If you won 100 Million

What would you do, if you won 100 million dollars/pounds whatever.

• I would, buy an apartment/flat that has 2 bedrooms and can easily have fibre optic installed. Then I'd get a sweet internet speed set up.
  • Then I'd go and buy an i7 3960X, a Gigabyte Mobo, 2 Titans, a nice CM 690 NVidia editon case and some others stuff and watercool the CPU.
  • Then I'd buy my Dad, Sisters and Mum a new car.
  • Then seeing what I'd have left would still be over 99 Million I would invest a little into my friends business and into a business of my own
  • Use some for University course
  • Buy myself a nice car
  • Pay for insure (All gone by now :P)
  • Donate 10 Million to Linus/Slick/Diesil and anyone else who works behind the scenes.

That would be about me done. What about you guys?

The first things I'd do is share the wealth with my mom, dad and brother, then give my 2 weeks notice at my job. The rest I would figure out as it unfolds.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

i would travel the world for years....there is so much to see und learn out there :D

This and I would save half of it in my bank and use the other half firstly to share it with my parents, so that they'll have a good retirement. Secondly invest in Google and Apple. No harm trying. After that travel the world for 10 years and see what I want to do from there.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Take the 100 million, put it in some safe investment for 5% annual growth.

Spend the 5 million a year sponsoring money to each and every person that wants to make unboxing videos on youtube.  I'll send them the products and video equipment and everything.  Then I'll laugh at Linus because Unboxing videos will become just like Let's play videos.  Everyone and their grandmother could make them.

I would give 10 million to my mom and dad, 7 million to my nineteen year old sister, 5 million to Linus Media Group Inc., get a VERY nice house in a nice city, pay whatever the cost is to get gigabit internet at my house, and donate ~10 million to charities. 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

I'd buy a few decent sized* houses of my friends and i, get them into the college and uni courses they always wanted to get into, build them, and myself some badass PCs, basically. set myself and my close friends up for pretty much life.

Then i'd give some money to my gran and auntie. Donate some cash to charity, invest some and save the rest. Just incase i want that fancy new car later down the line. 

Also, i wouldn't quit my job. Because it's going to run out eventually, and i'll need an income source for then. 

Decent sized being :  

• Up and down stairs back and front door
  • Attic
  • Basement
  • Garage
  • pool
  • and back garden

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Also, i wouldn't quit my job. Because it's going to run out eventually, and i'll need an income source for then. 

You'd use up 100 million dollars?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

pounds, and yes. Eventually. you can't expect that to last you forever.

Also, anyone looking for that little extra. Go with £.

100,000,000.00 GBP = 155,738,470.32 USD

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

If you spend the money foolishly, then I guess you'd run out.

with 2% intrest for your 100million, you would have to spend over 170k every month to lose money. don't know how he plans to do that...^^

If you spend the money foolishly, then I guess you'd run out.

Yes. However, living costs and fuel costs will eat away at that money stash. every little thing you buy will eat at that. You keep an income, you keep solubility, Therefore by keeping said income, you can guarantee your wealth for your old age, die in peace and be assured that your kids will have at least some money left over from you;

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Take 10 million of that 100 million and put it away as an emergency fund. Then, take the other 90 million and go on a world tour. When I get back to the united states I will spend whatever I have left on a home and build a computer out of money. It obviously wouldn't function considering it's a computer made out of money, but it would be a good conversation piece.

i would donate about 60% of it then proceed to give my family and whatnot a million each, quit my job and live a pretty rocking  life on the rest of the money. no gigantic houses expensive cars or stupid things wasting resources, 1 person shouldn't have to much in life.

Yes. However, living costs and fuel costs will eat away at that money stash. every little thing you buy will eat at that. You keep an income, you keep solubility, Therefore by keeping said income, you can guarantee your wealth for your old age, die in peace and be assured that your kids will have at least some money left over from you;

I don't think you realize how much you'd have to spend every year to run out of $100 000 000. If you spent $1 000 000 per year and lived to be 100, you'd run out.

the majority of people .. namely almost everyone don't earn NEARLY that ammount through an entire lifetime of working, even several, and you only got 1 regardless so who cares. how in the hell would you use up 100 million pounds? so wastefull

I don't think you realize how much you'd have to spend every year to run out of $100 000 000. If you spent $1 000 000 per year and lived to be 100, you'd run out.

I don't think you realize how much it'd cost to sustain someone who just won £100,000,000. Your daily spending would skyrocket, your monthly spending would skyrocket. And thus, by ensuring that you continue working, you're not going to throw yourself back into the fold at your retirement age, because you've ran out of cash. You can safely retire without worrying.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't think you realize how much it'd cost to sustain someone who just won £100,000,000. Your daily spending would skyrocket, your monthly spending would skyrocket. And thus, by ensuring that you continue working, you're not going to throw yourself back into the fold at your retirement age, because you've ran out of cash. You can safely retire without worrying.

It doesn't HAVE to. It's up to the individual. Living off $100 000 000 for the rest of the average person's life span is completely feasible.

the majority of people .. namely almost everyone don't earn NEARLY that ammount through an entire lifetime of working, even several, and you only got 1 regardless so who cares. how in the hell would you use up 100 million pounds? so wastefull

Well, for one. Take a look at what happens to most people when they receive a windfall. They spend it all within a few years, essentially ruining their lives. You'd most certainly not want to get into that. By ensuring you have another income source, you can continue with your life as it potentially returns to normal.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The fastest way to waste 100 million is gambling, other than that its gonna take a long time to spend it all.

if i had 100m i would buy shoes because thats what i want right now. :D

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

It doesn't HAVE to. It's up to the individual. Living off $100 000 000 for the rest of the average persons life span is completely feasible.

It is, however. Having such a large amount of money just lying around, most people would raise their spendage due to the windfall. It's not a question of gross spendage for the average individual. Once you receive that windfall, you no longer have the spendage of the 'average individual' Your spending, on maintenance of your house, of insurance of your home, of your car. MOT on your car(s) Food, dining out, holidays. It will not be viable in the long term.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

It is, however. Having such a large amount of money just lying around, most people would raise their spendage due to the windfall. It's not a question of gross spendage for the average individual. Once you receive that windfall, you no longer have the spendage of the 'average individual' Your spending, on maintenance of your house, of insurance of your home, of your car. MOT on your car(s) Food, dining out, holidays. It will not be viable in the long term.

So you're telling me you'd still get up in the morning to go to a job for the money, when you're consciously aware you have 100 million in the bank? Ok...

So you're telling me you'd still get up in the morning to go to a job for the money, when you're consciously aware you have 100 million in the bank? Ok...

Maybe not as a desk clerk, no. But from an income and long term strategy, yes.

Also, lol. Banks. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler