Broke guy trying to get more into PC's and Gaming

congcatepa8651

If you're on a super low budget, don't go into new things. Below a certain price point it's just not worth it. What you want is to find a cheap old workstation and throw in a cheap half-decent graphics card (both from 2nd hand martet ofc). Linus has said it countless times, including whole scrapyard wars series (or in the $69 gaming PC vid that sb linked - "get a used PC and throw a video card I guarantee experience will be better than what we're about to do").

Even the $69 gaming PC - while all new, it is below recommended specs for Win10 (1GB of DDR2 xd)

Currently the cheapes new-ish APU is the Athlon 200GE, and even it is $120.

Edit: See this video. They actually built $69 gaming PC - using 2nd hand hardware, while in original $69 PC they failed to make a new working PC, let alone run any new-ish games.

Do you know where to get a decent used GPU right?  I need to buy a few actually lol

28 minutes ago, Stugotsv10 said:

Do you know where to get a decent used GPU right?  I need to buy a few actually lol

Depends on country, but in US - places like craigslist or FB marketplace

don't do that streaming crap like stadia, NEVER pay a subscription on stuff you 'own" google wants to bait and switch and ruin the industry. there's already drm and online activation stuff, why would you want the corporate commanders to own your hardware/device to play on too? GeForce now isnt nearly as bad as stadia because you can at least leave without any losses and not be tied in so maybe that's ok as a temporary solution, but I would just build something honestly. get a used older office pc with like an older i7 or semi old i5 and at least 8 gigs of ram and put a 1050 ti in it, get a 120/240 gb boot ssd and a decent sized hard drive and your set. and just don't activate windows, you save 100 dollars that way and it works indefinitely, and there are easy ways to remove watermark and change the background. or get a cheap grey market key. if you get something with a decent psu you could always get an old high end card/ like a gtx 770 or gtx 680, or even a 970 or amd equivalent. but only if you find one for really cheap, a low end modern card will be just as fast/almost as fast and last longer with better driver support.

Speaking of the 1050's WTF is with all the fake 1050's  is that like the easiest one to bootleg or something? 

Probably ! Also one of the most popular gpus .

And exactly if you want into cheap gaming look into those optiplex things with a Xenon 8core or something then get a cheap...  umm... whatever you can find... gpu... profit... ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Stugotsv10 said:

Speaking of the 1050's WTF is with all the fake 1050's  is that like the easiest one to bootleg or something? 

NVIDIA will be selling the 1050 TI again soon, so that's....   something?

Given the crap availability of hardware, and highly inflated pricing, I probably wouldn’t recommend getting into PC gaming right now, even if you have the money. With your budget, probably best to forget it entirely for awhile. 

Stardew Valley would probably be a good target at this point in time. 😉

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I suggest you get at least a part time job. 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

On 3/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, congcatepa8651 said:

Ok guys long time lurker first time poster, I'm in college and I have no shame in telling you I am broke and I mean BROKE BROKE, to a degree we ramen noodles 3 nights a week, my parents try and help best they can but they are on SSI with a fixed income so... anyways I came across this site and I tried searching on here for it and it seems no one has discussed it or bashed it or anything.

They claim you can connect through basically anything and have a full spec PC with some decent specs for a pretty low cost per month. So I had a few questions for you experts

1. Do you think its legit? or should I try it and pay with like a pre paid card?

2. Can they actually do what they are claiming

3. Will I be technically using their internet or my own when I browse, because we have Wifi here in the dorm 

I never used anything but windows and Mac so I would likely choose the windows package

https://cloudcorevm.com/

or on the OTHER hand if you think this is not the route to go can you maybe spec out a superrrr cheap PC for me?

Thanks guys

What part of the world are you located in?

On 3/8/2021 at 3:39 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

Not really, I've used an i5 3570 for the past 2 years until about 2 or so months ago and it did well in the latest titles. Considering an i5 3570 can be at nearly half the price of the i7 2600 I don't see a reason to pick it when around 30$ could go towards a better gpu more ram or a better ssd. And for less than 100$ you could easily put together a decent 6 core xeon with an x79 motherboard and 8gb of ram with money to spare for storage and a decent psu.

the cpus are not what cost its the mb. mb cpu and ram si still $200-$300 regardless of what old platform you go with then if you want to game you need a gpu and we all no about gpus...so it sitll $400-$500

show me this 6core for $100?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASUS-x58-P6T-Deluxe-Motherboard-Intel-x5660-6core-12thread-CPU-12GB-DDR31600/333907648449?hash=item4dbe725fc1%3Ag%3ACfMAAOSwBRdgPreV&LH_BIN=1

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Gotta parrot what all the others are saying. Get a job. Anything you can find. After you get in a better position, start saving some money from every paycheck. Make sure you can pay for everything else first though; a gaming PC is not a necessity. After a while you'll probably have enough money saved up for a decent machine, and hardware prices will hopefully have gone down.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

What part of the world are you located in?

USA East coast 

Thanks to everyone for the awesome answers Also thanks to the guy who actually went out of his way to test that program I suggested, I honestly think for now I can live with those specs. Of course once the price of video cards drop I would like to build one. I would be cool with the Optiplex and GPU method

Hi All,

Mike here from CloudCore LTD

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi!!! Also answer any questions anyone may have about our services, and while I realize our services are not yet for the hardcore gamer we hope they soon will be.

We surely appreciate the honest review in this thread as well.

10 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the cpus are not what cost its the mb. mb cpu and ram si still $200-$300 regardless of what old platform you go with then if you want to game you need a gpu and we all no about gpus...so it sitll $400-$500

I don't know where you get your prices from but here's the build that I had an the money I paid for it. BTW 75£=104$. Also if you're wondering the Optiplex 7010 doesn't have any proprietary crap except for like the airflow sensor or something which it works without. Paying 500$ for a i5 3570 build is ridiculous, for that money, a few months ago at least you could pick up a full build with a 500W PSU+r3 3100, b450 tomahawk, rx480, 16gb ram. Even with jacked prices, 500$ is too much. And you can get a i3 optiplex right now for about 100$ from ebay+ and i5 3570 for about 40$.

image.thumb.png.29c6fde5df694b9b85b5e3f0330958c8.pngimage.png.16b1cc2686d8bd70ab374a3f3fd5e0dd.png

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

show me this 6core for $100?

You're looking in the wrong place. This is what I meant by 6core+mb+memory. And you can go cheaper if you buy it separately. X99+E5 2620 V3 is 70£. 70£=97$ and 125£=173$

image.thumb.png.09c7ae03af726d418fe0357e12fcdaa8.png

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I don't know where you get your prices from but here's the build that I had an the money I paid for it. BTW 75£=104$. Also if you're wondering the Optiplex 7010 doesn't have any proprietary crap except for like the airflow sensor or something which it works without. Paying 500$ for a i5 3570 build is ridiculous, for that money, a few months ago at least you could pick up a full build with a 500W PSU+r3 3100, b450 tomahawk, rx480, 16gb ram. Even with jacked prices, 500$ is too much. And you can get a i3 optiplex right now for about 100$ from ebay+ and i5 3570 for about 40$.

image.thumb.png.29c6fde5df694b9b85b5e3f0330958c8.pngimage.png.16b1cc2686d8bd70ab374a3f3fd5e0dd.png

You're looking in the wrong place. This is what I meant by 6core+mb+memory. And you can go cheaper if you buy it separately. X99+E5 2620 V3 is 70£. 70£=97$ and 125£=173$

I would actually jump on that but the problem is ANY video card for that would be a complete screw job 

Just now, Stugotsv10 said:

I would actually jump on that but the problem is ANY video card for that would be a complete screw job 

Which one, and why would the GPU be an issue? If you're talking about the optiplex, it can fit a full size gpu inside since it's a mini tower not sff.

11 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

you would call an Optiplex 7010 a gaming pc? wtf man not only that the psu in them are crap. the lowest i would go is x58 for a bug-it gaming pc. you cant get gpus that cheap any more i got some rx 470 for $85 a year ago thow there fans were broken still. now there like $150+

you still need a case, psu, heatsink, hhd, thermal past and a gpu.

the w3670 will beat the e52620. if you go with an namebrand mb you can do over clocking on a lower cpu and get 4.0

w3670 vs i5 3470

you can over clock on an hp and dell x58 with an unlocked cpu. i was not lucky with my 2 w3670 and 3680 cpus only got 3.83. not only that they have 500 wat psu in em. the dell t5500 has a 800 wat psu.

cheap pc x58.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

This is the worst time to get into PC gaming in the last 30 years. Maybe longer, but that's about how long I've been gaming on PC.

3 hours ago, jabroni619 said:

This is the worst time to get into PC gaming in the last 30 years. Maybe longer, but that's about how long I've been gaming on PC.

well maybe not ya it might cost more but depending on what els you spent your time and money one pc can be cheap. there are lots of old cheap games and can suck hundreds of houses a way form your life... but you save money by not buying anything els if you pick up what im putting down.

Edited by thrasher_565

Even the crappy GPU's that couldn't mine with a gun to their head are a million dollars