**UNOFFICIAL** LTT Tech RolePlay Club!

terrytek

Already done. Its not that hard of a job actually. As I'm monitoring racks 1-4 with a total of 32 cards and 128 concurrent games, all I need to do is sit back and stare at way too many streams. I have also set up some alarms that go off whenever throughput quality dips below a certain point on any one of the games. Currently, everything is running fine and the server is at its low point with only 49 games being played, all with extremely high quality streams. Time to kick back and play some games. 

Good job! I will increase your salary to 250 LSC/week.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Aww I want your job!

When you get off work, you can come and join in the fun. Also, there are 4 PLX chips that I'm in charge of and I can't be at all of them at once (that is why I have alarms set up for each one) If you ever need some place to host some kind of party, I'll let you  use one!

Good job! I will increase your salary to 250 LSC/week.

Thanks for the raise!

When you get off work, you can come and join in the fun. Also, there are 4 PLX chips that I'm in charge of and I can't be at all of them at once (that is why I have alarms set up for each one) If you ever need some place to host some kind of party, I'll let you  use one!

Thanks for the raise!

I hear alarms for the hard drives going off. Are they overheating?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Who's in charge of cooling?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Who's in charge of HDDs?

Who's in charge of HDDs?

Who's in charge of cooling?

No clue. That position is open.

Idk as I did not set them up. The HDDs should not overheat. I have examined each of the racks and they all have adequate cooling (although that adequate cooling makes it sound like a vacuum cleaner) so everything should be fine. The K2 graphics cards are passively cooled, so they would overheat long before the hard drives

Idk as I did not set them up. The HDDs should not overheat. I have examined each of the racks and they all have adequate cooling (although that adequate cooling makes it sound like a vacuum cleaner) so everything should be fine. The K2 graphics cards are passively cooled, so they would overheat long before the hard drives

Well, maybe WC them and see if it makes any difference.

Well, maybe WC them and see if it makes any difference.

This is a big server so that will take a lot of time and $$$

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

This is a big server so that will take a lot of time and $$$

Yeah, and we are so miniscule even carrying coolant is a pain. YKW, scratch that. Just put a lot of fans where it allows and doesn't disrupt the look of it.

Yeah, and we are so miniscule even carrying coolant is a pain. YKW, scratch that. Just put a lot of fans where it allows and doesn't disrupt the look of it.

Even if we were able to, watercooling the server would be impossible as we are dealing with 2U and 4U units that are filled to the brim with hardware. We could order in some noctua 40, 80, and 120mm fans and convince an operator to install them. 

Even if we were able to, watercooling the server would be impossible as we are dealing with 2U and 4U units that are filled to the brim with hardware. We could order in some noctua 40, 80, and 120mm fans and convince an operator to install them. 

Yeah, I think more fans would be the best choice here, even if it means a bit more noise.

Yeah, I think more fans would be the best choice here, even if it means a bit more noise.

Those fans are extremely quiet so there would not be any added noise!

More fans=lower speeds for same cooling= lower noise :) To a point

Those fans are extremely quiet so there would not be any added noise!

Still, considering our size, even that would be a lot of noise. @Yummychickenblue, I put you in charge with the hard drives, so I need you to install the fans.

Still, considering our size, even that would be a lot of noise. @Yummychickenblue, I put you in charge with the hard drives, so I need you to install the fans.

K I will get on it.

C'mon, the memory issue hasn't been fixed yet. If nobody fixes it, the entire server will go corrupt. Go fix it or I lower whoever's salary that is .

C'mon, the memory issue hasn't been fixed yet. If nobody fixes it, the entire server will go corrupt. Go fix it or I lower whoever's salary that is .

You reassigned me from memory to HDD so I am working on that, it looks like their are some driver issues I will need to look at.

You reassigned me from memory to HDD so I am working on that, it looks like their are some driver issues I will need to look at.

Oh, so I wonder who I should give it to. Maybe @WinNut, but he's offline.

Oh, so I wonder who I should give it to. Maybe @WinNut, but he's offline.

Okay I fixed the memory issue. I did a hot swap of the sticks and it's fine.

Also, why the living FUCK would I be on LTT at 11PM? I need to catch sleep since I am a middle-schooler.

Okay I fixed the memory issue. I did a hot swap of the sticks and it's fine.

Also, why the living FUCK would I be on LTT at 11PM? I need to catch sleep since I am a middle-schooler.

Sweet. Now all the memory needs optimization to keep it running at peak performance. What is the latency of this ram?

Sweet. Now all the memory needs optimization to keep it running at peak performance. What is the latency of this ram?

CL3 ECC, sir, clocked at 3000MHz. It's a 16GB stick of DDR3-3000 ECC memory from Linus Memory Technologies Inc.

CL3 ECC, sir, clocked at 3000MHz. It's a 16GB stick of DDR3-3000 ECC memory from Linus Memory Technologies Inc.

:o OH DAMN! Cost: better not be over 5000LSC/stick.

:o OH DAMN! Cost: better not be over 5000LSC/stick.

I received a forum member discount, it was 40LSC per stick and I ordered 4 sticks. They should be here on Tuesday.