Realistically when will we see RTX 3000 series stock?

Phat Beatsies

I'm honestly just curious at this point if anyone might have some insight or just a rough guess of when we might be seeing the RTX 3000 series back in stock again. I know it's basically a meme at this point but I've been trying to buy a 3090 since launch in September and haven't seen any stock available anywhere. I'm guessing that I probably won't be able to pick one up until like june-july but I really don't want to wait that long as I need more vram for revit than my 1080 ti gives me. So I'm stuck between just waiting in the meantime or buying an overpriced titan or quadro. Any idea for stock or suggestions anyone?

2022-3

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

early-mid 2022.

There is not just a graphics card shortage, there is a worldwide silicon shortage where car production is being stopped because of lacking the chips. I'm estimating it'll take a year to get 30 series readily available. 😕

After the next crypto crash the prices are bound to drop when miners sell their cards. As long as they keep on buying more of them there is no incentive to go down. Beats me when that's going to happen.
One might also hope AMD is able to meet demand since their cards are nerfed for mining, but iirc they produce less than Nvidia atm so the influence is smaller.

My GPU acted ugly yesterday, I was terrified of buying in the current market.

33 minutes ago, SAVE-12-HK said:

op only asking for stock, not price

My bad.

realistically at MSRP?  You probably won't.

The Silicone Shortage is bad enough that I don't see it "resolving" this year.  We may be well into 2022 before it gets better.  And soon after that we'd be due for the next GPU iteration.

29 minutes ago, tkitch said:

realistically at MSRP?  You probably won't.

The Silicone Shortage is bad enough that I don't see it "resolving" this year.  We may be well into 2022 before it gets better.  And soon after that we'd be due for the next GPU iteration.

Silicone

image.jpeg.7d3fe42914c0ae1099d5f3cfc1e962ad.jpeg

/s

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

2022...Around 2nd quarter. 

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

Yeah I don't see it letting up any time soon, which sucks because I desperately want to upgrade the 6850 in my second rig. I snagged a 2080 super (for my main rig) last spring and was pretty upset when the new 3000 series launched shortly thereafter but now I'm counting my lucky stars.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The owners of the place where I got my 3070 told me that their suppliers have told them not to expect anything like normalcy before Summer 2022. The suppliers also told them that they expect MSRPs to shift upward in the meantime. A few manufacturers have already bumped their MSRPs up. So, don't expect prices to drop back to current levels when the cards do become available. I paid $850 for the 3070 and that's starting to look like a bargain.

6 hours ago, tkitch said:

The Silicone Shortage is bad enough that I don't see it "resolving" this year.

Oh no! There is a shortage on silicone too!  What will I use to fill in gaps and create gaskets with? 

22 hours ago, Phat Beatsies said:

rough guess

In all seriousness, I expect things to kinda normalize somewhere in 2022, the silicon shortage is effecting the production of more important things. 

Also, I miss 2019.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

everyone saying 2022 etc:

that assumes they're still producing them cards then, I could see a 4000 series with proper pricing (around 2000 series level) and appropriate VRAM solutions at the end of 2022.

All according to plan, of course, nvidia knew availability for 3000  line would be very limited, hence the low 'msrp' and last gen VRAM amounts.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

49 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

everyone saying 2022 etc:

that assumes they're still producing them cards then, I could see a 4000 series with proper pricing (around 2000 series level) and appropriate VRAM solutions at the end of 2022.

Assuming Crypto doesn't hold strong, the most realistic scenario for a GPU at MSRP would be 4000 series.

I have read multiple articles that predict it will take up to 18 months to increase production and restock retailers.  At present, roughly 20-30 units of GPUs are being restocked to every outlet per month.

I know solutions for scalping is a salty subject, but if manufacturers and governments can establish more serious sentencing than simply cancelling orders and issuing fines (perhaps prison time), it may better deter the practice and allow stock to stabilise.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:05 AM, EjectedCasings said:

Silicone

image.jpeg.7d3fe42914c0ae1099d5f3cfc1e962ad.jpeg

/s

wait they don't make cpus out of fake tits?

• 1 month later...

We'll be getting ready for the 4000 series cards  to release by the time things level out