What's THE game you were totally captivated by?

DeadnightWarrior

I played a lot of PC games in the last 25 years and of course I have my favourites.

There are a couple that were able to fill my entire free time for weeks, sometimes months.

One is "Lords Of The Realm II" from 1996: a classic strategy game, it blended a turn based micro management section with a real time combat section. I would spend hours upon hours on the micro management section alone, not realizing that the evening had turned to night and the night was turning to dawn! I bought it again on GOG lately and I'm still very much enjoying it, despite its age and complete lack of remasters or optimizations.

The other one, maybe THE one I got involved with more than any other game, is "Might And Magic VI: The Mandate Of Heaven" from 1998: a party based first person RPG, with crude pixellated graphics and extremely basic keyboard only controls, but with seemingly endless quests and a HUGE free-to-explore map. It took me several months to finish it. I was so obsessed with it that at one point I had it installed on four different computers (yes, back then there was no DRM, no activations, no Steam...): at home, at work, at my mum's house and at my holiday house. I would carry a floppy disk with the latest savegame in my pocket so that I could be able to continue playing wherever I wanted!

There are many games I loved even more, but none has ever managed to make me lose track of time like these two.

It's your turn now: what's your "one and only" game?

MAIN PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Patriot Viper 4 3200 | GPU: XFX RX580 4Gb GTS | Case: Sharkoon S25-W | Storage: M.2 NVME Adata Gammix S10 128Gb + SATA SSD WD Blue 1Tb | ODD: LG GH24NSD1 | PSU: Seasonic Core GM-500 | Display: AOC I2490PXQU | Cooler: Wraith Stealth | Keyboard: Logitech K120 | Mouse: Logitech B100 | Sound: the usual integrated Realtek | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RETRO PC: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M | RAM: 2Gb DDR 800 | GPU: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb | Case: Tacens Anima AC4500 | Storage: IDE WD Blue 80Gb + IDE DVD-RW drive + floppy drive | Sound: Terratec 128i ESS Solo-1 PCI | OS: Windows 98 SE + Windows XP SP3 + Linux Bionic Pup 32
HTPC: CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | Motherboard: AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Aegis 3200 | Case: Aerocool CS-101 | Storage: SATA SSD Silicon Power A55 256Gb | ODD: LG blu-ray WH14NS40 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Might and Magic is available on GOG, works through DOS Box and is completely DRM free. Pretty cheap as well in the trilogies. 

6 minutes ago, DeadnightWarrior said:

I played a lot of PC games in the last 25 years and of course I have my favourites.

There are a couple that were able to fill my entire free time for weeks, sometimes months.

One is "Lords Of The Realm II" from 1996: a classic strategy game, it blended a turn based micro management section with a real time combat section. I would spend hours upon hours on the micro management section alone, not realizing that the evening had turned to night and the night was turning to dawn! I bought it again on GOG lately and I'm still very much enjoying it, despite its age and complete lack of remasters or optimizations.

The other one, maybe THE one I got involved with more than any other game, is "Might And Magic VI: The Mandate Of Heaven" from 1998: a party based first person RPG, with crude pixellated graphics and extremely basic keyboard only controls, but with seemingly endless quests and a HUGE free-to-explore map. It took me several months to finish it. I was so obsessed with it that at one point I had it installed on four different computers (yes, back then there was no DRM, no activations, no Steam...): at home, at work, at my mum's house and at my holiday house. I would carry a floppy disk with the latest savegame in my pocket so that I could be able to continue playing wherever I wanted!

There are many games I loved even more, but none has ever managed to make me lose track of time like these two.

There's only few for me: WoW, Divinity Original Sin 2, Civ VI, and right now, Valheim

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

The game I can say I was truly captivated by, was Skyrim.

I played the game when I got a PS3 for a bit, then turned it off for probably a month. After that I picked it up again and just didn't stop playing until I explored the entire region.

With hindsight and the knowledge I have today, I can see how the game isn't what I thought it was at the start, but nothing can ever take those memories away from me.

Another game I just played soooo much was Pokemon Platinum and HeartGold. Two games, but it was just the world of both games and everything I could do in the game (like WiFi Plaza, trading online, etc.) that held my attention for very long.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, gloop said:

Might and Magic is available on GOG, works through DOS Box and is completely DRM free. Pretty cheap as well in the trilogies. 

I have them all, including the crappy IX and the latest unexpected "X: Legacy".
For whatever reason, VI and VII to me are the series' pinnacle.

MAIN PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Patriot Viper 4 3200 | GPU: XFX RX580 4Gb GTS | Case: Sharkoon S25-W | Storage: M.2 NVME Adata Gammix S10 128Gb + SATA SSD WD Blue 1Tb | ODD: LG GH24NSD1 | PSU: Seasonic Core GM-500 | Display: AOC I2490PXQU | Cooler: Wraith Stealth | Keyboard: Logitech K120 | Mouse: Logitech B100 | Sound: the usual integrated Realtek | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RETRO PC: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M | RAM: 2Gb DDR 800 | GPU: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb | Case: Tacens Anima AC4500 | Storage: IDE WD Blue 80Gb + IDE DVD-RW drive + floppy drive | Sound: Terratec 128i ESS Solo-1 PCI | OS: Windows 98 SE + Windows XP SP3 + Linux Bionic Pup 32
HTPC: CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | Motherboard: AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Aegis 3200 | Case: Aerocool CS-101 | Storage: SATA SSD Silicon Power A55 256Gb | ODD: LG blu-ray WH14NS40 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

There were many, so I'll just list the recent ones from the past 5 years or so that made a joke of my ability to track time.

Dark Souls 3

Nioh 2

Age of Wonders Planetfall

Mortal Kombat 11

Prey

Subnautica

Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun

Darkest Dungeon

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

The game I can say I was truly captivated by, was Skyrim.

I played the game when I got a PS3 for a bit, then turned it off for probably a month. After that I picked it up again and just didn't stop playing until I explored the entire region.

Totally agree on Skyrim (and Oblivion for what matters), I spent 200+ hours on it and loved every minute!

1 minute ago, DeadnightWarrior said:

I have them all, including the crappy IX and the latest unexpected "X: Legacy".
For whatever reason, VI and VII to me are the series' pinnacle.

I’ve wanted to go back to the original trilogy for a long time, but I’m unsure if I am too suited to modern conveniences as they came out well before I was born. 

1 minute ago, DeadnightWarrior said:

Kerbal Space Program.

Literally, I had envisioned so many aspects of the game as a kid (going back to kindergarten "computer" class, where there was a game where you could piece together a rocket and "launch it"... hey, I was 5 and it was the late '90s). I had tried finding something similar through the years (I think "Orbiter" was the closest I could find, but that was still just tossing pre-made launch vehicles around) but never came close to what I really was looking for (I wanted to build!).

Then, one day in my freshman year of college, I poked my head into my dorm-neighbor's room and found him playing the KSP demo (this wasn't long after it was launched) and I knew I needed to have it.

I immediately went back to my room, downloaded it, and pretty quickly put a rocket into stable orbit. Turns out my aerospace engineer neighbor had been trying all morning to do what took my electrical engineering brain about 35 minutes to do.

KSP is currently my highest logged game in Steam (~250 hours, I think, which isn't a ton, but I don't play many games to begin with). Tossing spaceplanes into orbit (or burning up trying) is one of my pass-times. You can't be disappointed by the plot of a game that has no plot 😉 .

Main System (Byarlant): Ryzen 7 5800X | Asus B550-Creator ProArt | EK 240mm Basic AIO | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-14 | XFX Speedster SWFT 210 RX 6600 | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB / Samsung 960 PRO 512GB / 4× Crucial MX500 2TB (RAID-0) | Corsair RM750X | a 10G NIC (pending) | Inateck USB 3.0 Card | Hyte Y60 Case | Dell U3415W Monitor | Keychron K4 Brown (white backlight)

Laptop (Narrative): Lenovo Flex 5 81X20005US | Ryzen 5 4500U | 16GB RAM (soldered) | Vega 6 Graphics | SKHynix P31 1TB NVMe SSD | Intel AX200 Wifi (all-around awesome machine)

Proxmox Server (Veda): Ryzen 7 3800XT | AsRock Rack X470D4U | Corsair H80i v2 | 64GB Micron DDR4 ECC 3200MT/s | 4x 10TB WD Whites / 4x 14TB Seagate Exos / 2× Samsung PM963a 960GB SSD | Seasonic Prime Fanless 500W | Intel X540-T2 10G NIC | LSI 9207-8i HBA | Fractal Design Node 804 Case (side panels swapped to show off drives) | VMs: TrueNAS Scale; Ubuntu Server (PiHole/PiVPN/NGINX?); Windows 10 Pro; Ubuntu Server (Apache/MySQL)

Media Center/Video Capture (Jesta Cannon): Ryzen 5 1600X | ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0 | Noctua NH-L12S | 16GB Crucial DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-22 | EVGA GTX750Ti SC | UMIS NVMe SSD 256GB / TEAMGROUP MS30 1TB | Corsair CX450M | Viewcast Osprey 260e Video Capture | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM | Silverstone Sugo SG-11 Case | Sony XR65A80K

Camera: Sony ɑ7II w/ Meike Grip | Sony SEL24240 | Samyang 35mm ƒ/2.8 | Sony SEL50F18F | Sony SEL2870 (kit lens) | PNY Elite Perfomance 512GB SDXC card

Network:

Spoiler
                           ┌─────────────── Office/Rack ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
Google Fiber Webpass ────── UniFi Security Gateway ─── UniFi Switch 8-60W ─┬─ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Veda (Proxmox Virtual Switch)
(500Mbps↑/500Mbps↓)                             UniFi CloudKey Gen2 (PoE) ─┴─ Veda (IPMI)           ╠═ Veda-NAS (HW Passthrough NIC)
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╩═ Narrative (Asus USB 2.5G NIC)
║ ┌────── Closet ──────┐   ┌─────────────── Bedroom ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
╚═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╤═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Byarlant
   (PoE)                 │                        ╠═ Narrative (Cable Matters USB-PD 2.5G Ethernet Dongle)
                         │                        ╚═ Jesta Cannon*
                         │ ┌─────────────── Media Center ──────────────────────────────────┐
Notes:                   └─ UniFi Switch 8 ─────────┬─ UniFi Access Point nanoHD (PoE)
═══ is Multi-Gigabit                                ├─ Sony Playstation 4 
─── is Gigabit                                      ├─ Pioneer VSX-S520
* = cable passed to Bedroom from Media Center       ├─ Sony XR65A80K (Google TV)
** = cable passed from Media Center to Bedroom      └─ Work Laptop** (Startech USB-PD Dock)

Retired/Other:

Spoiler

Laptop (Rozen-Zulu): Sony VAIO VPCF13WFX | Core i7-740QM | 8GB Patriot DDR3 | GT 425M | Samsung 850EVO 250GB SSD | Blu-ray Drive | Intel 7260 Wifi (lived a good life, retired with honor)

Testbed/Old Desktop (Kshatriya): Xeon X5470 @ 4.0GHz | ZALMAN CNPS9500 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3L | 8GB Nanya DDR2 400MHz | XFX HD6870 DD | OCZ Vertex 3 Max-IOPS 120GB | Corsair CX430M | HooToo USB 3.0 PCIe Card | Osprey 230 Video Capture | NZXT H230 Case

TrueNAS Server (La Vie en Rose): Xeon E3-1241v3 | Supermicro X10SLL-F | Corsair H60 | 32GB Micron DDR3L ECC 1600MHz | 1x Kingston 16GB SSD / Crucial MX500 500GB

3 minutes ago, DeadnightWarrior said:

Totally agree on Skyrim (and Oblivion for what matters), I spent 200+ hours on it and loved every minute!

I uhhh may have spent a little bit more time on Skyrim (and this is not even counting my PS3 time):

image.thumb.png.00bc62dd350a3cea8c31a4be18ba2703.png

A lot of this has been modding too, but indeed have loved every hour of my playthrough!

I haven't gotten into Oblivion and Morrowind though, just the mechanics are what kind of held me back from fully enjoying those, so I am sort of waiting for Skyblivion/Skywind (even though those are probably years away).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Minecraft, BeamNG, and TF2.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

13 minutes ago, gloop said:

I’ve wanted to go back to the original trilogy for a long time, but I’m unsure if I am too suited to modern conveniences as they came out well before I was born. 

Well, the first two chapters are VERY old style and quite difficult to get into. Graphics are nearly non-existent, there's no automap, everything is controlled by single keys only... it's a bit frustrating and very time consuming.

III: Isles Of Terra, IV: Clouds Of Xeen and V: Darkside Of Xeen are a bit more "modern" in the sense that they have VGA graphics and feel a little less clunky and difficult.

Then the one I mentioned, VI: The Mandate Of Heaven, shares the same graphic engine with VII: For Blood And Honor and VIII: Day Of The Destroyer: no more tile based movement but a sort of DooM-ish "2.5D" freedom. You still have to rely on keyboard for movement and attacks.

Finally, IX: Writ Of Fate is the only game in the series to feature real 3D... the bad thing is that it's a grossly unfinished game (the developers went bankrupt around that time) and it was a big disappointment.

All in all, I'd try VI and VII first, they're worth hundreds of hours!

Kingdom Hearts 2

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Most captivated by: Bioshock Infinite, ABZU
Lost track of time: HoMM 3, Darkest Dungeon

Still haven't played so many games that, I believe, have the potential (e.g. Subnautica, Outer Wilds, Ethan Carter)

Right now I am playing Xcom Apocalypse, the GOG version since the Steam version kept asking me to insert a disk. It is a 1997 game and I probably have done 1000s of hours on it in the past. Surprisingly it looks great on an OLED considering that it is a 640x480 game.  

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Played control last weekend. Despite the controversy,  it is a very good game imo. If you like ware house 13, the lost room mini series(key opens a door to a motel room), and SCP. This game is for you.
Make sure you read and listen to as many lore objects you can find.

Ragnarok Online -
My very 1st MMORPG back in 2003, spent thousand of hours combined in official and private servers. Made a lot of friends and memories.

Played since open beta , there was no guide/tip for beginner other than the guide book that came with the CD.

Went in blind af, exploring the beautiful and dangerous kingdom of Rune-Midgarts alone, and then with new friends that I made along the way.

Willing to trade a fragment of my soul for that kind of experience again. 

Honorable mention:
- Skyrim
- Guild Wars 2

- Grandia 2

- Dawn Of War
- Richard Burn Rally

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Final Fantasy 6 (3 in the US when I played it) was the first game I thought of as art.  It had a great story and drew me in.  I had it as a rental so I had to return it before beating it.  I rented it again and determined to beat it.  I powered though all weekend and fought the emperor on the floating island shortly before it had to be returned.  Then Kefka blew up the world and I suddenly realized I was only half way through.  I finally beat the whole thing a few years later when I had my own income to buy games.

Growing up as a kid form the early 90's...

• OG DOOM .... like Sega Genesis 16-bit / 32-bit DOOM
  • Mortal Kombat I and II (Sega Genesis)
  • Street Fighter II (SNES)
  • Starcraft / Starcraft Broodwar

During my middle school / high school times..

• Crossfire (literally free online knock-off of CS: Source)
  • Conquer Online 2.0 (kind of like a Diablo II like MMORPG)
Spoiler

Conquer Online Game Review

Conquer Online Game Review

• and r00nscape. 👀

These days?

• The Division 2
  • Vallheim

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

On 3/13/2021 at 2:55 AM, -rascal- said:

Vallheim

I never heard about this one but reading a few reviews on Steam, it looks promising!
What kind of game is it?

1 hour ago, DeadnightWarrior said:

I never heard about this one but reading a few reviews on Steam, it looks promising!
What kind of game is it?

Survival builder - think Viking Rust, but without death-by-starvation / death-by-dehydration. The food and drink buffs you, but not using it doesn't kill you off. Still in development but gawd it's fun!