How can I force google to repair my phone, that is damaged due to a design flaw that they made?

john01dav
Just now, john01dav said:

What cases do you recommend? Every case I've tried is either too thin to be any good, or thick enough that it causes the phone to overheat (in one case, otterbox + LG G5, the battery exploded as a result of this heat, and the phone often got too hot to touch).

I’d say that’s more a fault on LG. I’ve used Otterbox Defenders on every phone I’ve owned for years without issue, and considering I do rendering and used to game on my phone, that’s saying something. I, however, tend to own flagships.

Black Lightning
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.7 ghz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
2x8 GB 1600 MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
MSI R9 290X Lightning
Corsair Crystal 280X Black RGB
240 GB Revodrive 3, 64 GB Sandisk SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

4 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

Kind of sounds to me like you're confusing design flaws with a flaw in standard design philosophy in general. Personally I agree that it's absurd how breakable these devices are constructed to be, but that's a drawback companies take to make their phones aesthetically pleasing and just a reality of the current design trend

I don't particularly mind some companies making this design flaw (a flawed design philosophy is a design flaw as far as I'm concerned, but this is just semantics), but I strongly object to it being damn-near the only option that is available to most people.

What cases do you recommend? Every case I've tried is either too thin to be any good, or thick enough that it causes the phone to overheat (in one case, otterbox + LG G5, the battery exploded as a result of this heat, and the phone often got too hot to touch).

My g5 is in an otterbox case, mi xiaomi is in some random rugged 4€ aliexpress case made from silicon and my one plus one lived in plastic couple € cases from ebay (broke about one a month got like a lot of leftovers a couple years in for 11€ so still have half a box left).

If you manage to blow up your battery YOU are doing something wrong.

Just now, jaslion said:

My g5 is in an otterbox case, mi xiaomi is in some random rugged 4€ aliexpress case made from silicon and my one plus one lived in plastic couple € cases from ebay (broke about one a month got like a lot of leftovers a couple years in for 11€ so still have half a box left).

If you manage to blow up your battery YOU are doing something wrong.

What did I do wrong? I simply put the phone in the case, and then used it as I would without the case. This means that sometimes there's insulating material nearby (e.g. if it's in my pocket or sitting on top of, but not wrapped in, a blanket), but never anything severe.

Just now, The Blackhat said:

I’d say that’s more a fault on LG. I’ve used Otterbox Defenders on every phone I’ve owned for years without issue, and considering I do rendering and used to game on my phone, that’s saying something. I, however, tend to own flagships.

Mine is in an otterbox case and it's been fine for years with a bunch of random batteries and it is fine. There is one report of someone having this so I think this is more a case of having a defective phone rather than the case/phone having a flaw.

What did I do wrong? I simply put the phone in the case, and then used it as I would without the case. This means that sometimes there's insulating material nearby (e.g. if it's in my pocket or sitting on top of, but not wrapped in, a blanket), but never anything severe.

Probably just got unlucky. I found one person that had the issue too and that is it so you might have simply just gotten the short end of the stick there.

9 minutes ago, john01dav said:

This would be a great option if it had the ability to run modern android (I know that this specific phone has no way in hell of doing that, but I want an Android phone with a relatively similar design philosophy.). You got any recommendations there? I mainly use my phone for consuming video (1080p60hz screen is enough for this, no need for oled), phone calls, and a smattering of miscellaneous non-gaming apps (e.g. termux, navigation, looking up information, discord). I just want a simple, cheap, no frills device that will let me do this well indefinitely.

People seem to enjoy beating the crap out of the Blackview BV9900 (and other phones from their lineup) on Youtube.

9 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

People seem to enjoy beating the crap out of the Blackview BV9900 (and other phones from their lineup) on Youtube.

With added fire resistance for those heated arguments.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

Basically all those rugged phones are just generic smartphones in a non removable case. Nothing really that rugged about it.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Basically all those rugged phones are just generic smartphones in a non removable case. Nothing really that rugged about it.

I am very much aware of this.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, Levent said:

My phone costs $200 and it never has been used without a case or a screen protector. If you cared about your device you would have given more thought into protecting it.

You are expecting a SCREEN PROTECTOR to offer a 5 to 10 year warranty. Do you realise how stupid that sounds?

5-10 years of warranty? that would only be on the protector, not the phone.

and then most you could get is 2-3 years MAX. [if you live in the EU]

-----------------------------

Not forgetting:

The following took me less than 1 minute to find all the links

Not forgetting how much does a screen-protector cost?

4$ on aliexpress

aliexpress.com/item/4001157095714.html?

7-10$ in a normal store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Supershieldz-for-Google-Pixel-4a-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-Anti-Scratch-Anti-Fingerprint-Bubble-Free/734375623

How much does a "rugged" case cost?

4-8$ on aliexpress 

aliexpress.com/item/1005002065259505.html?

17-25$ in a normal store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pixel-4A-Case-Caseology-Vault-for-Google-Pixel-4A-2020-Matte-Black/535760052

--------------

What i always do before i buy a new phone is

- Get the screen-protector and case FIRST

that way i can put the phone in it the very second i get the phone.

--------------

Drop-protection is not always covered under warranty.

as it is not a normal use case to drop your phone.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, darknessblade said:

5-10 years of warranty? that would only be on the protector, not the phone.

and then most you could get is 2-3 years MAX. [if you live in the EU]

why are you quoting me? lmao.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

On 5/16/2021 at 8:57 AM, john01dav said:

t was alright, but not great, for awhile, about as I expected, but then I was sitting on a concrete bench and my phone shifted about 1 inch lower in my hand onto said concrete. ONE INCH. Cracks emanated up from the USB port across the screen. Obviously, a one inch "drop"

The fact is no device warranty out of the box covers accidental damage. You learned a lesson, you should have A) bought coverage from Google if offered or a 3rd party. or B) You should have had insurance thru your cellular provider. 

I insure all my phones with T Mobile, because I have dropped them in the past. At any time you can crack a screen. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

My guy, I placed my S10e on the ground face down with a spigen tough armor case, and 5 seconds later I picked it up with a scratch on the screen.

Of course the ground ain't a lvl 6 blade with deeper grooves at lvl 7, but phones are just made like that. There's a reason no base warranty covers accidental damage straight out of the box.

Sometimes you get it and sometimes you get got.

Edited by EKasis
Typo and missed some things