What's the best game you've seen graphically on PC at this point?

Triggeravus
18 minutes ago, Triggeravus said:

I've had that for months but been holding off playing until it's patched enough.

How does it play these days?

Well, actually i'm certainly not the guy to ask. With each patch i get the bugs people used to complain about. Now with 1.22 i get the character spawning in T-pose on the vehicles and bikes, traffic AI is just moronic, dying from tripping over a small box and so on. With the first version that came out i had zero problems whatsoever. The few minor bugs i experienced then were extremely hard to find and in places that weren't supposed to be visited. But a lot of people are saying they have a much better experience now, which certainly isn't the case for me and yet i'm on my 5th playthrough. Basically for the last 2-3 months i've been playing Cyberpunk like 90% of the time. DEspite all the glitches and the texture "fixes" they did, it's still and astonishing game. Tried to start few other games, but they all pale in comparison to Cyberpunk, so i abandoned them after just 2-3 hours of playtime.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

8 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Well, actually i'm certainly not the guy to ask. With each patch i get the bugs people used to complain about. Now with 1.22 i get the character spawning in T-pose on the vehicles and bikes, traffic AI is just moronic, dying from tripping over a small box and so on. With the first version that came out i had zero problems whatsoever. The few minor bugs i experienced then were extremely hard to find and in places that weren't supposed to be visited. But a lot of people are saying they have a much better experience now, which certainly isn't the case for me and yet i'm on my 5th playthrough. Basically for the last 2-3 months i've been playing Cyberpunk like 90% of the time. DEspite all the glitches and the texture "fixes" they did, it's still and astonishing game. Tried to start few other games, but they all pale in comparison to Cyberpunk, so i abandoned them after just 2-3 hours of playtime.

I was waiting for it to be free of those things before going all the way in, but it most likely never will be. 

Guess I'll give it a shot this weekend.  I did play it for about 20 minutes on my GTX 1070 PC when it came out so might as well continue on the 3080 and see what the hype is about. 

Well, I'm haven't get a decent AAA game since 2014, but I think I have a few:

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy

- Civ V and Beyond Earth (it's quite stunning at the time of release)

- Crysis 3 (Probably still is)

- NFS Most Wanted (2013 Criterion one)

- Alice Madness Return (in 2010, this game looks amazing)

- Dead Space (Man, that game creeps me out)

Well, this is not from PC but Switch, and I think it's worth mentioning too:

- Mario + Rabbid Kingdom Battle. (I just love how the world design is)

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Do you mean "best lookin" in terms of subjective taste or just "most realistic"?

For most realistic Cyberpunk has to take the crown. Especially if you run at 4K including ray tracing.

For my subjective favourite, i'd say my own modded Skyrim install, as it looks exactly how i want to. Pretty much handpicked textures for every single object out of the huge mod collection available on nexusmods.com. (Close to 550 mods installed that change textures, lighting, etc...)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

13 hours ago, porina said:

BTW I large 4k display helps with all the above.

Even a 27" 4K display will help. But a TV with decent HDR will certainly help as that feature is currently missing for monitors.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Even a 27" 4K display will help. But a TV with decent HDR will certainly help as that feature is currently missing for monitors.

I use a 55" 4k OLED for my "fun" gaming. It's a bit of a shock going to my other desk system with a 24" on it I use for more serious gaming. There is something about the size that gives it extra impact.

On HDR, it isn't something I really played with yet. Only the TV supports it at all, not sure what games do or don't. I just disabled it in Windows given all the problems it has (had?) when switching between HDR and SDR. I don't know if that has improved.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

12 minutes ago, porina said:

I use a 55" 4k OLED for my "fun" gaming. It's a bit of a shock going to my other desk system with a 24" on it I use for more serious gaming. There is something about the size that gives it extra impact.

Sure the more of you field of view is covered by screen, the more immersive it is. Huge TV's have the same impact as ultrawide in this regard. But for me the 27" monitor and my 55" OLED TV cover about the same fov because of the sitting position.

12 minutes ago, porina said:

On HDR, it isn't something I really played with yet. Only the TV supports it at all, not sure what games do or don't. I just disabled it in Windows given all the problems it has (had?) when switching between HDR and SDR. I don't know if that has improved.

Nowadays there are quite a few games that do a really good job with HDR. If you have an 55" OLED and you never tried it, you're missing out on a lot.

Yes, the Windows 10 HDR implementation is complete garbage, which is why you should always keep it off and only enable it when you start HDR games, then disable it again once you're done. Once you're ingame, everything will look as intended. Just make sure to use fullscreen (not borderless) when playing HDR games. The "switching" doesn't cause any problems for me, but anything SDR is extremely washed out when HDR is enabled in windows, as their SDR to HDR conversion is horrible. That's why i only have HDR enabled when actually having HDR content on screen.

A few examples for games that look great in HDR:

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Metro Exodus

Cyberpunk 2077 (they finally fixed the issue where HDR raises the black level)

Assasins Creed Odyssey / Valhalla

Final Fantasy 15

Borderlands 3

There are more games, but these are the ones i played. Also more and more games nowadays have HDR since day one. It's really turning into a standard like SDR is. And the more standard it becomes, the more good HDR monitors will come and (hopefully) microsoft will finally decide to fix their implementation.

8 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Final Fantasy 15

There are more games, but these are the ones i played.

FFXV is the only one on that list I have, and only on the PS4. I recall there is a PC demo so I could try firing that up some time.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

17 minutes ago, porina said:

FFXV is the only one on that list I have, and only on the PS4. I recall there is a PC demo so I could try firing that up some time.

The "Windows Edition" on Steam has not only HDR support, but also a 4K texture pack and a few other graphics settings unlocked. The game looks a lot better on PC. You should definetly try it out! But you'll net a lot of GPU power. My 3080 can run the game maxed out @ 4K HDR at around 60-70 fps on average.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

The "Windows Edition" on Steam has not only HDR support, but also a 4K texture pack and a few other graphics settings unlocked. The game looks a lot better on PC. You should definetly try it out! But you'll net a lot of GPU power. My 3080 can run the game maxed out @ 4K HDR at around 60-70 fps on average.

Unfortunately it was the death of main series Final Fantasy games for me. I don't do action combat and just couldn't get into it. So I have no intention of getting the Windows version unless it is practically given away for free. Also I've only managed to get a 3070 to drive the TV. I do want a 3080+ but... no luck getting one yet (at any sane price).

1 hour ago, porina said:

Unfortunately it was the death of main series Final Fantasy games for me. I don't do action combat and just couldn't get into it. So I have no intention of getting the Windows version unless it is practically given away for free. Also I've only managed to get a 3070 to drive the TV. I do want a 3080+ but... no luck getting one yet (at any sane price).

Sad to hear, for me it was the entry because they finally went away from turn based combat into the action type. I myself am really excited when Final Fantasy 7 will come to PC 😉

On 5/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, xAcid9 said:

The lock picking sucks, keep using the mod. 🤣

I like the lockpicking ☹️