Rant about MSI

Inception9269
1 hour ago, Nena Trinity said:

Well what did you exepct from a company that lied about how many phases their FX boards had?

What did you expect from a company that will not update BIOS on certain boards?

What did you expect from a company that just agreed to GPP (GeForce Partner Program)

What did you expect from a company that tried to crush a Youtuber for pointing out a problem with their gaming laptop?

What did you exepct from a company that WAS USING A 3RD PARTY COMPANY TO SCALP CONSUMERS?!! O3O

Well, they didn't exactly "Lie" about the phase count - It was whether it could reliably handle a hex cored chip and live.
Had one myself (790FX - GD70) and while it did run the chip I had in it for a period of time (1100T) it eventually just died one day.
No OC applied or anything else, just.... Dead, showing FF on the POST readout indicating dead MOSFET(s).

MSI unfortunately was also bad about using the cheapest MOSFETs on the market to use (Nikos) and probrably still do in at least some models, I can say however the X570 MEG ACE I've got is rather good and I've leaned on it a few times.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Yawn.

Someone has one of these "I'll never buy from them again" stories for every single major brand. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

Hmm...

So you water damaged your gigabyte board, did you make sure the CPU and RAM weren't damaged in the process?

I don't like MSI boards but only because of their unintuitive bios

Gigabyte is one of the company I hate though, shit tier products, and nonexistent customer service

Considering I still used that same (3700x) cpu up until last December when I upgraded to a 5800x, and now have it living on inside my living room pc, the cpu is fine. The ram I've had since 2017, it being a 16gb kit from Corsair, it still going strong.

I think hardware-wise Gigabyte is good, but I do not like their software at all. When it came to updating motherboard drivers I ended up opting to not even install their utility tool and just check their website every month or so for driver updates.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

10 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Hmm...

So you water damaged your gigabyte board, did you make sure the CPU and RAM weren't damaged in the process?

I don't like MSI boards but only because of their unintuitive bios

Gigabyte is one of the company I hate though, shit tier products, and nonexistent customer service

While my b350m is quite buggy and only half of the advertised features seem to work, and cryptic Chinese warning messages aside, it's rather rock solid, provided i don't try to run newest bios or windows versions... think I'm like 6 months without a crash now on this version of windows *knock on wood*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

I am so fkin done with MSI. I will never buy another product from them, and I will never recommend another product from them.

Often the first procedure is to test your motherboard, make any needed repairs and return it. You will see that from many companies. I'm aware of the sketch way msi has been dealing with negative reviews but I would tell you that that kind of behavior is prevalent in a lot more than the computer hardware industry.

Hopefully your experience with the other companies will be great but I've been building long enough to have had issues from almost everyone. I've had multiple problems with gigabyte, and probably the least issues with asrock rack (but their offerings are designed for a harsh environment). Given that the first system I built was at 15 and involved a cyrix 686+ I think thats a lot of experience building. Best customer service ever was a DFI LanParty motherboard that I think was socket 7 and they didn't RMA me, they just sent a new one after I described my trouble shooting steps.

Full disclosure: I have systems with asrock, gigabyte, and msi in my house right now and just built two with asus motherboards. The only company I'm still actively shunning is nzxt because of the background data collection in their cam software.

However you go forward I would consider reaching out and asking why your board was returned faulty, if you've ever gotten your burger king order messed up you might understand what a lot of these companies deal with in regard to tier 1 techs, they are typically not very technically adept and simply follow a set procedure that is exceedingly basic. It is possible that your system booted with their test cpu and reference dram.

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

While my b350m is quite buggy and only half of the advertised features seem to work, and cryptic Chinese warning messages aside, it's rather rock solid, provided i don't try to run newest bios or windows versions... think I'm like 6 months without a crash now on this version of windows *knock on wood*

that's pretty bad.

when it comes to W10 feature updates like the most recent one, I try to hold out a couple months before updating so that hopefully there's no bugs with it. Some time last year following a windows feature update 3 of my drives randomly lost data, it literally being moved to hidden windows system folders. In addition to that all permissions for the drives were completely gone, meaning any time I tried opening any folder or launching something that was on those drives I kept getting the window where I don't have permission and need to request it. I spent so much time going through and manually adding permissions to all the folders on those drives but even that didn't solve all my problems. In the end the thing that solved the problem was backing up what I wanted to keep off those drives and then wiping them completely and starting fresh with no data on them, only that solved my problem.

1 hour ago, RandomlyDave said:

Often the first procedure is to test your motherboard, make any needed repairs and return it. You will see that from many companies. I'm aware of the sketch way msi has been dealing with negative reviews but I would tell you that that kind of behavior is prevalent in a lot more than the computer hardware industry.

Hopefully your experience with the other companies will be great but I've been building long enough to have had issues from almost everyone. I've had multiple problems with gigabyte, and probably the least issues with asrock rack (but their offerings are designed for a harsh environment). Given that the first system I built was at 15 and involved a cyrix 686+ I think thats a lot of experience building. Best customer service ever was a DFI LanParty motherboard that I think was socket 7 and they didn't RMA me, they just sent a new one after I described my trouble shooting steps.

Full disclosure: I have systems with asrock, gigabyte, and msi in my house right now and just built two with asus motherboards. The only company I'm still actively shunning is nzxt because of the background data collection in their cam software.

However you go forward I would consider reaching out and asking why your board was returned faulty, if you've ever gotten your burger king order messed up you might understand what a lot of these companies deal with in regard to tier 1 techs, they are typically not very technically adept and simply follow a set procedure that is exceedingly basic. It is possible that your system booted with their test cpu and reference dram.

The MSI customer support guy checked the previous RMA and it said that the board was repaired and tested, but it was still having the exact same error as before. Him telling me to label this one on the exterior with replace so they'll have it replaced and not try repairing it again.

When it comes to other things, I don't have as extensive of a history with all that. I started building pcs in 2014, and since then I built or upgraded around a dozen at least. I've also worked on my fair share and consider myself pretty knowledgeable on computers.

NZXT I also refuse to purchase from. Back in 2017 I think, I built a pc in the Noctis 450 case, and that case just felt cheap material wise and quality wise. It didn't help that the window was scratched before I even took it out of the box. At the same time I also got this one Kraken 280mm AIO from them, and on arrival one fan was smashed to pieces (likely from shipping) and the second fan was warped from I'm guessing heat cause it couldn't rotate, the blade hitting the sides. I got ahold of NZXT and said some colorful things, though I do give them credit though cause at no cost to me they sent me two replacement fans as well as a replacement window panel for the case. But I still didn't like the quality of them and ended up buying my own fans from elsewhere, it all felt like cheap plastic despite the price tag.

I had to deal with the cam software back in the beginning, and it was complete garbage. Having the program open seemed to slow down my pc, and even when the program was open it wasn't responsive at all, like after clicking through a few windows it'd just freeze up. I ended up replacing the case with the Fractal Design Define 6 and the cooler with the Celsius 36, the quality of those were so much better than the NZXT of those. The materials and build quality alone better reflected how much I paid for them in comparison to the NZXT ones which were around the same prices, if not more. I used them up until just the other day when I case and psu swapped to the new Seasonic Syncro ones, and I also went back to air for cooling, using the Noctua NH-D15

16 hours ago, Enderman said:

Ive always used Asus motherboards and never had an issue.

Great UEFI and build quality.

Literally just switched from my Asus strix b450f to msi b550 after the asus bricked itself.

Reports of bad experience where the n=1 are always difficult to evaluate.  Only the manufacturer can say for sure how many bad components make it into the supply chain and AFAIK there is no consumer collection of such data.  I've done maybe 20 builds total and have used only ASUS and Gigabyte MoBos.  I do have an MSI B460I coming next week for a new video streaming PC as I could not find one from the other two manufacturers with equivalent specifications.  In those 20 builds I have had one component failure, a Gigabyte 1660 GPU.  I've used a couple of different MSI GPUs that were fine. 

It sucks when you have a component failure but things are much better today.  I can remember a desktop PC that I had back in 1990 where the hard drive failed every six months.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

29 minutes ago, Alan G said:

Reports of bad experience where the n=1 are always difficult to evaluate.  Only the manufacturer can say for sure how many bad components make it into the supply chain and AFAIK there is no consumer collection of such data.  I've done maybe 20 builds total and have used only ASUS and Gigabyte MoBos.  I do have an MSI B460I coming next week for a new video streaming PC as I could not find one from the other two manufacturers with equivalent specifications.  In those 20 builds I have had one component failure, a Gigabyte 1660 GPU.  I've used a couple of different MSI GPUs that were fine. 

It sucks when you have a component failure but things are much better today.  I can remember a desktop PC that I had back in 1990 where the hard drive failed every six months.

The thing that I find amusing is it seems like a few times a year I'm in a situation where I have to diagnose and solve a problem affecting my pc, and yet my friend who isn't tech savvy and had both of his pcs built by me rarely ever runs into issues that need to be diagnosed. There was literally only two main issues I remember him ever having, one a few years ago where his EVGA 980 was dying, it being replaced with an MSI 1060 that works great, and a few months back when he was having sudden system restarts, replacing his ram solved that problem. I just find it funny that despite me building all these pcs, the person that's the least tech savvy but still plays a ton on his pc is the one that has very few pc issues.

There's numerous reasons why I don't like MSI, including several failed parts. I won't go near their products again, regardless of how they're reviewed.

I do find it kind of hilarious that you go on that kind of a rant only to immediately cave and buy something from them again. Kind of sad, really. That's some strong conviction you've got there 😉

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

I do find it kind of hilarious that you go on that kind of a rant only to immediately cave and buy something from them again. Kind of sad, really. That's some strong conviction you've got there 😉

like I said, I wanted that pc done with yesterday and didn't want to order one and wait a week or so to get it. I mainly use that pc for my Plex server, I don't have cable or anything like that. I also didn't want to spend close to 3 hours driving to micro center and back, best buy being 20-30 mins away, them only having 3 boards, all from MSI

Edited by Spotty

the biggest problem I have with msi is the lack of fcking fan control in the bios of my b250m bazooka.

It's rediclious that a modern motherboard doesn't have CPU or case fan control.

Afterburner is great though.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 4/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, Inception9269 said:

like I said, I wanted that pc done with yesterday and didn't want to order one and wait a week or so to get it. I mainly use that pc for my Plex server, I don't have cable or anything like that. I also didn't want to spend close to 3 hours driving to micro center and back, best buy being 20-30 mins away, them only having 3 boards, all from MSI

I mean, my point still stands. If I had the choice of buying MSI or waiting a couple of days for a board to ship, I simply would have waited a couple of days.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 3/31/2021 at 4:00 PM, Inception9269 said:

LOL yea I was heavy into MSI as well back when the company launched years ago with HOT RED Motherboards! they were so different and so majestic... until I did my builds with them and after the warranty expired all the capacitors blew up like balloons and exploded like popcorn yes exploded VIOLENTLY! there was actual fire too! after that I gave MSI another shot by purchasing a video artifacts out of the box or fails to run. retail box back then from newegg. so yea I highly recommend avoiding all MSI products in the future.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:44 AM, Mark Kaine said:

my b350m is quite buggy and only half of the advertised features seem to work

think I'm like 6 months without a crash

it's rather rock solid

I feel like those are massively conflicting statements 🤔

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

On 4/1/2021 at 5:06 AM, Middcore said:

Yawn.

Someone has one of these "I'll never buy from them again" stories for every single major brand. 

Well of course everyone will have face problems. 🙄🙄 Not every company is full of sunshine and roses and there is something bad bound to happen. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 hours ago, v0id said:

I feel like those are massively conflicting statements 🤔

Not really,  something can be buggy but still work well for the most part. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 4/1/2021 at 12:00 AM, Inception9269 said:

I am so fkin done with MSI. I will never buy another product from them, and I will never recommend another product from them.

Back when 3rd gen Ryzen launched, the very first day I ordered it and an MSI motherboard, MSI was at the time a brand I really liked. The board was a MPG x570 gaming pro carbon. Technically I ended up using a Gigabyte x570 board I got from Micro center cause I thought the MSI one was DOA but it turned out it was fine, so I kept it as a backup motherboard. Then some months later my gigabyte board died cause of water damage, fortunately I had the MSI one to fall back on. I used that board for close to a year before it completely shit the bed and died out of the blue, whenever I tried turning on the pc the debug leds would show for dram and cpu. I didn't want to wait out the possible several weeks an RMA would have taken so I went to Micro center and bought a really nice Asus one (which is still working flawlessly), I then went and got an RMA for the MSI board, figuring that I would use the replacement as either a backup motherboard or for a new build.

I just today realized that they sent back the exact same motherboard. Back when I received it, I didn't test it to see if it worked, I took them for their word. Though they didn't send it back in the same packaging that I sent it in, it being a plain white box with the manual, sata cables and wifi adapter dropped in. I did a case swap last night for my main pc, and then today I did an upgrade for my living room pc. For that pc I used the MSI board I had and also stuck my 3700x cpu in it as an upgrade. Whenever I pulled the motherboard out of the box the first thing that tipped me off was that the anti-static bag was the exact same, it even having the same scotch tape keeping it close. I examined the board and nothing stood out to me, but when I took the M.2 plate off to install it I then saw there was no tape covering the thermal pad and I could see the imprint left by the previous drive. I knew then that it was the same motherboard that I sent off. I ignored that and continued building the pc, figuring that maybe it was repaired and not replaced, so I put the pc together and turn it on and its spitting out the same dram and cpu error leds.

Are you fucking kidding me? You make me pay to mail it to you so that you'll honor the warranty and you literally just dump it into a new box and mail it back. MSI is dead to me. This isn't even the first time I felt cheated by them, back years ago with my first ever Intel pc I had a Z97 motherboard from MSI that completely shit the bed, and I tried getting it RMA'd and it was denied despite technically being in the last available month of the warranty

10 / 10 customer service

41 minutes ago, Preso said:

10 / 10 customer service

I rate the customer service 5/7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 hours ago, Sir Asvald said:

Well of course everyone will have face problems. 🙄🙄 Not every company is full of sunshine and roses and there is something bad bound to happen. 

That's my point though.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

• 2 weeks later...

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows