Rant about MSI

Inception9269

I am so fkin done with MSI. I will never buy another product from them, and I will never recommend another product from them.

Back when 3rd gen Ryzen launched, the very first day I ordered it and an MSI motherboard, MSI was at the time a brand I really liked. The board was a MPG x570 gaming pro carbon. Technically I ended up using a Gigabyte x570 board I got from Micro center cause I thought the MSI one was DOA but it turned out it was fine, so I kept it as a backup motherboard. Then some months later my gigabyte board died cause of water damage, fortunately I had the MSI one to fall back on. I used that board for close to a year before it completely shit the bed and died out of the blue, whenever I tried turning on the pc the debug leds would show for dram and cpu. I didn't want to wait out the possible several weeks an RMA would have taken so I went to Micro center and bought a really nice Asus one (which is still working flawlessly), I then went and got an RMA for the MSI board, figuring that I would use the replacement as either a backup motherboard or for a new build.

I just today realized that they sent back the exact same motherboard. Back when I received it, I didn't test it to see if it worked, I took them for their word. Though they didn't send it back in the same packaging that I sent it in, it being a plain white box with the manual, sata cables and wifi adapter dropped in. I did a case swap last night for my main pc, and then today I did an upgrade for my living room pc. For that pc I used the MSI board I had and also stuck my 3700x cpu in it as an upgrade. Whenever I pulled the motherboard out of the box the first thing that tipped me off was that the anti-static bag was the exact same, it even having the same scotch tape keeping it close. I examined the board and nothing stood out to me, but when I took the M.2 plate off to install it I then saw there was no tape covering the thermal pad and I could see the imprint left by the previous drive. I knew then that it was the same motherboard that I sent off. I ignored that and continued building the pc, figuring that maybe it was repaired and not replaced, so I put the pc together and turn it on and its spitting out the same dram and cpu error leds.

Are you fucking kidding me? You make me pay to mail it to you so that you'll honor the warranty and you literally just dump it into a new box and mail it back. MSI is dead to me. This isn't even the first time I felt cheated by them, back years ago with my first ever Intel pc I had a Z97 motherboard from MSI that completely shit the bed, and I tried getting it RMA'd and it was denied despite technically being in the last available month of the warranty

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

7 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

I am so fkin done with MSI. I will never buy another product from them, and I will never recommend another product from them.

Back when 3rd gen Ryzen launched, the very first day I ordered it and an MSI motherboard, MSI was at the time a brand I really liked. The board was a MPG x570 gaming pro carbon. Technically I ended up using a Gigabyte x570 board I got from Micro center cause I thought the MSI one was DOA but it turned out it was fine, so I kept it as a backup motherboard. Then some months later my gigabyte board died cause of water damage, fortunately I had the MSI one to fall back on. I used that board for close to a year before it completely shit the bed and died out of the blue, whenever I tried turning on the pc the debug leds would show for dram and cpu. I didn't want to wait out the possible several weeks an RMA would have taken so I went to Micro center and bought a really nice Asus one (which is still working flawlessly), I then went and got an RMA for the MSI board, figuring that I would use the replacement as either a backup motherboard or for a new build.

I just today realized that they sent back the exact same motherboard. Back when I received it, I didn't test it to see if it worked, I took them for their word. Though they didn't send it back in the same packaging that I sent it in, it being a plain white box with the manual, sata cables and wifi adapter dropped in. I did a case swap last night for my main pc, and then today I did an upgrade for my living room pc. For that pc I used the MSI board I had and also stuck my 3700x cpu in it as an upgrade. Whenever I pulled the motherboard out of the box the first thing that tipped me off was that the anti-static bag was the exact same, it even having the same scotch tape keeping it close. I examined the board and nothing stood out to me, but when I took the M.2 plate off to install it I then saw there was no tape covering the thermal pad and I could see the imprint left by the previous drive. I knew then that it was the same motherboard that I sent off. I ignored that and continued building the pc, figuring that maybe it was repaired and not replaced, so I put the pc together and turn it on and its spitting out the same dram and cpu error leds.

Are you fucking kidding me? You make me pay to mail it to you so that you'll honor the warranty and you literally just dump it into a new box and mail it back. MSI is dead to me. This isn't even the first time I felt cheated by them, back years ago with my first ever Intel pc I had a Z97 motherboard from MSI that completely shit the bed, and I tried getting it RMA'd and it was denied despite technically being in the last available month of the warranty

Welp, time to wait for the thread lock (probably). 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

5 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Welp, time to wait for the thread lock (probably). 

why?

8 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

why?

Probably considered status-update material, and "flame-bait," according to the standards. Who knows, the mods have the final say.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Ive always used Asus motherboards and never had an issue.

Great UEFI and build quality.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Probably considered status-update material, and "flame-bait," according to the standards. Who knows, the mods have the final say.

I consider it more of a discussion than flame bait or anything.

Just sharing a shit experience I had with a manufacturer.

Just now, Enderman said:

Ive always used Asus motherboards and never had an issue.

Great UEFI and build quality.

I used to be in favor of MSI and would defend them as being just as good as the others. But things like this I find unacceptable.

The board I'm using in my main pc is from Asus, and I've had zero problems with it so far, and honestly I probably will stick with them when it comes to my main builds.

I'll still get whatever's affordable and good for secondary builds

Got off the phone with MSI support, guy issued me another RMA. He told me apparently they previously repaired and tested the board and supposedly it worked, but it clearly isn't. He told me to mark on the box replace so they don't try doing it again.

I said earlier just now and earlier today to someone else that I will never buy another product from MSI, but I ended up buying a replacement board from them earlier today.

I wanted to do the upgrade on my second pc today and didn't want to order one and wait over a week to receive it, that being a week where my second pc (mainly used for Plex) would be down, and having the parts sitting on my kitchen table so I ended up going to Best Buy. I love Micro Center and would have gone there, but that's an hour drive one way, whereas Best buy is a 20 min drive. They literally only had four AMD boards, all from MSI. I bought a B550 one, and it works perfectly fine in that pc. I still plan on sticking to Asus for my main pc. As for if I'd ever recommend MSI to anyone, that'll depend on if they give me a new board as a replacement and not send the same one back. I'll likely keep the replacement as a backup or if I ever build a new pc.

MSi have a few negative large media reports.

Not saying other makers are spotless, but MSi are worth the double look before pulling any trigger I feel.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

5 minutes ago, Tieox said:

MSi have a few negative large media reports.

Not saying other makers are spotless, but MSi are worth the double look before pulling any trigger I feel.

I forgot about those topics.

Like I said, going forward I'll more than likely stick with Asus for my main builds. I do like Gigabyte, I used them before the MSI one, and it worked fine up until accidentally got some water on it while upgrading something. That was the rare time I ever opted in for the 2 year warranty for something, it being with Micro center, I got my money back and didn't RMA that one

I personally wouldn't drop a brand based on one bad product experience.

I've only stopped buying from one brand (Asus) after multiple product failures across many years and across different price points. Example from Asus:

2013 Nexus 7 touch screen, rotation sensor, failure. (lasted about 3 years).

2012 M5A99 FX R2.0 (Top of the line) motherboard USB grounding issue across TWO boards (first one RMA'd, but still failed).

~2012 Asus monitor HDMI EEPROM corruption and overall terrible white balance (whites look pink).

2021 Strix Carry mouse, bluetooth died after 3 months.

Now THOSE are reasons why I'm no longer touching Asus products.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

My first motherboard was a MSI Z97 Gaming 5. That thing is four years old and still goes (well at least the last time I used it before I did a platform upgrade in Feb 2019). That was an awesome motherboard and never had any real issues with it. Now I have a MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and this board is rock solid for a couple years now. I've had some issues with the motherboard, mainly my fault but a simple clear CMOS does the trick. Back when the MSI GTX 1070 came out, prices were elevated due to miners a couple years back and after two brand new cards being sent to me from Amazon, they bad bent PCBs particularly after the PCIe faceplace. 3rd time was the charm and the curve wasn't that bad, so I kept it.

I do have a monitor that I am currently using right now, a MSI MAG271CQR, and I've noticed these "holes" whenever I see a black screen/dark images where there are certain spots on the panel where you can see the pixels if you move around the location and from different viewing angles, they would change color between the red-green-blue of the pixel. They generally don't bother me but I'd probably pick a AOC or Samsung monitor as my next choice a couple years from now...unless the panel dies for whatever reason. 

7 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

I've only stopped buying from one brand (Asus) after multiple product failures across many years and across different price points. Example from Asus:

2012 M5A99 FX R2.0 (Top of the line) motherboard USB grounding issue across TWO boards (first one RMA'd, but still failed).

~2012 Asus monitor HDMI EEPROM corruption and overall terrible white balance (whites look pink).

I've had issues with Asus gaming laptop back in 2014. One laptop would be BSODing due to bad drivers. I contacted ASUS support about it and they said to go one by one and keep the drivers up to date. I've even returned them to exchange out three times for a new laptop and came to the same issue, unless I updated the drivers. Then the issue would go away and then come back whenever a new driver was released (not a joke, happened every time). Then after 5 months on the 3rd laptop, the motherboard went bad. Best Buy gave store credit and I just went with a MacBook Pro to use for schoolwork and kept my prebuilt as my gaming rig at the time. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

I have to go based off my experiences. Assuming something doesn't die, I typically don't buy that much pc related things. One thing I like doing is an overhaul of my main pc every 2 years or so. So of the things that I have bought, MSI is the one that I've had the most issues with.

When it comes to peripherals, my mouse and keyboard are from Corsair, and I likely will replace them at some point this year cause the Corsair software is complete dog shit and crashes all the time. A lot of the time (well before the usb issues some AMD users are experiencing) my keyboard won't turn on when I wake up/turn on my pc, unplugging and plugging it back in resolves the issue. And for my mouse the sensitivity seems to change every time the icue software shits the bed, programmable keys also stop working when that happens

9 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

My first motherboard was a MSI Z97 Gaming 5. That thing is four years old and still goes (well at least the last time I used it before I did a platform upgrade in Feb 2019). That was an awesome motherboard and never had any real issues with it. Now I have a MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC and this board is rock solid for a couple years now. I've had some issues with the motherboard, mainly my fault but a simple clear CMOS does the trick. Back when the MSI GTX 1070 came out, prices were elevated due to miners a couple years back and after two brand new cards being sent to me from Amazon, they bad bent PCBs particularly after the PCIe faceplace. 3rd time was the charm and the curve wasn't that bad, so I kept it.

I do have a monitor that I am currently using right now, a MSI MAG271CQR, and I've noticed these "holes" whenever I see a black screen/dark images where there are certain spots on the panel where you can see the pixels if you move around the location and from different viewing angles, they would change color between the red-green-blue of the pixel. They generally don't bother me but I'd probably pick a AOC or Samsung monitor as my next choice a couple years from now...unless the panel dies for whatever reason. 

I've had issues with Asus gaming laptop back in 2014. One laptop would be BSODing due to bad drivers. I contacted ASUS support about it and they said to go one by one and keep the drivers up to date. I've even returned them to exchange out three times for a new laptop and came to the same issue, unless I updated the drivers. Then the issue would go away and then come back whenever a new driver was released (not a joke, happened every time). Then after 5 months on the 3rd laptop, the motherboard went bad. Best Buy gave store credit and I just went with a MacBook Pro to use for schoolwork and kept my prebuilt as my gaming rig at the time. 

I have an ASUS G-Sync monitor that I have a bit of an issue with. Technically the monitor was refurbished when I bought it, so might not be completely against Asus. There being a couple of bright spots, I guess the issue is the film on the screen. It's still a good monitor, it being 2560x1440p with 165hz. I still plan on keeping it for at least another year though. I really do want to get a 3080 gpu, but by the time they're readily available I'd probably be better off waiting for the next gen ones after that. I really like 1440p gaming, but with future Nvidia cards I might consider upgrading to a 4k monitor, considering I would imagine the inevitable 4000 series gpus would be so much better at 4k than even current 3000 series ones

1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

I have an ASUS G-Sync monitor that I have a bit of an issue with. Technically the monitor was refurbished when I bought it, so might not be completely against Asus. There being a couple of bright spots, I guess the issue is the film on the screen. It's still a good monitor, it being 2560x1440p with 165hz. I still plan on keeping it for at least another year though. I really do want to get a 3080 gpu, but by the time they're readily available I'd probably be better off waiting for the next gen ones after that. I really like 1440p gaming, but with future Nvidia cards I might consider upgrading to a 4k monitor, considering I would imagine the inevitable 4000 series gpus be so much better at 4k than even current 3000 series ones

Yeah the "hole" issue on my monitor is something I'm not too concerned about, although I do have a protection plan on it from when I bought it at Micro Center, but I don't think they would want to do anything with it or be difficult to replace. I'm pretty happy with my monitor at 2560x1440 and 144Hz. 4K seems like a waste to me and 1440 strikes a great balance between 1080 and 4k. 

After the issue with the ASUS laptop, I'd probably never buy another ASUS product again. Although I do have a router from them and it's pretty decent and quite an upgrade over the previous one. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

MSI mad some horrible X570 boards just like how 1/2 the OEMs made bad Z490 boards . I know hardware unboxed ripped into them.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I had an MSI GTX 770 Gaming that suddenly died after 4 years of light usage. On their forums, they give the excuse that all hardware dies and even tried to convince me that 4 years is normal average lifespan for a GPU.

Later, I bought one of their Force controllers, it came with a left stick problem, never worked right out of the box at a software level, many people complained, but they never fixed it since they don't even have drivers for it.

MSI is trash, people forgot, but MSI used to be a cheaper alternative to Asus, a budget brand, only since their popularity increased, they inflated their prices to be considered a top brand. Many people think they are. I've never bought from them again and I never will.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

Lol if you think Asus support is any better you're gonna be in for a shock.

This whole business of damning an entire company because you had one bad experience is pretty dumb. Do a quick a google search and you'll find horror stories with every major mobo manufacturer. So who do we use?

I've had multiple Asus mobos fail on me. I currently have an MSI and it has been rock solid so far.

4 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Lol if you think Asus support is any better you're gonna be in for a shock.

This whole business of damning an entire company because you had one bad experience is pretty dumb. Do a quick a google search and you'll find horror stories with every major mobo manufacturer. So who do we use?

I've had multiple Asus mobos fail on me after a couple of years. I currently have an MSI and it has been rock solid so far.

things obviously vary. what works for one person doesn't always work for another.

back with 1st gen Ryzen I heard many folks say a lot of negative things about Asus boards. I've heard some folks say that Gigabyte was the better one to go with for 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen, with Asus it wasn't until after the 2nd gen was out that they decided to put out the same quality boards that they would the Intel platform.

2 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

why?

Because everyone keeps covering up for MSI, the excuse that all hardware dies will always allow them to get away. There can't be enough evidence to support the fact that they die more often than the others. Not really for this thread, but that's what usually happens.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

Well what did you exepct from a company that lied about how many phases their FX boards had?

What did you expect from a company that will not update BIOS on certain boards?

What did you expect from a company that just agreed to GPP (GeForce Partner Program)

What did you expect from a company that tried to crush a Youtuber for pointing out a problem with their gaming laptop?

What did you exepct from a company that WAS USING A 3RD PARTY COMPANY TO SCALP CONSUMERS?!! O3O

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

39 minutes ago, Nena Trinity said:

Well what did you exepct from a company that lied about how many phases their FX boards had? I legit don't know about this and/or was never impacted me

What did you expect from a company that will not update BIOS on certain boards? I legit don't know about this and/or was never impacted me

What did you expect from a company that just agreed to GPP (GeForce Partner Program) The 1070 is the last MSI gpu I ever bought, that controversy being after

What did you expect from a company that tried to crush a Youtuber for pointing out a problem with their gaming laptop? That happened long after buying my MSI board

What did you exepct from a company that WAS USING A 3RD PARTY COMPANY TO SCALP CONSUMERS?!! O3O same response as one above.

Also, when it comes to pcs I typically prefer sticking to the same brand for aesthetics (Same board vendor x same gpu vendor), obviously it doesn't make a difference for the most part. For my next gpu upgrade I'll likely try going for an Asus one to match my motherboard.

17 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

Also, when it comes to pcs I typically prefer sticking to the same brand for aesthetics (Same board vendor x same gpu vendor), obviously it doesn't make a difference for the most part. For my next gpu upgrade I'll likely try going for an Asus one to match my motherboard.

I agree normally but sometimes that just doesnt happen haha, I used a MSI board with Gigabyte GPU and then ASUS board my other system had MSI and MSI then ASRock + MSI. My only advice is do not buy a MSI at all even if its a GPU you will not be able to RMA from them I heard a guy was offered money back instead since they rather sell cards at inflated prices! 😞 

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

15 minutes ago, Nena Trinity said:

I agree normally but sometimes that just doesnt happen haha, I used a MSI board with Gigabyte GPU and then ASUS board my other system had MSI and MSI then ASRock + MSI. My only advice is do not buy a MSI at all even if its a GPU you will not be able to RMA from them I heard a guy was offered money back instead since they rather sell cards at inflated prices! 😞 

I say I try to match them, but I don't think I've ever been able to. My very first pc back in 2014 had a shitty fx-8350 with an asrock motherboard and an evga 750 ti. my first Intel pc in 2015 had a z97 MSI board and gigabyte 980. third had an MSI x99 board and my MSI 1070, then i went to AMD with 3rd gen ryzen, with a watercooled Aorus 2080 S. The only time that matched was when I had my Gigabyte board before it died.

Hmm...

So you water damaged your gigabyte board, did you make sure the CPU and RAM weren't damaged in the process?

I don't like MSI boards but only because of their unintuitive bios

Gigabyte is one of the company I hate though, shit tier products, and nonexistent customer service

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately