What is ur opinion on rgb lighting?

King of Memes

What are ur thoughts on rgb lighting?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What are ur thoughts on rgb?

I personally think its cool if i can set it to a couple of colors. But rainbow unicorn puke is just ok. 

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

It's fucking stupid.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It's fucking stupid.

kk

On keyboard(borderline on a Mouse too) : Yes, but only if it can be dimmed down to barely visible as well.

Anywhere else : No thanks.

Bright lights in my peripheral vision is highly distracting for me. I also see zero point to having a light show in my PC case. Like, why? Are you seriously spending your time watching the inside your case? Sure it's "pretty", but I sure am not going to be looking inside my case every minutes to see if my fans are still spinning or whatever, we got BIOS alarms for that kind of crap.

I even modded my alarm clock to dim the display further. Barely visible when the lights are on and just bright enough that I see the time at night without hurting my eyes or forcing me awake.(yes, I still use a good old fashion alarm clock instead of using my phone, it just WORKS and never runs out of juice in the middle of the night just because I forgot to plug it in and then I overslept and missed hours of work and...)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

unicorn barf is a massive turn off. it is so obnoxious.

In case lighting should be used as an accent, not as the main feature. Set it all to 1 or 2 colours that match the rest of your desk, or even your wallpaper.

I have RGB fans, but they are set to white only, and fairly dim so they are not distracting.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

unicorn barf is a massive turn off. it is so obnoxious.

In case lighting should be used as an accent, not as the main feature. Set it all to 1 or 2 colours that match the rest of your desk, or even your wallpaper.

I have RGB fans, but they are set to white only, and fairly dim so they are not distracting.

yes, i dont like insanely bright rgb. i agree about the accent. i use my rgb in a black case with a side panel, and it looks nice in there. i prefer black for rgb bc then it doesnt relfect

I like it on my keyboard, as back lit keyboards are super handy and I prefer by KB lit up purple. But that's it.

I really do not want my PC lit up like a Christmas tree for late night gaming sessions. I appreciate I might be in a minority on that. 

Unicorn barf (hat tip to @Arika Sfor the term), no.  But I do love it as a set piece to illuminate and accent the system.  I've got my vanity system set to a single color.  There is no evident motion or fluctuation to the illumination (other than some minor motion in the reservoir).  It just casts the system in a nice blue light.  Every time I look at it I drool a little bit.  I've added more light to it since first building it to more evenly illuminate it.  I'm thinking of getting some RGB RAM to get some light in that area because the center of the mobo only has the blue haze hitting it right now.  ❤️ 

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

56 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Unicorn barf (hat tip to @Arika Sfor the term), no.  But I do love it as a set piece to illuminate and accent the system.  I've got my vanity system set to a single color.  There is no evident motion or fluctuation to the illumination (other than some minor motion in the reservoir).  It just casts the system in a nice blue light.  Every time I look at it I drool a little bit.  I've added more light to it since first building it to more evenly illuminate it.  I'm thinking of getting some RGB RAM to get some light in that area because the center of the mobo only has the blue haze hitting it right now.  ❤️ 

yes, i love rgb set to one or two colors. 

I chose for: it's ok. Since I got my new build last year I finally have the chance to use RGB, it wasn't possible on my old build. So I finally got some RGB peripherals and I'm getting into it. I like RGB, but you can easily overdo it. For me I just need more lighting in my case, which is why I started it.

I could care less either way, but I really don't like it when it is overdone.

My PC has RGB fans and RAM with the GPU shroud also having RGB. The fans' RGB is turned off but there's no easy way to disable the RGB on both the RAM and GPU shroud without resorting to the notoriously crappy software needed to control them.

For keyboards and mice, I don't mind at all. It's a nice way to personalize but more than that is just a bit too far IMO.

As for why I chose RGB components when I was never going to use them...when you're building a computer in the midst of a shortage, you take whatever they have that fits your needs.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

PCs should have minimal RGB, and only used as an accent colour, not a main. 

RGB on wireless mice is stupid, as your hand covers the RGB and wastes the battery. 

Keyboards are fine if you can’t touch type, otherwise more distracting than anything. 

In the pc it's kinda cool but i don't like A LOT of rgb like a lot of people does it. I prefere to buy better things than buy rgb.

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

PCs should have minimal RGB, and only used as an accent colour, not a main. 

RGB on wireless mice is stupid, as your hand covers the RGB and wastes the battery. 

Keyboards are fine if you can’t touch type, otherwise more distracting than anything. 

rpg on wireless mice, it's kinda but it's led so doesn't spend a lot of battery.

Keyboards, sometimes the rgb distracts from the games but it's bcs i am dumb af.

Just now, r1ke_007 said:

rpg on wireless mice, it's kinda but it's led so doesn't spend a lot of battery.

Keyboards, sometimes the rgb distracts from the games but it's bcs i am dumb af.

I still have it turned off because I’d prefer an extra 10hrs battery life rather than a colored LED under my hand. 

Just now, gloop said:

I still have it turned off because I’d prefer an extra 10hrs battery life rather than a colored LED under my hand. 

i use an g203 so i don't have that problem.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

It's fucking stupid.

This may be inadequate to express my opinion on this.  I think rgb lighting on a PC is an active negative.  Not only is it not worth extra money, but it actually makes the thing worse.  If I wind up with a PC that has RGB I will actively attempt to nullify it.  Paying a fifth of the cost of a machine in RGB  as some seem to is just stupefying. You can get a really really nice desk lamp for $100.  Far better than the $300 in rgb I’ve heard of being spent. Rgb on a mouse body is less dumb because my hand covers it when using the computer and it can act as a power light (you can dim an overly bright power light btw with aluminum tape and a pin.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

This may be inadequate to express my opinion on this.  I think rgb lighting on a PC is an active negative.  Not only would it not be acceptable if free, but it actually makes the thing worse.  If I wind up with a PC that has RGB I will actively attempt to nullify it.  Paying a fifth of the cost of a machine in RGB  as some seem to is just stupefying. You can get a really really nice desk lamp for $100.  Far better than the $300 in rgb I’ve heard of being spent. 

It's a luxury so it cost more.

4 minutes ago, notR1ke said:

It's a luxury so it cost more.

There are people who will also pay money to kick you in the groin.  Conversely there are people in the world who pay money to be kicked in the groin.  So that’s a luxury too I guess.  There used to be these things on cars called tuneau bars.  They were a vestigial leftover from horse and carriages.  They cost money too.  I personally think rgb lighting is more stupid than tuneau bars.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

There are people who will also pay money to kick you in the groin.  Conversely there are people in the world who pay money to be kicked in the groin.  So that’s a luxury too I guess.

yo dude. You don't need to be so mean aggresive.

2 minutes ago, notR1ke said:

yo dude. You don't need to be so mean aggresive.

True I suppose.  Rgb lighting actually irritates me though.  I did modify the statement with some additional explanation.  Perhaps it needs more.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

True I suppose.  Rgb lighting actually irritates me though.  I did modify the statement with some additional explanation.  Perhaps it needs more.

You are the old kinda guy that likes reto things. And i agree. 🙂

4 minutes ago, notR1ke said:

You are the old kinda guy that likes reto things. And i agree. 🙂

Older isn’t necessarily better.  It’s often worse or much worse.  Sometimes it isn’t though.  When an objects primary attribute is metal thickness or wood hardness for example older can be better simply because some materials like copper were often much cheaper. It’s a case where design improvements are overwhelmed by material robustness.  People haven’t gotten smarter but they haven’t gotten stupider either.