Shipping carrier complaining/whining thread

Mister Woof

I know there's a storm and bad weather in the US midwest, so forgive me if I sound a bit silly.

I'm just annoyed that I have been waiting for my 5800x for a really long time now - already 4 days past the estimated delivery date and it is now just pending delivery with no movement since the 12th.

Anyone else have their packages delayed recently?

First world problems, I know. Prayers to everyone affected by weather in the midwest.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, FakeKGB said:

Can you change it to "postal service complaining/whining thread", please?
I have a super annoying story about the US Postal Service, dating back to September...

Made it general. All are welcome to complain about shipping carriers.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I know there's a storm and bad weather in the US midwest, so forgive me if I sound a bit silly.

yea because of that i ordered a package 2 weeks ago, its estimated fucking march 5

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Made it general. All are welcome to complain about shipping carriers.

Here ya go!
So back in September, I listed an Asound-Plus ISA sound card.
I listed it for $11 (a great deal), so it sold almost immediately.

I shipped it out, monitored its progress, and noticed something weird:
"Destination address error: Returning to home post office"
It supposedly arrived on October 2nd, though all traces of that listing are gone, so I can't look up the number.

I went to the post office, asked for the package, and was asked for a pink slip.

I had no such thing, so I went home and waited.

And waited, and waited, and waited.

I still don't have a pink slip.

But my housemate, who had a shipping error happen in December, got her pink slip on January 4th.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Here ya go!
So back in September, I listed an Asound-Plus ISA sound card.
I listed it for $11 (a great deal), so it sold almost immediately.

I shipped it out, monitored its progress, and noticed something weird:
"Destination address error: Returning to home post office"
It supposedly arrived on October 2nd, though all traces of that listing are gone, so I can't look up the number.

I went to the post office, asked for the package, and was asked for a pink slip.

I had no such thing, so I went home and waited.

And waited, and waited, and waited.

I still don't have a pink slip.

But my housemate, who had a shipping error happen in December, got her pink slip on January 4th.

I've had pretty good results with USPS, UPS, Amazon, and even Ontrac.

FedEx has always been the worst for me.

Just now, Mister Woof said:

I've had pretty good results with USPS, UPS, Amazon, and even Ontrac.

USPS has never failed me except this one time.

UPS is decent, but a bit expensive.

FedEx is SLOW.

Plus they lost my package for 2 weeks.

elephants

FedEx is SLOW.

Plus they lost my package for 2 weeks.

Pretty sure Best Buy used FedEx and the same thing happened to a mouse I ordered once. They eventually just refunded me.

FedEx is SLOW

Yeah, FedEx took like 3 weeks to deliver my meshify c!

And it was 5 days past my estimated delivery date

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I had won a bid on a AMD EPYC 7551 processor and the seller decided to use USPS.

Not only did two weeks pass and it never showed up but the tracking number stated they never received the package from the seller. Contacted the seller and he assured me he shipped it but that he's been having issues with his local PO.

Long story short he just gave me a refund. I don't think the CPU is ever going to show up. 😢

16 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

USPS chronically misplaces/misroutes things to me. Lost a $150 package because it was "marked as delivered" and that's the USPS' final word (can't get insurance on it). The worst part is they'll "mark as delivered" a box on one day, and then deliver it the next; if something happens in between, you have no way of proving it. I can't get the verified delivery on my address because it's not unique (apartment), and the USPS will gladly charge you to hold your mail because their own laziness.

UPS is my personal favorite. The delivery people are nice and the UPS store is around the corner from me if I need to ship anything.

FedEx is SLOW.

Don't usually have much trouble with FedEx, but they've also pulled the "mark as delivered but tomorrow" shenanigans at least once on me. Nice that I can reroute to the local Walgreens for pickup if I'm concerned about it (like say $1000 camera lenses...).

Main System (Byarlant): Ryzen 7 5800X | Asus B550-Creator ProArt | EK 240mm Basic AIO | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-14 | XFX Speedster SWFT 210 RX 6600 | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB / Samsung 960 PRO 512GB / 4× Crucial MX500 2TB (RAID-0) | Corsair RM750X | Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G NIC | Inateck USB 3.0 Card | Hyte Y60 Case | Dell U3415W Monitor | Keychron K4 Brown (white backlight)

Laptop (Narrative): Lenovo Flex 5 81X20005US | Ryzen 5 4500U | 16GB RAM (soldered) | Vega 6 Graphics | SKHynix P31 1TB NVMe SSD | Intel AX200 Wifi (all-around awesome machine)

Proxmox Server (Veda): Ryzen 7 3800XT | AsRock Rack X470D4U | Corsair H80i v2 | 64GB Micron DDR4 ECC 3200MT/s | 4x 10TB WD Whites / 4x 14TB Seagate Exos / 2× Samsung PM963a 960GB SSD | Seasonic Prime Fanless 500W | Intel X540-T2 10G NIC | LSI 9207-8i HBA | Fractal Design Node 804 Case (side panels swapped to show off drives) | VMs: TrueNAS Scale; Ubuntu Server (PiHole/PiVPN/NGINX?); Windows 10 Pro; Ubuntu Server (Apache/MySQL)

Media Center/Video Capture (Jesta Cannon): Ryzen 5 1600X | ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0 | Noctua NH-L12S | 16GB Crucial DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-22 | EVGA GTX750Ti SC | UMIS NVMe SSD 256GB /

TEAMGROUP MS30 1TB | Corsair CX450M | Viewcast Osprey 260e Video Capture | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM | Silverstone Sugo SG-11 Case | Sony XR65A80K

Camera: Sony ɑ7II w/ Meike Grip | Sony SEL24240 | Samyang 35mm ƒ/2.8 | Sony SEL50F18F | Sony SEL2870 (kit lens) | PNY Elite Perfomance 512GB SDXC card

Network:

Spoiler
                           ┌─────────────── Office/Rack ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
Google Fiber Webpass ────── UniFi Security Gateway ─── UniFi Switch 8-60W ─┬─ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Veda (Proxmox Virtual Switch)
(500Mbps↑/500Mbps↓)                             UniFi CloudKey Gen2 (PoE) ─┴─ Veda (IPMI)           ╠═ Veda-NAS (HW Passthrough NIC)
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╩═ Narrative (Asus USB 2.5G NIC)
║ ┌────── Closet ──────┐   ┌─────────────── Bedroom ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
╚═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╤═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Byarlant
   (PoE)                 │                        ╠═ Narrative (Cable Matters USB-PD 2.5G Ethernet Dongle)
                         │                        ╚═ Jesta Cannon*
                         │ ┌─────────────── Media Center ──────────────────────────────────┐
Notes:                   └─ UniFi Switch 8 ─────────┬─ UniFi Access Point nanoHD (PoE)
═══ is Multi-Gigabit                                ├─ Sony Playstation 4 
─── is Gigabit                                      ├─ Pioneer VSX-S520
* = cable passed to Bedroom from Media Center       ├─ Sony XR65A80K (Google TV)
** = cable passed from Media Center to Bedroom      └─ Work Laptop** (Startech USB-PD Dock)

Retired/Other:

Spoiler

Laptop (Rozen-Zulu): Sony VAIO VPCF13WFX | Core i7-740QM | 8GB Patriot DDR3 | GT 425M | Samsung 850EVO 250GB SSD | Blu-ray Drive | Intel 7260 Wifi (lived a good life, retired with honor)

Testbed/Old Desktop (Kshatriya): Xeon X5470 @ 4.0GHz | ZALMAN CNPS9500 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3L | 8GB Nanya DDR2 400MHz | XFX HD6870 DD | OCZ Vertex 3 Max-IOPS 120GB | Corsair CX430M | HooToo USB 3.0 PCIe Card | Osprey 230 Video Capture | NZXT H230 Case

TrueNAS Server (La Vie en Rose): Xeon E3-1241v3 | Supermicro X10SLL-F | Corsair H60 | 32GB Micron DDR3L ECC 1600MHz | 1x Kingston 16GB SSD / Crucial MX500 500GB

I purchased something last Monday, basically when the snow stuff started in Texas. The company I ordered from ships from Texas, so after a day or so I got a notification my order would be delayed.

The order shipped today, which I still think is quite swift.

What I mean to say, is that shipping at the moment is a lot more difficult, not because of the recent weather related issues, but also from the lasting effects of COVID-19, putting extra stress on the shipping infrastructure.

I think at the moment we all need to be a bit more patient, but also mindful that things will ship probably a few days later than normal.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Bruh. I am having a nightmare. I ordered a present for my mum for her birthday and the item is from CHINA but the company selling it is based in Sweden? does not make any sense. The item arrived here in the UK 20 DAYS AGO AND I DON'T HAVE IT.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

21 minutes ago, minibois said:

I purchased something last Monday, basically when the snow stuff started in Texas. The company I ordered from ships from Texas, so after a day or so I got a notification my order would be delayed.

The order shipped today, which I still think is quite swift.

What I mean to say, is that shipping at the moment is a lot more difficult, not because of the recent weather related issues, but also from the lasting effects of COVID-19, putting extra stress on the shipping infrastructure.

I think at the moment we all need to be a bit more patient, but also mindful that things will ship probably a few days later than normal.

Haven't had any problems with shipping until the storm tbh - although most of it has been in shipped within California. 

I had one package from UPS arrive a day late this past week due to bad weather, but another one arrived on time. Over all though my experiences have pretty much aligned with the ones mentioned above:

UPS: I can't remember a single time I had a problem with them

USPS: Every once in a while they will deliver my package to the wrong address. It's not entirely their fault, there's a house about 3 blocks away from me that has the same house number, and the street name starts with the same letter and is about the same length. My regular postal guy is pretty good about it, the problems arise when he goes on vacation and the temporary replacement doesn't want to spend more than half a second reading the address. 

Fedex: Avoid it like the plague. I swear every time I have something shipped through them, something has to happen. Either they lose the package, deliver it a few weeks late, say they can't deliver to my address and make me pick it from their warehouse, or beat the living shit out of the package. I don't know how they manage to damage the packages every time, are they just drop kicking them across warehouses, or dropping them straight from the plane for a faster delivery time or something?

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Off Topic

SORRY ABOUT THAT

I thought I was already in Off topic.

my mistake 😞

Never had a package delayed so far, but the online store I use ships my $3000 dollars worth of stuffs to my door

And just friggin leaves it there and GTFO, twice in a row now

As if it's a $5 package

I would assume that they would make me go pick it up or something but nah

Used to give me a call to pick up the package long ago but not recently

Maybe I should complain about not receiving it next time 🙄

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

My dad and younger brother bought my mom some AirPods as a Christmas/Birthday gift from Amazon that were being shipped through USPS. They got a refund as it was stuck in Atlanta for a few weeks... then guess what showed up outta nowhere?

I also have a screener VHS of the SpongeBob Movie sitting near Chicago, Illinois that hasn't had any movement since Thursday.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I upgraded my phone right.  So I sent my old phone back to AT&T with the prepaid label.  So I dropped it off at my local UPS store.  

I remember dropping it off and giving it to the lady at the front counter.

The tracking hasn't been updated at all. They didn't even scan it in, it's just stuck at, "shipping label created."  I'm just supposed to call AT&T once a week and see if they can run the IMEI number from the old phone to see if they got it back.  Like what the fuck?

So it may show up it may not.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

This is for DHL in the UK

My sister was expecting a delivery. She was working from home and my mum was also home.

She gets a email notification saying the parcel has been delivered?

She goes downstairs and nothing?

She logs onto the DHL site to check the tracking and they have taken a photo of the package at a doorway. but not hers? and they didnt leave a card sayiong where they delivered it to and wasnt on the tracking.

Checked with her neighbours...nothing..when she called DHL they didn't know where the driver left it??

She waited a few days and no reply

Luckily I know someone who works in logistics and knew some people in DHL.

it was eventually found a mile away.  The house they left the items at even said to the driver that this isn't anywhere near there house. 

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro