running some heavily modded form of Linux. Also, being in control of all the PLX chips, I get to see TONS of people play video games and when a GPU is not being used, I may or may not be able to do some gaming myself.

OK. Go check to make sure all GPUs are go. We don't want any gamer complaining their video was crap.

OK. Go check to make sure all GPUs are go. We don't want any gamer complaining their video was crap.

Already done. Its not that hard of a job actually. As I'm monitoring racks 1-4 with a total of 32 cards and 128 concurrent games, all I need to do is sit back and stare at way too many streams. I have also set up some alarms that go off whenever throughput quality dips below a certain point on any one of the games. Currently, everything is running fine and the server is at its low point with only 49 games being played, all with extremely high quality streams. Time to kick back and play some games. 

Already done. Its not that hard of a job actually. As I'm monitoring racks 1-4 with a total of 32 cards and 128 concurrent games, all I need to do is sit back and stare at way too many streams. I have also set up some alarms that go off whenever throughput quality dips below a certain point on any one of the games. Currently, everything is running fine and the server is at its low point with only 49 games being played, all with extremely high quality streams. Time to kick back and play some games. 

Aww I want your job!