Broke guy trying to get more into PC's and Gaming

congcatepa8651

Look for a core 2 quad optiplex on ebay and stick a used 750ti or something in it

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

40 minutes ago, starry said:

Look for a core 2 quad optiplex on ebay and stick a used 750ti or something in it

God No,  HELL NO.  DO NOT GO THAT OLD.

You will hate your life forever.

So, Linus' "69 dollar PC" project is a few years old now, and needs some tweaking, but can be done relatively well, still, but on significantly newer tech.

CPU:  Intel i7 2600 (lowest you should go)

A Dell or HP Tower can be purchased for 150$ or less online.  (Depending on your patience.)  If you buy a Dell Optiplex 990?  It uses a standard ATX PSU, which gives you a lot more flexibility in the future.  (Most pre-builts use annoying custom power supplies.)

RAM:  8GB (16 if it's there?  But probably more than you need.)

HDD:  Whatever.  Sometimes you can find one with an SSD in it, which is awesome, otherwise, you can just wait for a good sale on a 250GB SSD later.

GPU:  Add one later.  

What I'd suggest is find a friend who can 'front' the order for you, and pay them back.  Any company who offers it is going to rake you over the coals.  

(There are options for much newer CPUs at very good prices, but you'll be limited in other ways to what you can use in them.)

3 hours ago, congcatepa8651 said:

Well thats even worse right? ETH is GPU mined which is bad for us gamers isnt it? BTC basically can't even be mined with GPU can it? I mean it CAN but your electric bill would not like it lol

both eth and bit mining take the same amount of power, both are very profitable, ethereum is more profitable, but not as many people except ethereum

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

the x56 is a good cheap option for low end gaming i mean on that budget you wont be able to afford a game anyway but there are lot of old games that are good to play. lots of inday games as well and free to paly. but the problem is find one for a good price. and find a gpu for that matter.

say $300 for pc is not to bad. buy games only when 50-75% off in the 5-$20 range.

but a job will help alot. even if its 1 day a week.

and xbox 360 or ps3 is a good option too

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, tkitch said:

God No,  HELL NO.  DO NOT GO THAT OLD.

You will hate your life forever.

Idk i still use a computer with a phenom sometimes. Seems fine as long as I dont play anything new.
He did say he was super broke so thats what I suggested ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

13 minutes ago, starry said:

Idk i still use a computer with a phenom sometimes. Seems fine as long as I dont play anything new.
He did say he was super broke so thats what I suggested ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

i agree there are lots of 'old games'' that are good and FUN to play.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Can anyone suggest me the best 450 motherboard for ryzen 5 3600 with WiFi and without WiFi

Peace ☮️

18 hours ago, Amias said:

Yeah bro. If you're eating raman 3 times a day, stay away from PC gaming. You need to get a job.

Do We know if he has a job or not? While I haven't eaten Raman for some time, I did enjoyed the noodles as snack a few times a day. Or even to save up money for something.

18 hours ago, Amias said:

Yeah bro. If you're eating raman 3 times a day, stay away from PC gaming. You need to get a job.

Do We know if he has a job or not? While I haven't eaten Raman for some time, I did enjoyed the noodles as snack a few times a day. Or even to save up money for something.

I did have a decent job pre pandemic I mean nothing great but in my state they shut down quite a bit, then re opened it so I went back to work THEN they shut down again and I did not work enough in between so I can't get unemployment.. so yeah no job now

2 minutes ago, congcatepa8651 said:

I did have a decent job pre pandemic I mean nothing great but in my state they shut down quite a bit, then re opened it so I went back to work THEN they shut down again and I did not work enough in between so I can't get unemployment.. so yeah no job now

In your case I would wait until you are working again. Even if it is the Odd J now and then. 

I don't have an upfront money type situation but my  parents said they would do a monthly thing as long as credit is not involved.. so $45 a month with the company in my first post does have an appeal to me. My issue is if its bunk my parents likely won't give me another try

Like I said man, I'm willing to test it out and let you and everyone know how it is.. run it through the ringer so to speak lol

Screw it ill do it, and do a review here and maybe make a thread about it too, could be a cool experiment since there are NO DAMN GPU'S AND WE CANT BUILD ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought it for 1 month, waiting for it to "launch" or whatever ill let everyone know

If your wifi is fast enough, game streaming should be the perfect option for you.

Google Stadia, Playstation Now, GeForce Now, and I dunno what else there is, they will all enable you to play singleplayer games reasonably well with a monthly subscription (and buying some games, ofc, but you can get those at huge discounts during sales). 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

OK GUYS!!  So here is my review (now I sound like Linus up in here) of the $45 a month virtual from Cloud Core Virtuals, and I might even do a post about this on its own as well.......
Sooooooo let me start off by saying they have AVG anti virus and OMFG it is annoying as all HELL, just never seems to leave you alone lol  I mean ok maybe thats being petty but Jesus H Christ.
So now on to how I tested it....

Opened a bunch of tabs she ran rock solid gotta say

Ran Cinebench R23 (was the one that was in the windows store and I Was being lazy) I got a 3106 on the multi core score which isn't too bad considering.. my 3400G APU does about 5100 - 5200 in the Multi core test so ehhhh.. still considering teh price its not terrible I guess, besides there is no way to game on it so I guess for daily tasks what more would we need.

The Internet seemed to be slightly better then they claim but also they are in NY and im just a stones throw in CT sooooo that may be the reason.

As far as customer service I never really had an issues so never spoke to anyone really, they sent the login details and instructions and it simply worked, no pain in the butt stuff like like AWS thats Win server where you its a WAR to even get Chrome lol  This is Win 10 system with seemingly no restrictions.

Audio works seemlessly video does not shutter or anything, I watched a couple Youtube music videos and it seemed perfect, no lags as far as I can tell, doesn't AWS have like no audio or crappy lag or something I forget.
Device forwarding actually worked!!!! plugged in a printer and an External SSD and both worked, the hard drive actually worked and I had the storage, doesn't that defeat the purpose of adding another package for more storage tho??? I can literally use a flash drive an on the next package of hard drive space but whatever.

Overall I gotta say this is pretty cool, for me I more so enjoy the building of gaming rigs and I'm a gamer so not sure if this would be for me per say but gotta give props

pics attached

Cin.jpg

speedtest.jpg

Task manager.jpg

On 3/5/2021 at 12:43 PM, 8-Bit Ninja said:

What you want is something like Google Stadia 

google stadia is shit, my worst buy, please don't do the same error, I was with Geforce Now (150 mb per sec internet) and it was 5x better.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, tkitch said:

CPU:  Intel i7 2600 (lowest you should go)

Not really, I've used an i5 3570 for the past 2 years until about 2 or so months ago and it did well in the latest titles. Considering an i5 3570 can be at nearly half the price of the i7 2600 I don't see a reason to pick it when around 30$ could go towards a better gpu more ram or a better ssd. And for less than 100$ you could easily put together a decent 6 core xeon with an x79 motherboard and 8gb of ram with money to spare for storage and a decent psu.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:43 PM, 8-Bit Ninja said:

What you want is something like Google Stadia 

The input lag may be problematic though, anywhere near 100-150ms is noticeable and can hinder gameplay experience, especially in FPS games. But if there's no alternative (gaming PC too costly) I guess it will do it.

If every meal is ramen (and I've been there), then skip the gaming PC.  Work on getting funds together first.  If you absolutely need to game right now.  The best price to performance you're going to get is a used Xbox One/Switch/PS4.  Especially the Xbox One with something like gamepass (assuming you can handle a monthly subscription service).  With current pricing on the market, that's about all you're going to get on a super low budget that offers a decent gaming experience.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.