What's the best game you've seen graphically on PC at this point?

Triggeravus

I've seen quite a few great ones, but Horizon Zero Dawn stands out.  It's just stunning at every turn at max settings even though it's technically a last-gen game.  

I find Tera online's scenery very pleasing and breath taking

So much so that I hike to the border of the world to enjoy the view from above

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

What Remains of Edith Finch

Wow I just watched some videos of this on Steam.  Gotta get it.  

I'd probably say i enjoy the Chernobylite scenery the most right now. Too bad my GPU is to trash to run the game at highest settings. Still looks pretty OK at medium/high tho!

Vanilla right?

Battlefront 2(2017)
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition?
Kingdom Come: Deliverance 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Vanilla right?

Battlefront 2(2017)
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition?
Kingdom Come: Deliverance 

I love Kingdom Come.  The character models are so realistic.  

I'm just trying to get the gameplay down at this point.  I admit I use a mod where you can pick any lock because I couldn't afford lockpicks and I was like whatever.  Still fun.  

Also gotta give a shoutout to Destiny 2.  Just started playing that on my new system and it's pretty dope with HDR on. 

3 minutes ago, Triggeravus said:

I admit I use a mod where you can pick any lock because I couldn't afford lockpicks and I was like whatever.

The lock picking sucks, keep using the mod. 🤣

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

The lock picking sucks, keep using the mod. 🤣

Oh I will.

I just pretend like I could have opened the chests anyways. lol

Resident Evil 2 (too bad it cant get maxed out due to the ridiculous ram requirements tho)

Spoiler (about the most scary section)

Spoiler

giphy-2.gif.af19c73e0d047e4a0e8a1da1a168ed88.gif

Monster Hunter World

20210307_024328.thumb.jpg.abcdea00c1fdbc77ff6e1ec9333bed41.jpg

Bonus Mention:

Fatal Frame II @4k   

(no pics gotta use imagination)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Resident Evil 2 (too bad it cant get maxed out due to the ridiculous ram requirements tho)

Spoiler (about the most scary section)

Reveal hidden contents

giphy-2.gif.af19c73e0d047e4a0e8a1da1a168ed88.gif

Monster Hunter World

20210307_024328.thumb.jpg.abcdea00c1fdbc77ff6e1ec9333bed41.jpg

Bonus Mention:

Fatal Frame II @4k   

(no pics gotta use imagination)

From what I hear, the RAM requirements shown in-game aren't correct with REmake 2.  

Even with a 3080 I have it set way above what the game says is acceptable for my hardware, and it plays beautifully.  Just ignore the orange and red warnings when it comes to ram with this one.  It's not actually using what it says. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 is far more pleasing to look at than actually play. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I know they're old as hell now, but I still find Witcher 3 and GTA V really impressive graphically. Witcher 3's lighting is just beautiful as the sun gets low on the horizon. Plus pretty much any competent gpu can run them.

On 5/16/2021 at 4:54 PM, Triggeravus said:

I've seen quite a few great ones, but Horizon Zero Dawn stands out.  It's just stunning at every turn at max settings even though it's technically a last-gen game.  

Tall Booba Lady game .......uhm I mean Resident Evil Village

10 hours ago, Middcore said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is far more pleasing to look at than actually play. 

Agreed, but it doesn't seem to like HDR.  Some games look better with it off for whatever reason.

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I know they're old as hell now, but I still find Witcher 3 and GTA V really impressive graphically. Witcher 3's lighting is just beautiful as the sun gets low on the horizon. Plus pretty much any competent gpu can run them.

Different strokes and all but IMO GTAV didn't even look particularly good when it came out.

Witcher 3 I think holds up in everything except the quality of grass/foliage. The remaster will be something to see. 

Monster Hunter World was mentioned and that is a very pretty game although IMO it's less impressive than some because the areas you can actually move around in are somewhat restricted.

Cyberpunk really is impressive looking with ray tracing maxed out on rainy streets. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

@MiddcoreIDK maybe it was for the Xbox 360 and PS3, which had half a gigabyte of system memory? Yes the game looked like dog shit when it first came out, then better for the next generation, then pretty damn good for PC, and between mods and possibley the upcoming expanded and enhanced version it does look great at max settings. 

In terms of realism in models, it has got to go to Forza Horizon 4. It really does pay to have custom 3D laser scans made of every single car in their roster so that when you pop open the hood you can see every singe tube, wire, and weld, in fantastic detail. Sure being under the hood the textures are probably low res, but I have never seen any game except for maybe some sort of mechanics simulator that has perfect 3D models of what can be found under the hood. (Of course before upgrades to the car, usually when you make upgrades to a car engine that adds additional parts they tend to lock the hood so you can't see inside anymore. But I don't blame them for that.)

Like I know CP 2077 looks fucking amazing on really good hardware, but I don't have that hardware and to me it just looks pretty fuzzy. And my first person model and third person model aren't he same thing. I have shaved legs in third person, but when I sit down in shorts in game everything above my knees is unshaved. Sure this is because of a mod, but why aren't they the same model? If they were it would also be really easy to implement a third person mode. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Red Dead 2, Control, Marvel Avengers, Grid 2019, CoD MW 2019 and Warzone.

All for different reasons.

I also think Fallout 4 is, at times, a spectacular looking game...despite being 6 years old.

4 hours ago, trufret said:

Probably DCS World or Flight Sim 2020

spacer.png 

Maybe the best looking flight sims but they are far far from being the best looking out of all games.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:32 AM, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Tall Booba Lady game .......uhm I mean Resident Evil Village

Even on my ageing system, with many settings turned down (I only have textures on "High 0.25GB", for example) I still manage around 70fps. Does anyone know if the VRAM meter in the settings page is more accurate than RE2R/RE3R? 

Gaming Rig - CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | COOLER: Stock | MOBO: Gigabye Z87 Gaming | GPU: Gigabye Geforce GTX 980 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB (16GB) 

W/o a doubt Cyberpunk 2077. No capture or screenshot does it justice for the way it comes to life on a gorgeous monitor.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

For world environments 3 games spring to mind:

1, Yakuza Like a Dragon

2, Watchdogs Legion

3, Genshin Impact

One of those games is not like the others. 😄 The question was "best graphically" without further description, so I have to take it that it is left to the responder how to interpret that.

The worlds in Yakuza and Watchdogs do look kinda familiar to me. Although I spent half a year in Yokohama I never went to the areas in Like a Dragon and I hope to do so in future. Legion is much closer to current home. I don't want to play the game, but haven't looked around to see if there is a god mode or similar just to let me travel around like a tourist. That's all I ever did in GTAV. Hop in a car and drive around and take in the scenery.

Genshin Impact obviously is a very different graphical style that is not aligned with realism, but it is one I find really beautiful. If it wasn't made as a gacha it could have been one of the best games of all time.

BTW I large 4k display helps with all the above.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

34 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

W/o a doubt Cyberpunk 2077. No capture or screenshot does it justice for the way it comes to life on a gorgeous monitor.

I've had that for months but been holding off playing until it's patched enough.

How does it play these days?