Bumped my Forehead into Glass Door?

paulyron

Bumped my head into a glass window door today while walking because did not see the door. I fell down but got back up pretty quickly. Have a red bruise/spot on my forehead that is pretty big. What should i do? I did put manuka honey on my forehead.  How long does it take for it go away?

I heard some people say put ice but I never done that before.  Its like a huge red spot on my forehead now.  

Go see a doctor. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Did I miss something or am I not on the LTT forum anymore ? 😅

Main Rig: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.2Ghz || MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G || G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 4x8GB || be quiet! Straight Power 11 (1200 W) || Noctua NH-D15 Chromax

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

Go see a doctor. 

Unless it is actual internal bleeding im gonna bet the ER gonna just give compress and painkillers.

It should shrink on its own, just dont press when its going soft or youll get nasty infection.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Okay whats a forum that is good to post this on?

You can ask whatever you want as long as it is inline with CoC. However, medical advice is not something you should trust coming from random people who probably has no degree in medical sector. Just put some ice on it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

11 minutes ago, The_Padi said:

It's fine, you're on the Off-Topic section. We get all kinds of stuff on here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

If you don't feel dissy, then its fine. It'll go away in a week or so

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

It's fine, you're on the Off-Topic section. We get all kinds of stuff on here.

Medical advice ? realy ? 😅😆

Main Rig: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.2Ghz || MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G || G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 4x8GB || be quiet! Straight Power 11 (1200 W) || Noctua NH-D15 Chromax

Not feeling dizzy or anything like that.  Concern is the big red bump that is there.

Also, even though this is like a medical question... well isn't this a common question to ask since many people have things like this happen to them?  Thus imagine like how someone might put their hand in boiling water or touch very hot water etc.

So i want to know if say using manuka honey is good idea or not on it.  Basically put it over the skin etc.

49 minutes ago, paulyron said:

Not feeling dizzy or anything like that.  Concern is the big red bump that is there

I think you're barking at the wrong tree @paulyron.. This is NO place to be asking questions in reference to your health (for your own good).

If you think something is not quite right or have concerns stop wasting time (and potentially making any medical situations you may have even worse) and GO AND SEE A DOCTOR. It's as simple as that I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, paulyron said:

Bumped my head into a glass window door today while walking because did not see the door. I fell down but got back up pretty quickly. Have a red bruise/spot on my forehead that is pretty big. What should i do? I did put manuka honey on my forehead.  How long does it take for it go away?

I heard some people say put ice but I never done that before.  Its like a huge red spot on my forehead now. 

For context, I worked in a Primary School for 12 years and as part of the job had to partake in intermediate level medical training and paediatric medical training.

Manuka honey? No. That sounds more like a quack theory than anything, it has no medicinal properties so you might as well take a bath in tomato soup.

Ice is good for swelling, it will do nothing for bruises. If you have a lump then use ice but be careful not to burn yourself by keeping it on for too long.

Nothing will get rid of a bruise except time, its essentially a pool of blood that forms under the skin because the bump damaged some capillaries and caused them to leak. Your body will deal with this on its own.

As for how long, depends on your age. A small child will get rid of a bruise in a few days, it will take an elderly person a few weeks.

25 minutes ago, gal-m said:

I think you're barking at the wrong tree @paulyron.. This is NO place to be asking questions in reference to your health.

If you think something is not quite right or have concerns stop wasting time (and potentially making any medical situations you may have even worse) and GO AND SEE A DOCTOR. It's as simple as that I'm afraid.

Yeah, because in the middle of a pandemic I'm sure the doctors really want to be treating a bump to the head. /S

If you feel dizzy, nauseous, sleepy or just not right then CALL your doctor as you might have a concussion, they'll diagnose over the phone and refer you on if needed. Do not just turn up at the doctors with a bump and bruise on your head, they don't need that right now (and neither do you).

Also analgesics, here in the UK we have Paracetamol, I think its called Tylenol in the US.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, because in the middle of a pandemic I'm sure the doctors really want to be treating a bump to the head.

I agree 100% with what you're trying to say here @Master Disaster, but I still stand behind what I said.

In my personal opinion online forums aren't a great way to seek medical advice/help and if you're at the point of being actually concerned or scared you should always consult an actual professional IRL. Even though what he's describing sounds like a bruise I'm afraid to say that sadly neither you or I are capable of (professionally) diagnosing his situation from a forum post.

People DO in fact get screwed taking strangers' medical advice from the internet - that's a story as old as time.

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

I agree 100% with what you're trying to say here @Master Disaster, but I still stand behind what I said.

In my personal opinion online forums aren't a great way to seek medical advice/help and if you're at the point of being actually concerned or scared you should always consult an actual professional IRL. Even though what he's describing sounds like a bruise I'm afraid to say that sadly neither you or I are capable of (professionally) diagnosing his situation from a forum post.

People DO in fact get screwed taking strangers' medical advice from the internet - that's a story as old as time.

Fair and totally accurate, I have basic medical training to deal with minor injuries, that doesn't make me a doctor.

Just try to put yourself in the shoes of a doctor, they have to spend all day interacting with strangers knowing that one of them might have the human malware and they risk being exposed.

I totally agree that forums are not the place for medical advice and if you have any doubts you should absolutely seek advice. Just don't turn up unannounced, especially with an owie on your forehead 🙂

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

you bumped your head, ok move on with your life. The only reason bumping your head needs any attention is if you have a large cut or if you get knocked the fuck out for a small period of time. otherwise calm down and move on with your life child.

10 hours ago, paulyron said:

Ask your mom/dad upstairs.

Edit:  You've never put ice on a bruise or bump?  What country are you in?  How do you know nothing about basic and minor injuries?  Honestly, you bumped your head.  Go on with your life.

This is a troll post, right?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

11 hours ago, paulyron said:

Sounds like medical stuff.  Standard advice for any medical crap is see a doctor which is probably better than asking random strangers on the internet. 

if internet is all that is available bruises are sometimes called contusions, which may be a useful search term.

if you still any advice on such from random untrained strangers on the internet i wrote some stuff here.  I don’t know how useful it is.

Spoiler

I’ve never heard of honey doing much myself.    I’ve also never even heard of that kind of honey though.  Honey on a bruise smells like an adaptation of an old wives tale though.  Generally if there’s an effective chemical in something natural it gets synthesized and purified and becomes a drug.  A drug that stems bleeding well would have military applications and would get all kinds of funding and use.  The military is still mostly using pressure and temperature though which implies honey won’t do much. Bruises are blood spilling from tiny tiny crushed blood vessels.  Blood vessels gat smaller when they get cold.  Getting that skin cold will slow bruise growth and maybe even reverse it depending on specifics. One can also close them with pressure.  Squish em closed. It’s got issues though.  Cold does too if the thing is attached to your head.  Enough ice to do what is needed will probably hurt or cause some sort of ice cream headache maybe. Or worse or nothing at all. I don’t know. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Dedayog said:

Ask your mom/dad upstairs.

Edit:  You've never put ice on a bruise or bump?  What country are you in?  How do you know nothing about basic and minor injuries?  Honestly, you bumped your head.  Go on with your life.

This is a troll post, right?

Ice does nothing for a bruise, its only good for swelling.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Ice does nothing for a bruise, its only good for swelling.

Cold helps with inflammation and swelling, both of which are in bruises to some extent.  As well as pain to some degree.  

Granted, I wouldn't necessarily just grab ice for a bruise but a head contusion like he probably has... I'd use ice on it.

I probably wouldn't throw honey on it.  That's just me tho.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

12 hours ago, paulyron said:

What should i do?

Start writing your will.

Jokes aside, if it hurts go see a doctor.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Cold helps with inflammation and swelling, both of which are in bruises to some extent.  As well as pain to some degree.  

Granted, I wouldn't necessarily just grab ice for a bruise but a head contusion like he probably has... I'd use ice on it.

I probably wouldn't throw honey on it.  That's just me tho.

Fair enough and yeah, in 99% of cases a bruise will be accompanied by a little swelling. Especially on your head.

As it happens ice can help reduce the size of a bruise but only if its applied before the bruise starts to show. Its the same mechanism as for swelling, it reduces the rate of blood flow to the area. Guess I was wrong 🙂

12 hours ago, The_Padi said:

It's astonishing the degree to which some people on this forum seem to have no other social outlet. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend someone use WebMD but I'd try that before I came here.

OP, if you are concerned you may have actually given yourself a serious injury like a concussion or something, go to a doctor. If you're just embarrassed about the big bruise on your forehead, then some things to consider might be:

1. Making up a cooler story for how you hit your head

2. Changing up your personal style to include an 80's style sweatband or a hachimaki

3. Concealer makeup

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

<-- Thread Locked -->

This would fall into the realm of medical questioning which we can not provide or assist regardless as it would cause liability. If you have any type of medical concerns or questions, your best result would be to consult your pharmacist or Physician.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card