Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Would Lmg be interested in promoting first robotics? We're a ftc robotics team that is going to the worlds competition this april and we believe it would be an intresting topic for you target audience as well as promoting a very important topic for the younger generations (elementary, middle school, high school) as a way to introduce them to the tech world along with engineering and outreach. Sincerely Gatorybytes team 18457 from newbury park, california I6_EKHgSZWhkjheUuSY55au-46SStRRsGr61QPhwRjyB5HDn8mAL-iHoMacl2vz46fs4lLGNtRuTqE0tSHz1v5pT183uKzCQtsqcOjhegAhfS13LwOx35P9x0_xLi72LYpGzvvpPjXEppfGT2rXC-O1tgw=s2048Cad design of this year robot

with the release of the most recent video about your environmental test chamber, and in relation to how the thermal paste froze i am curious to see the viability of a passively cooled computer in that environment

I've been wanting to get more into home automation, so I would love to see a more in depth video about setting up Home Assistant.

When/if Intel Arc fixes its glitchiness and becomes enjoyable to daily drive, maybe a reboot of the Intel Arc challenge would be in order so we can see how far Intel has come in the GPU space.

Collab to help another YouTube Channel with their horrible video storage they recently mentioned in a video.

Grind Hard Plumbing Co.

Testing the 6x6 SxS Mini Truck!

At the 18 minute mark Edwin explains how he has purchased all the rugged 2tb drives from amazon & how he stores everything in portable drives at home. Please help them save the years of "PREMIUM" content!

Please do a "Most Flammable PC" video or stream. It can use infamous components like the RTX 4090, NZXT H1 case, and a Gigabyte P750GM PSU.

I would love to see LTT do a regular person's guide to online privacy/security, that doesn't go way into the deep end. I use a password manager, have started using some authenticators, but a little fuzzy on the use of multiple emails or alias'. Also could you talk about the security impact of using your name as your email and if it's ok or bad? I would like to be more secure online but when searching on youtube it's hard to determine who has the best reputation for solid advice. 

Video / Video Series format

So get this, product reviews hosted by Sarah Butt (Those exist I know).

But! She's plays two personas:

1. Sarah Butt, friendly, cooperative, bubbly. (Basically herself.)

Dresses in flowery dresses, light colors.

2. Sarah A**, (Bleep it in the video for comedic effect too.) Impatient, yeller, loner, hard to please. 

Basically dresses like Rosie the riveter. Red Bandana, REALLY red lipstick to show some attitude (think Miranda Sings) and maybe a dum dum sucker.

*Quick Note this should not be taken as a slight against Sarah and her name. It's just seems funny to me. Shes a favorite, along with Jake, Alex, Riley and Linus* 

So I thought about a couple ways to format it too.

1. She can play both parts sitting at a table. And they seemingly conduct the review at the same time. ( Think Good Mythical Morning) splicing it together using green screen. They each have a product in front of them. 

2. Review it seperate.

I imagine the bloopers and production would be a gold mine for FP Exclusives. And I think Sarah would enjoy the fun and challenge. 

I also thought a way to add lore is to make them twins. But instead of one being Good and one being bad. One can be bad and one can be less bad. So the review can be kind of hectic and messy. And maybe an after credits scene of one of my favorites (see list above) doing the whole Spongebob Maid gag cleaning it up.

latest.jpg

23_MirandaSings_1440x810.jpg

We_Can_Do_It__qhtlbj.jpg

In yesterday's(April 7th) WAN Show, Linus said that Yvonne doesn't use landscape mode on her phone, even when watching movies, and it reminded me of LG Wing.

As someone who watches A LOT of videos on my phone, I understand her preferring to use portrait mode, it's a lot more comfortable than holding 150-200 grams on your pinky for long periods of time.

My video idea is the "LG Wing 1 month challenge", to see if it is a bad product or just badly priced.

remake of the AI linus video that was released 2 years ago, with the WAN show I think there would be even more voice to feed the current even better AI, maybe use the pitch difference to seperate linus' voice? there are software that can seperate speech, we'll see.

Ive hunted up and down the internet for more information

Which companies are implementing 
Which ones aren't and why 

When we might start too see this in titles like Rust for example 
Cheating is completely out of control right now ive actually been considering quitting gaming altogether 30 years a gamer and im so fed up with it now 

A nice bit of investigative reporting would go down a real treat here. 

Regards 
A Williams.

the best budget Security camera sistem for under 200$

44 minutes ago, TheDevil1 said:

A nice bit of investigative reporting would go down a real treat here. 

Regards 
A Williams.

Merged to the suggestions mega thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hi linus Tech Tips. For the past 8 years or so windows update has been overwriting newer graphics drivers with old drivers.

Why can't Microsoft fix this? It's a pretty widely known problem experienced by literally every person using an amd or intel gpu for the better part of a decade.

Can you use your considerable industry clout to get this fixed finally? Or at least publicly shame Microsoft for sucking.

Thank you for your time.

So I was looking at a website called Pandabuy, and I saw that they sell computer hardware and thought it would be a good video idea for LTT. Pandabuy (for the people who don't know) is a Chinese wholesale site that typically sells replica clothing among other things. I thought a video could be made in the same light as the very successful Wish videos and Aliexpress videos. Any thoughts?

Do a technical video about different mice micro switch de-bouncing methods, with the purpose of roasting current mouse manufacturers for not using the set/reset latch de-bouncing method. Also, point out the fact that optical switches also solve the problem, which the market seems to be trending towards (the problem being unintentional double-clicking or click-releasing).

Sources: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hack-mouse-click-do-it-yourself,4458.html

https://zaunkoenig.co/blog/zaunkoenig-m1k-firmware (the section labelled "Zero lag switch debouncing") 

When I was in college, I was one of the first scholarship Streamers/Casters in the United States of America there was a "need" for dual PC's. you need one for streaming, one for gaming and then you run a video capture card and bada bing bada boom you can now stream efortlessly. The problem was that moving in and out of the dorm with 4 moniotrs, 2 PC's, 3 keyboards, 3, mice, my sound mixer, Yeit pro mic, yamaha mixer, etc.... it was a hassle...

Furthermore, my vehical was broken into multiple times during move in and out... Senior year, I had my ultrawide monitor, esport tower, HyperX cloud 2, and my yeti blackout stolen the during finals right before I left for home...

With many people wanting to stream and play my questions is 4 fold. 

1. What is the true benefit of having a stream PC anymore?

2. How can a two PC system be build on a budget with specs that get the job done?

3. Can you combine these PC's into a single PC (either 2 MOBA, server  HW, or ingle CPU chonky boi). 

4. can a modern day laptop and a discount sub $700 tower from bestbuy be combined to get thigns done?

Hello  Linus Team from portugal!!

I have suggestion, why not talk about Vintage computers as Sinclair Zs Spectrum +2?

Maybe Challenge put some guys from generation Z or from your team, trying to load a game, im sure will be fun!!

On another note, I think a video to help univsersities and school understand the postivie value in organized content creation & gaming would be awesome.

I believe that casual or even structured esport/gaming/tech/ streaming communities on campuses help improve student retention. If LTT was to launch their own on campus university how would yall use gaming to improve not only student retention but increase GPAs.

I was apart of a small university that built out a varsity league of legends team in the first wave of university esports. Back in 2016-2019 esports in colleges was new and there was this stigma that gaming will lead to a decrease in student GPAs. The Rec & Intramurals Director figured that gaming couldn;t be that bad if it .

1. Had students coming out of their dorm rooms,

2. Had students building relationships, friendships, and some level of accountability. 

A small rural university like those in the midwest of the USA can have a YoY student retention rate of ~40-70% with a 4 year graduation rate of something like ~30%. When we brought esports to campus students got excited, when we launched our streaming community Students got involved... 

Another point to cover in the video should be how universities can keep these programs alive YoY, we addressed this by integrating it into school programs. the account department had students in their accounting and finance clubs aiding in the management of sponsorships and budgeting... 

How should a university integrate streaming? what software can they use? what hardware should they look out for? what sort of training and onboarding should they follow? 

LTT has a lot of knowledge on how to be a media group, make a informational starter kit and/or tutorial for Linus Media Group for university student groups and administration that address the theory of student retention, the idea of content creation, guidelines for how to program a space, thoughts for scheduling streaming in a community, and finally, how to structure the community so that revenue and created content helps boster the current and future students. 

A video on modding or Custom vehical infotainment systems that outpace even the current gen systems... 

Adding things like parked car movie watching, decent navigation, reading sensor data that base level systems ignore and playing doom while parked...

I would love it if the labs could compare streaming services like steam link and moonlight. I noticed steam link having massively lower picture qualitity. But there should be much more to this, like latency and compability. Maybe discuss other options to get the couch gaming experience. 

Hello LTT team,

you must to try this "toy" if you can to build one. I find it very fun to play in CSGO and others FPS games 😆

https://www.facebook.com/reel/245687481261292?fs=e&s=m

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

Samsung makes Micro LED tvs. currently the only thing available is "The Wall" which is 110 inches.

The thing is, its made up of smaller panels that connect together instead of one big one. Maybe Samsung could send you an individual panel for you to game on.

This might be the first "micro LED" gaming tv that you could try. IDK how big each panel is, maybe they are 30-40 inches but it would make for a fascinating video and a sneak peek at this technology. 

LED display design